£31 v £30 Rangers v St Johnstone

3 minutes ago, S7C said:

So it’s ok to claim that the “Old Firm” have the referees in their favour and not be labelled delusional, but not to claim that one side in particular seemingly gets the bulk of said controversial decisions?

Yes because it's not true. You are delusional. 

Plenty to be encouraged about from our performance here considering how much has went against us. Phillips and MacPherson deserve the chance to make middle of the park their own over the next few games. 

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Amazing with this massive conspiracy you managed to win a quadruple treble, eh?

I really don’t see the relevance, nor did I call it a conspiracy. I called out the lazy “Old Firm” trope and you spat the dummy out because you don’t like it.

1 minute ago, Raidernation said:

So, basically, you condone cheating on behalf of your team and your bigots-in-law?

You really are as thick as you come across in your posts if you really think that’s what I was suggesting.

Just now, S7C said:

I really don’t see the relevance, nor did I call it a conspiracy. I called out the lazy “Old Firm” trope and you spat the dummy out because you don’t like it.

Yet there’s nothing lazy about it. Sure you don’t think Celtic get away with as much as Rangers that’s your prerogative. Yet history shows that Celtic do benefit from a lot more decisions than other teams and have done for many years. Leaving Rangers aside, you can’t debate this. 

3 minutes ago, S7C said:

You really are as thick as you come across in your posts if you really think that’s what I was suggesting.

It exactly IS what you were suggesting, unless you're even thicker than me or mashed neeps?

ETA: But you're that thick you can't even see that.

Edited by Raidernation

2 minutes ago, Widge said:

Yet there’s nothing lazy about it. Sure you don’t think Celtic get away with as much as Rangers that’s your prerogative. Yet history shows that Celtic do benefit from a lot more decisions than other teams and have done for many years. Leaving Rangers aside, you can’t debate this. 

It absolutely is lazy to involve Celtic in discussions about three awful decisions in a game they weren’t even involved in. It happens going on every game involving controversy and the Old Firm label gets trotted out instead of calling it out for it has been.

I think Celtic do benefit from the crowd at Celtic Park and the pressure on referees.

But the penalty differential for the last 5 seasons is something like +35 to the nearest club at +9. You can debate the reasons for it all day, but that is a significant difference, whether people like it or not. 

1 minute ago, S7C said:

It absolutely is lazy to involve Celtic in discussions about three awful decisions in a game they weren’t even involved in. It happens going on every game involving controversy and the Old Firm label gets trotted out instead of calling it out for it has been.

I think Celtic do benefit from the crowd at Celtic Park and the pressure on referees.

But the penalty differential for the last 5 seasons is something like +35 to the nearest club at +9. You can debate the reasons for it all day, but that is a significant difference, whether people like it or not. 

Goin just f**k off please, thanks.

Pish game all round to be fair. Good to see Cantwell and Hagi get minutes but not much else to get excited about.

Don’t think either Clark or Jack were reds. Handball seemed to clearly hit him but couldn’t see how close it was after deflecting towards him.

Phillips looks a very good player for St Johnstone on that showing.

5 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Goin just f**k off please, thanks.

I’ve got a flight to catch as I’m off to Malaysia and Thailand for 2 weeks, so I’ll gladly f**k off.

Have a great weekend. I apologise if my posts caused anyone any trauma - those pesky Old Firm supporters at it again.

10 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Not too hard, they'll be available on 20 Minute ****, A Celtic State of Mind, The Grand Auld Podcast, The Huddle Breakdown, places like that.

I had seen them posted awhile back, somewhere on here I think.

It was talking about since the inception of VAR how many decisions were overturned etc.

Every game Celtic has played has resulted in something being overturned.

The main issue is the rank incompetence, yes, Celtic get decisions they really shouldn’t, we also have decisions against us that shouldn’t have happened.

This happens to all teams, but today definitely showed that Rangers appear to benefit the most from the honest mistakes.

No idea how Jack didn’t give away a penalty. It’s miles in the box and he books him…

Edit: I’m informed it wasn’t in the Rangers box so I take that back 

Should be a red.

Edited by stressball

18 minutes ago, stressball said:

Every game Celtic has played has resulted in something being overturned.

Doesn’t that mean that pre-VAR Celtic were getting away with these decisions that are now being overturned?