Dunfermline vs Peterhead 14/01 15:00

Simply sublime goal by Todd there. Absolute peach. Let’s not fck this up again Pars, Christ. 
Peterhead have no interest at all at trying to score so far. If we don’t win this, we’ll have chucked it again. 

I make this our best home league win since 30th November 2019 when we best Partick 5-1. We had a 4-1 last season (also Partick) and a 4-1 the season before (Raith), but no wins by a four goal margin since the Partick game noted in the first sentence.

Very enjoyable afternoon, we looked dangerous going forward and the subs really enthused us. Never seen a team have as many late or off the ball challenges as Peterhead, probably better reserving that for when you have the ball at your feet.

With a bit more luck could of had another three and I'd like to see the handball again, I thought his hands were by his side. O'Hara grabbing the goal bonus tapping it in after the keeper fumbled.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

I thought it was Mahon, hard to tell though. 

Think O’Hara placed it in before it went over the line. Had a score on 3-0 today. Must have been the only one in the home end to be raging at that goal going in. 

Decent attacking performance from us. Some really good bits of play and some very good goals scores.

For the fourth goal, I thought Mahon fired a ball in, Todorov flicked it goalwards, keeper/defender got there and it was trundling along the line before O’Hara tapped it in. But nobody else seems to have seen it that way.

Magon and KRH looked decent/lively when they came on. Wighton, Mochrie and Todd were excellent today and having the wing backs pushing up, with Hamilton and Chalmers defending the wings worked very well. Few ropey moments in defence in the second half, but never seemed to be in too much trouble.

Peterhead were horrendous. Worst team I’ve seen us play all season.

Peterhead are very, very poor. They are 100% finishing bottom. 
They only looked a threat from set pieces, which most teams do anyway, but Deniz would have been completely baltic this afternoon in that weather. 
Great days work. Everyone played their part. Wee KRH looks a real threat up against a tiring defence. It’s a great headache for McPake to have with all these capable players. If we’re signing anyone this January, it would need to be someone we simply couldn’t say no to, that will (hopefully) be an asset in the Championship as well as helping us to the league title. 

I'm delighted we don't seem to need to strip the squad of the kind of shitey deadwood Falkirk seem to have, then go out and sign better players during the worst window. We have a settled hard working squad that doesn't lack skill by any means. I'm really enjoying seeing this group of players develop. If we keep our noses clean we might be able to get this done with a minimum of fuss.

That was comfortable today, on another day it could have been 7 or 8. The goal disallowed was a weird one, I assume he have a handball, certainly didn’t look like he used his hand. Edwards, Todd & Wighton all missing chances where it looked easier to score, still a nice win and another clean sheet. Have to say I thought KRH was brilliant when he came on, he’s such a classy player. If we go up this year I’d very much like to keep him on loan in the Championship, if we don’t then I’m sure Rangers will have other plans for him.

Has Matty Todd ever scored a tap in? I will eat the biggest slice of humble pie, in fact I’ll eat the whole thing. I recall saying in pre season that we’d need more centre midfielders as we’d win nothing with Chalmers, Todd & Allan as our CM’s. Allan has hardly kicked a ball due to injury but Todd has been unbelievable, I’d be gobsmacked if teams up the pecking order aren’t having a look, he’ll be on the radar I’m sure. Chalmers has definitely improved from last season, I thought he was poor today without doing anything majorly wrong. A bit sloppy with back passes but no harm done. 

Nice to see the bench looking so healthy!