The P45 showdown. Hibs v Aberdeen.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

I'm usually the first to have a go at the bbc but there's nothing wrong with that article. 

15 minutes ago, bennett said:

Lee Majors to sort things out?

The egg chaser telling football chairmen how to run there clubs is the ironic part zippy but we can rebuild him.

13 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Very tempted to come over and watch this tomorrow, can you buy a ticket at the ground up until kickoff?

Usually right before a non category A match, it's the back window of the ticket office that sells tickets.

But don't get your expectations up today. The level of football on display will be somewhat poorer than the fare you Lowland League supporters are used to.

I was safe in the knowledge that I was going out in the hills today and didn't have to watch this. Then both the wee ones started throwing up yesterday which kept me up half the night. Now I'm stuck at home and I'm going to feel obliged to watch the game. What a dreadful 24 hours.

Disappointed that I'll have to be watching County vs. Killie through my fingers at the same time as this game is on. I'll have it on in the background thanks to Bet365, but will only be able to give it my full attention when the boos ring out loud and clear. I only hope it lives down to its billing, with numerous defensive errors and comedic tactical tweaks throughout the game by each of the two fine managers.

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

Usually right before a non category A match, it's the back window of the ticket office that sells tickets.

But don't get your expectations up today. The level of football on display will be somewhat poorer than the fare you Lowland League supporters are used to.

Bought my tickets online, I'm sure I paid more when we played Hibs back in our championship days.

On the train now, with cans, nice day for it, hoping for heads gone all round TBH 

20 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

The only thing about the article I don’t like is at the start where there’s a bit of an implication (maybe my interpretation) that the fact hibs and Aberdeen are garbage at football discredits the idea put forward by cormack and Gordon that Scottish football is stuck in the dark ages. 

Not to say I agree with everything they want to do but there’s an element of ‘get this progress rubbish in the bin until Aberdeen win some games!’ About it. 

I do think there's a legitimacy to that angle though.

The posturing did have a self serving element to it and I'm not convinced that much of it really was about the greater good of the wider game.

They had a voice due to the stature of their clubs, so when the clubs are toiling, that voice is diminished a bit, and there's further scope for mockery.

Saying so looks ok to me.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

15 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I do think there's a legitimacy to that angle though.

The posturing did have a self serving element to it and I'm not convinced that much of it really was about the greater good of the wider game.

They had a voice due to the stature of their c!ubs, so when the clubs are toiling, that voice is diminished a bit, and there's further scope for mockery.

Saying so looks ok to me.

I don’t see the relevance tbh. 

Off the pitch is where cormack has actually done some good things. He’s put in a lot of things that fans want and has made pittodrie more enjoyable. The red shed, the trial of fan zones and the statue for sir Alex and the events around that are things that are really positive. 

The fact he doesn’t know shit about how to run the day to day football operation doesn’t mean he doesn’t have something to say on the commercial side. To conflate the performance on the pitch with his views on it is in itself an example of new ideas being treated with suspicion. 

Im not endorsing all of their ideas btw, I just don’t think it’s right to shut it down over irrelevant things.