scores 21.1.23

39 minutes ago, Shanner said:

his job is nothing of the sort. the collective lack of discipline of adults is not his responsibility.

He failed in his responsibility of ensuring a football match was carried out as per rule book but he failed and done so miserably. The nearside linesman also confirmed a push on a player but it wasn't a foul due to only being with 1 hand!!! 

The league is riddled with these young inexperienced wee wannabe big shots who make it all about them regards officiating.

I for one minute am not excusing the behaviour of both clubs but any red bloodied male would become frustrated with such a pathetic refereeing performance.

Should the Beith player have ran through the dugout, no. But should the home bench reacted in the way they did, also no. Should the ref have called both managers together, calmed the situation and then blown for full time when play next dictated allowing tempers to defuse, YES.

12 minutes ago, AM-1 said:

He failed in his responsibility of ensuring a football match was carried out as per rule book but he failed and done so miserably. The nearside linesman also confirmed a push on a player but it wasn't a foul due to only being with 1 hand!!! 

The league is riddled with these young inexperienced wee wannabe big shots who make it all about them regards officiating.

I for one minute am not excusing the behaviour of both clubs but any red bloodied male would become frustrated with such a pathetic refereeing performance.

Should the Beith player have ran through the dugout, no. But should the home bench reacted in the way they did, also no. Should the ref have called both managers together, calmed the situation and then blown for full time when play next dictated allowing tempers to defuse, YES.

Calum Haswell has been refereeing for years he's not a young inexperienced referee. 

He's just not very good.

23 minutes ago, IncomingExile said:

Just out of interest, do the paying punters get their money back, or a free ticket to any rescheduled fixture? I'd be a bit fed up if my cash was wasted on a game that didn't officially exist........ 

Totally agree and I want a free sauna/steam room and swim too at the vilkingar as without this phantom football match i wouldnt have indulged in that too.....😆

Ps plus a free pint in sharps......

1 hour ago, AM-1 said:

Fowler, who was getting pelters from the home bench, scores the 3rd in injury time late on and enroute to celebrating runs through the Largs touchline area 

Haha … that’s a cracker … enroute to where ??? The terracing ? … brilliant 

2 hours ago, IncomingExile said:

Just out of interest, do the paying punters get their money back, or a free ticket to any rescheduled fixture? I'd be a bit fed up if my cash was wasted on a game that didn't officially exist........ 

You're on the wind up there right?

3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

If you guys can’t accept the need for strong punishment then thats your problem, id suggest anger management and a week in a zen buddhist camp as punishment for all involved along with a lifetime ban. Also its not junior football. 

Gosh ICR, with all this horrid weather it’s taken almost four weeks to use the new fishing rod that you got for Xmas 🎣

12 hours ago, mike strutter said:

Haha … that’s a cracker … enroute to where ??? The terracing ? … brilliant 

Enroute to Armageddon by the way some people have described the events. I don’t blame the ref for walking away, over 40 grown men, shouting, screaming, pushing and shoving, what did you want him to do? 

19 hours ago, AM-1 said:

Right let's summarise the Largs v Beith game.

From the off the ref confirms he is well out his depth letting 2 horrendous plus his assistants aswell, one of whom I know of from days of old and cannot believe is at this standard of officiating...anyway

Fowler, who was getting pelters from the home bench, scores the 3rd in injury time late on and enroute to celebrating runs through the Largs touchline area barging past Arnie and his mouthpiece assistant/clipboard operator who was an embaressment the whole game.

It then kicks off, verbals and handbags with the young assistant ref calling over the ref with hands out red cards to Strain and Arnie. What followed was chaos, both touchline getting involved with all the players inamongst it. The ref shat it basically and abandoned the game.

Special mention to the Largs #11 who couldn't hit a coos arse with a tennis racket the the whole game yet was quick enough to get involved in the malee & the numerous hold me back routines by players and staff during the rammy.

The ref made a rod for his own back the entire game by letting bad fouls pass by without cards. How Largs ended the first half with 11 players was miracle. If he stamped some form of authority on the game then tensions wouldn't have boiled over to the level they got. He was by far the worst ref I have ever ever witnessed at any level. 

Largs v Beith from where I stand.

The game is into time added on and Largs are pushing for an equaliser.  Beith number 9 breaks clear and scores to make it 3-1 to Beith. He then runs over to Largs bench and there are word exchanged. The teams then form up for the restart and the referee calls the Beith number 9 over and books him.

The game is ready to go again when the Beith manager Strain starts shouting and wanting to fight, not sure who with. He is being restained by the Beith coaching staff and the referee runs over and gives him a red card.

As he is lead away by the Beith coaching staff he starts shouting at the Largs manager Davidson and it gets out of control from there with the referee and his two assistants standing in the centre circle.

Things start to calm down the referee blows his whistle and as everybody makes their way off the field, at that point he red cards the Largs manager.

My first thoughts were that the referee had blown for full-time but as we leave the ground it is confirmed that he has abandoned the game.

Let’s be clear the game would have finished soon after the restart and it’s not the referees fault Strain lost the plot. 

10 minutes ago, Between the Dugouts said:

The game is into time added on and Largs are pushing for an equaliser.  Beith number 9 breaks clear and scores to make it 3-1 to Beith. He then runs over to Largs bench and there are word exchanged. The teams then form up for the restart and the referee calls the Beith number 9 over and books him.

The game is ready to go again when the Beith manager Strain starts shouting and wanting to fight, not sure who with. He is being restained by the Beith coaching staff and the referee runs over and gives him a red card.

As he is lead away by the Beith coaching staff he starts shouting at the Largs manager Davidson and it gets out of control from there with the referee and his two assistants standing in the centre circle.

Things start to calm down the referee blows his whistle and as everybody makes their way off the field, at that point he red cards the Largs manager.

My first thoughts were that the referee had blown for full-time but as we leave the ground it is confirmed that he has abandoned the game.

Let’s be clear the game would have finished soon after the restart and it’s not the referees fault Strain lost the plot. 

For clarity, is this Chris Strain ex Buffs guy?

1 hour ago, Between the Dugouts said:

That’s not very accurate both managers were red carded at the same time Davidson then Strain plenty of verbals but to blame one person for the incident is wrong and not an accurate account .