Motherwell v County (Stoppable Force v Moveable Object)

1 hour ago, USSR Tycoon said:

Agree with these changes. Also think 'pass back' Tilson needs a spell on the bench and I'd retain Cancola as holding midfielder. He should never have been substiuted last week!

By 60 minutes Cancola was absolutely burst, not sure if he's had a bug or something but he couldn't track back at all.

2 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

By 60 minutes Cancola was absolutely burst, not sure if he's had a bug or something but he couldn't track back at all.

Yeah I thought that was the case too, he was probably our most productive midfielder despite his terrible miss. The other two, Tillson and Callachan, are dreadful, dreadful footballers.

If only we had a Jackson Irvine or Jamie Lindsay in midfield.. 

3 hours ago, approximately dave said:

Highland derby next season then if we don't go up?

Seems highly likely.

I hope Cove stay up, I've never actually been there for a game.

Edited by forkboy

3 hours ago, Staggie_93 said:

Yeah I thought that was the case too, he was probably our most productive midfielder despite his terrible miss. The other two, Tillson and Callachan, are dreadful, dreadful footballers.

Might have an Alex Lowry!

4 hours ago, Staggie_93 said:

I agree I thought he looked flat out, but he did seem extremely frustrated to be taken off. Whether that was frustration aimed towards the bench or frustration at himself, though, only he knows.

38 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

How much of Johnston have you seen to know he's better than McGinn and O'Donnell?

Maybe just seen enough of McGinn and O'Donnell to know it's worth a punt?

To be fair to them, with a serviceable defence alongside him I think McGinn can be fine, while O'Donnell's in the same boat but with the added disadvantage of lack of game time and sharpness. Both have been poor in their most recent outings though (although I'll concede they're obviously far from alone in that respect). 

I know next to nothing of Johnston's progress, but being pulled back off loan when we have two senior players for his position fit and in the building would suggest that Hammell thinks there's now merit to his inclusion in the first team squad What's the worst that could happen?

Edited by 'WellDel

Looks like we’ve went to a back 3 with Johnson and Penney as wing backs. Interesting that still no Blaney though.

Goss and Spittal must be the meekest central midfield pairing in history if that’s what we’ve went for. McKinstry and the Crank should have some pace on the wings.

The new striker also makes the bench. 

20 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Shields not starting, new faces, options on the bench... this probably only ends one way.

image.thumb.png.f782a816f450512834cf23f0bee7fcf3.png

I can't for the life of me figure out what formation we're playing here. 5-4-1 with Spittal in CM maybe?