Motherwell v County (Stoppable Force v Moveable Object)

16 minutes ago, dezz said:

Feast your eyes on this. 

f**k sake. 

Even if Lamie doesn't think he's winning the header (which he clearly doesn't given he doesn't even challenge) he can at least give White a nudge. Worst case is he gives away a foul which means White doesn't knock it straight into a team mate's path. Don't even get me started on Sol... 

An utter shambles of a defence. Its been said already but how can Hammell look at that and think Blaney could be any worse? 

Did people think that County were due a penalty? It happened in front of me and my gut told me no offence.

For Penney’s shout he got a nudge and that put him off balance, not a penalty but Celtic would have got it.

32 minutes ago, ropy said:

Did people think that County were due a penalty? It happened in front of me and my gut told me no offence.

For Penney’s shout he got a nudge and that put him off balance, not a penalty but Celtic would have got it.

Yeh agree with that, neither was a penalty. Penney's one was infuriating though as he was in a great position.

Same shite from us this week. Can pretty much write the script at this point. Our attacking players are not bad at all, in fact I think they're bordering on decent. But our defence will be what relegates us. They can look comfortable as anything for 85% of the game and then it seems they just completely space out and it has cost us so many goals this season. 

Was a pretty grim watch of a game, very stop start, but will give the players a bit of benefit of the doubt on that one as the conditions were horrendous. 

Signings looked decent enough for me, Crankshaw isn't Shields and Mandron posed a bit of a threat when he came on. Not convinced the McGinn in midfield experiment is the answer, particularly as I noticed a lot of County's threat when they had it came from our right back area. I know Maguire isn't brilliant on the ball, but could he not fill the role of just being a bit of a b*****d in there? Based on us not signing anyone else in that position ofc.

9 hours ago, central staggie said:

That is without doubt, the best ball Callachan has played all season.

I seem to recall us scoring from a very similar Watson ball earlier in the season, or maybe last.  It’s obviously a tactic. 

Went to this game yesterday as a neutral due to being in area for today's SF.

Motherwell put on the most impressive away team display witnessed at Pittodrie this season - but other than the lad McKinstry, look like they've regressed significantly from what is normally one of the most solid reliable sides in the top flight.

We have also squandered four points against County, but their 102 travelling fans would have been happy with this outcome.

Weather was brutal - and even in the relatively cosy POD stand it was a struggle to keep warm. Nipped out to the kiosk just before HT to get a much needed bovril, and 25 minutes later was able to buy a coffee as they had run out of bovril (and all hot food).

Edited by tarapoa