Their Brains Have Turned To Porridge!

34 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Ladies and gentlemen, Liz Truss. 

Remember when deposed PMs used to just f**k off and be done with it? 

20230205_090639.jpg

I like that he has had to "return". Did we at any point stop paying her an exorbitant salary for someone with less political and economic acuity than a lettuce?

On 03/02/2023 at 10:25, ICTChris said:

Often wonder what happened with the podcast that James English recorded with international drug trafficker and major organised crime figure Daniel Kinahan.  It would be genuinely fascinating to listen to, doubt it'll ever see the light of day. 

Quite a few people involved with boxing have had issues following their association with Kinahan - for example, the world heavyweight champion Tyson Fury can't get a US visa at the moment as he was previously 'advised' by Kinahan and attended his wedding.  Rumours are that Scotland's current top boxer Josh Taylor is the same.  Given James English happily gave a multiple murderer a platform to promote himself, I wonder if he's on a US list.

You don’t know if you’re on the list until you apply for a visa. Taylor was at the recent Eubank fight with a major MTK figure.

Interesting that Stuart Campbell is often mentioned in this thread. 

Someone who's bonkers shit on the internet goes way before social media and his "Wings" days.

His "greatest hit" had to be the claim that the victims of Hillsborough "deserved it" as they should have just "braced themself" like he managed to do at a music gig he attended by an 80s post punk group like New Order where you wouldn't exactly expect a mosh pit...

Worth searching out.

8 minutes ago, Big Gus said:

Interesting that Stuart Campbell is often mentioned in this thread. 

Someone who's bonkers shit on the internet goes way before social media and his "Wings" days.

His "greatest hit" had to be the claim that the victims of Hillsborough "deserved it" as they should have just "braced themself" like he managed to do at a music gig he attended by an 80s post punk group like New Order where you wouldn't exactly expect a mosh pit...

Worth searching out.

Back in the day, plenty of people posted similar views on Hillsborough on this very forum.

I have literally never met anyone who has ever said anything like that about Hillsborough in real life but for a certain type of poster, a certain age and disposition perhaps, it was almost received wisdom. The thread for the recent Champions League final where there were crowd management issues with Liverpool featured plenty of posters on here saying that it eas all bullshit, it was all Liverpool fans fault, same old Scousers. Not much said subsequently when reports into the matter blamed the trouble entirely on the French authorities. 🤷‍♂️ 

Mark Steyn has left GB News as they wanted to make him personally liable for any Ofcom fines he incurred due to his anti-vax bullshit.

I wonder if this will impact Neil Oliver and his increasingly weird ideas.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Mark Steyn has left GB News as they wanted to make him personally liable for any Ofcom fines he incurred due to his anti-vax bullshit.

I wonder if this will impact Neil Oliver and his increasingly weird ideas.

The Great Divorcio is taking it well and wants to challenge ‘the head of OFCOM’ to ‘debate’. Wonder if he’s about to get his balls felt for the first time since Billie did a bunk?

ETA - cheers to the Twitter algorithm for punting this shite at me when I only really joined to follow a few mates, a couple of breweries and the Tim Burgess Listening Party. 

Edited by carpetmonster

4 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Author and wife of David Gilmour Polly Samson giving it both barrels against the increasingly porridge brained Roger Waters - 

Seen a tweet from Waters earlier saying he was “consulting his lawyers” or words to that effect, in relation to her. Had no idea who she was or what it was about.