The P45 showdown. Hibs v Aberdeen.

25 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

😀

Hearts are flying and Hibs and Aberdeen are floundering. Hearts fans take the piss, Hibs and Aberdeen fans take the petted lip and amazingly agree that Hearts fans are bellends.

f**k me, whodhavethunk it. 😀

It's fitba. We all have times when we get to dish it out and we all have times when we need to take it on the chin. Claims that gloating fans are embarrassing themselves are just a defence mechanism for those with absolutely nothing left, and the joyous, stone-cold fact that Hearts have reamed these two 'teams' 11-0 in recent weeks means this is all they have left.

Great thread. 😎

You don't have to be a fan of either Aberdeen or Hibs to think that certain Hearts fans have behaved like tedious, unfunny arseholes on what had been an entertaining thread.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Agreed.

He obviously totally needed sacked and it should have happened at the start of last week.

However, on a human level, the poor sod entered yesterday knowing it was going to be an incredibly stressful day.  We've all felt that way at work, but we're not usually on the brink of being sacked, and it's not usually in any kind of public glare.

His day must have begun nervously, and then proceeded to go more wrong than he could have possibly feared.

It definitely had comical elements, but it's possible to both think his fate was fully deserved and to feel a degree of sympathy.

I agree with this. I thought he'd looked out his depth for months and that the cracks were being papered over by a few breaks that had gone Aberdeen's way. Said on here when they were third that he'd be gone by the summer, so the pace of it surprised me, but not the collapse.

That said, I've nothing against the guy, and failing so publicly must be a horrible thing. His Saturday must have been awful from the moment he got up. Like you say, we've all had those days at work. That said, my days like that at work don't usually result in a massive pay-off that sets my family up, so my sympathy is tempered somewhat.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You don't have to be a fan of either Aberdeen or Hibs to think that certain Hearts fans have behaved like tedious, unfunny arseholes on what had been an entertaining thread.

That's fitba. We've seen the exact same behaviour on Hearts threads from fans of the clubs involved in this match.

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

That's fitba. We've seen the exact same behaviour on Hearts threads from fans of the clubs involved in this match.

Piss taking is the life blood of this place and there are numerous tremendous examples of it.

That's not what's being criticised on here though.

46 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

😀

Hearts are flying and Hibs and Aberdeen are floundering. Hearts fans take the piss, Hibs and Aberdeen fans take the petted lip and amazingly agree that Hearts fans are bellends.

It's fitba. We all have times when we get to dish it out and we all have times when we need to take it on the chin. Claims that gloating fans are embarrassing themselves are just a defence mechanism for those with absolutely nothing left, and the joyous, stone-cold fact that Hearts have reamed these two 'teams' 11-0 in recent weeks means this is all they have left.

Great thread. 😎

I think the general facepalmery on the thread has less to do with the winding-up and more to do with the gormless manner in which some Hearts fans revel. Devoid of wit, lacking in irony. 

For every Vincent Guerin or Topcat, there are three Paulo Sergios. 

3 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

I think the general facepalmery on the thread has less to do with the winding-up and more to do with the gormless manner in which some Hearts fans revel. Devoid of wit, lacking in irony. 

For every Vincent Guerin or Topcat, there are three Paulo Sergios. 

There

1 hour ago, RawB93 said:

Why, 24hrs later, are you still doing this to yourself?

Explain. Someone suggested that myself and two other posters were incels, over a bit of football banter. 

Now THAT is oddball behaviour, and sticking up for it is almost as bad.

Some things are bigger than football, and I would suggest people who call each other names like that are total scum.

We all have different standards though, I suppose. 

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

😀

Great thread. 😎

It is bizarre, mate. Proper weirdo behaviour. A forum built on football banter but some just can not take what they dish out. Instead after getting a bit of a slagging, they resort to calling people “incels”. Genuine weirdo stuff.

Just now, The Other Foot said:

HEADS GONE INCOMING!!!!!!! 😃

Your heid is in another postcode. Anyone that gets so upset at getting slagged on a football forum that they start calling people incels is about as heid gone as it is possible to be. Proper weirdo stuff.

Think Goodwin will get another job at a decent level. He hasn't become a bad manager all of a sudden and although a bit of a mixed bag at Saints, was definitely more good than bad. He'll get back into football at a level or club where his defensive mindset and mentality is better received.

Having watched the highlights just now for the first time though, his players are absolutely fucking pathetic. Its not total incompetence because clearly there is abilty there on paper but they had so obviously chucked it. 

I've sat through enough squads of total fucking wasters in the last 30 years of supporting St. Mirren to know that when you have that 'f**k it' mentality in a dressing room, it translates very obviously onto the park and management can't make much of a difference.

Prime example, Ross McCrorie at Hibs first goal yesterday. What the actual f**k is he doing?! He's milling about at right back letting all sorts of shenanigans go on around him. 10 mins into a match at 0-0 and is definitely not interested. You can't vouch as a manager for that level of shite attitude and it showed throughout the team yesterday.  Bad tactics are one thing and he should have fallen on his sword 100% but several of the players have stinking attitudes ripping out of them.

The indignance of the post match goings on as well do not paint Aberdeen or Cormack in anything like a good light to any prospective new managers. Goodwin most certainly should have been called in no Monday and dismissed. Allowing a situation where that shot of him cutting a forlorn figure walking across the turf and out a side door is absolutely tinpot stuff from Aberdeen.