Arbroath V Motherwell, 21.01.23

Neil86

10 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

This might sound a daft question but if Adarkwa played in the FA Cup for Maidstone is he now cup tied for our FA Cup? Suppose it would be the same for the new striker Motherwell signed from Gillingham last week. 

No.

Being "cup-tied" only applies if it's the same competition. The Scottish Cup and the FA Cup are different competitions, so both players would be eligible to play.

Where is best for parking at the weekend?

On the game itself, I genuinely have the fear. Arbroath will no doubt be up for it and I think our team of shitbags will struggle with any physical battle. 

Hopefully have enough to get through but who knows. 

Hugely looking forward to this - the type of good away trip that we don't get enough of in the Cup. I was at the previous 2 games (or one and half) at Gayfield but it was a long time ago and as both teams have been in different League Cup geographic groups, these type of trips north are rarer for us. Looking forward to a wee train day as well.

I'm tempted to say home win but we've hardly been beaten on our travels this year (and our one game against lower division opposition was a very comfortable win over ICT) - so, Home win :)

5 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Covers were put down yesterday and are to be lifted on Friday evening 

Wow 59,500 posts for lichtie23 😳. Joined around the same time as me on just over 3000 posts.

Is there nothing else to do in Arbroath 😛.

Are you confident of an upset this Saturday. You should be !

1 minute ago, welldaft said:

… Are you confident of an upset this Saturday. You should be !

Have you seen where we are this season? Obviously hope we win or draw on Saturday but would quite happily take a 0-6 scudding in return for league wins v Morton and Raith.

28 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Wow 59,500 posts for lichtie23 😳. Joined around the same time as me on just over 3000 posts.

Is there nothing else to do in Arbroath 😛.

Are you confident of an upset this Saturday. You should be !

Can’t see anything but a Motherwell win unfortunately. I just hope we are competitive. We’ve certainly improved with the January signings so that’s a positive

Well, both set of supporters seem to be predicting defeat for their own teams so to inject a bit of positivity i'll go for a cracking game and 6-6 draw.

Is there replays or games played to a finish?

Good match ticket uptake by 'Well supporters so far.

9 hours ago, wellboy1991 said:

Where is best for parking at the weekend?

On the game itself, I genuinely have the fear. Arbroath will no doubt be up for it and I think our team of shitbags will struggle with any physical battle. 

Hopefully have enough to get through but who knows. 

There

270CC52A-26AC-4F09-A101-662CFFFF013A.jpeg

I'm really looking forward to this for the day out. It's a ground I've never been to and we rarely get games like this in the cup.

As for the game itself I'm not too confident at all. Our defence is a bombscare and will inevitably give Arbroath chances. I hope Blaney comes in for this, he's way overdue a start. Hopefully Dean starts ahead of Goss as well and I wouldn't mind seeing Oxborough getting a chance but that seems unlikely. I hope we have enough to get the job done but given what we've seen all season you don't know. This could be the game where we win and it kickstarts our season but lose it and it really is destined to only go one way.

3 hours ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Fully expect Abroath to win this.

I would consider it more of a “shock” if Motherwell win comfortably with a sound defensive performance. 

You really don’t have any idea of how terrible we have been this season do you?

We (may possibly) have strengthened in the window but our last 3 home games have been 1-5, 1-4, 1-4 and we have won only once at home all season in the league, a scrappy 1-0 win over an abject Hamilton.

I would be happy with a decent performance and narrow defeat.

Edited by Tattie36

16 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

There

270CC52A-26AC-4F09-A101-662CFFFF013A.jpeg

And please respect the etiquette if you do park here. There are two lanes to get back on to the road, Dundee fans made it a free for all with everyone trying to barge infront of each other and it took a good 45 minutes to get out that day 😂 

I know home results have been very poor but we are still a decent Championship outfit on paper for me after we have rung the changes these last few weeks. I’d love to see big Adarkwa and El Mhanni have a right go and see what happens. A win or even good performance could be a huge confidence boost, a boost we so badly need. 

14 hours ago, Neil86 said:

Only terraced seats left for well fans. Any figures on the tickets sold front in the away end?

Imagine there would’ve only been about 150 seats anyway. Stand holds 850 IIRC and half of that is Arbroath and then over half of the other half is for hospitality (which again is basically home support). 

I hope there’s a decent turn out from us, not on the season book and only one win and a handful of goals that actually mattered to celebrate has not put people off. We have had around 1700 home fans (not including the away support) for most games this season

Gayfield is a great place to watch football when it’s full. 

9F6DC6AB-3DE8-4B66-BB1A-5CC2A01D9B89.jpeg

C5E4193E-678A-4AF8-B504-9D4EBA9AAB17.jpeg

B2D616E6-0406-4F33-81C6-5CBC709C5590.jpeg

72EB5CC0-3637-4DC4-8033-3149AA32D69E.jpeg

It certainly sounds as though it won't be far off, Maybe not a total sell out but enough to feel full and have an atmosphere. Looking forward to the day out, and for some reason the game. Always a good chance to forget about your league woes, sounds as though both sets of fans could do with a huge dose of that.

20 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

It was only terracing available for away fans on Saturday morning. 

How can you tell if it's a terracing or a seat? My tickets don't say anything on them about that (I might be missing something)