Sellick v St. Mirren

Arch Stanton

Just now, Torfason said:

Disappointed in you, you should know better than to believe the media when it involves one of the cheeks.

You’re better than this.

Again, if Celtic fans criticise the media it’s paranoia or hysteria (I think it often is fwiw), but you lot do it’s suddenly acceptable.

Laughably hypocritical, but I guess it’s easier to circle jerk and dole out a few minuses than actually make a half decent point.

Just now, S7C said:

Again, if Celtic fans criticise the media it’s paranoia or hysteria (I think it often is fwiw), but you lot do it’s suddenly acceptable.

Laughably hypocritical, but I guess it’s easier to circle jerk and dole out a few minuses than actually make a half decent point.

You made it home from the game really quickly.....

As much as you can take any positives from a 5-1, I think we can take some there. Game on at 1-0 and we are playing okay, and then pen red card and game over.

After that doesn’t matter if it’s 2-0 or 10-0, it was over. 
Always next year. 

1 minute ago, S7C said:

So you don't think a dodgy sending of changed the whole pattern of the game 

I Give Up GIF

6 minutes ago, S7C said:

The only time I see your team get questionable decisions against them is when you play Sevco.

The rest of the league get to try and compete against 2 teams who financially dwarf them, get the rub of the green for decisions and still have the audacity to complain when a very rare decision goes against them.

It really can’t be a coincidence that every team in the league feels this way.

Thought we were pretty poor in first half with the exception of Maeda who was everywhere it seems. 

The away fans made good noise for the full game despite the result however let themselves down a little with their choice of song around the 80th minute. 

Not seen the handball yet however the time it took to make any decision was silly however it was clearly the turning point for the match as St Mirren we’re pretty organised till that point 

Edited by Jinky67

15 minutes ago, Torfason said:

The only time I see your team get questionable decisions against them is when you play Sevco.

The rest of the league get to try and compete against 2 teams who financially dwarf them, get the rub of the green for decisions and still have the audacity to complain when a very rare decision goes against them.

It really can’t be a coincidence that every team in the league feels this way.

I don’t expect you to watch every Celtic game however the handball against ORiley against Ross County is a fucking minter as one example

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Thought we were pretty poor in first half with the exception of Maeda who was everywhere it seems. 

The away fans made good noise for the full game despite the result however let themselves down a little with their choice of song around the 80th minute. 

Not seen the handball yet however the time it took to make any decision was silly however it was clearly the turning point for the match as St Mirren we’re pretty organised till that point 

For me it’s worrying that the majority of Celtic fans on social media think Celtic played poorly yet still beat the 6th best team in Scotland (and deservedly so) 5-1 conceding only 2 shots on target.

I can’t see anyone laying a glove on Celtic domestically for a long, long time.

11 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Hold on. Hold the f**k on. Please tell me you did not, as a Celtic fan, just pull up an away support, that is not rangers, about songs they are singing. Got to be a typo. If not, thoughts and prayers to you and the family.

8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

For me it’s worrying that the majority of Celtic fans on social media think Celtic played poorly yet still beat the 6th best team in Scotland (and deservedly so) 5-1 conceding only 2 shots on target.

Bit silly not to acknowledge the impact the penalty and red card had in that score

2 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Hold on. Hold the f**k on. Please tell me you did not, as a Celtic fan, just pull up an away support, that is not rangers, about songs they are singing. Got to be a typo. If not, thoughts and prayers to you and the family.

I thought their support were great but just not for that minute where a small number of the ultra crew decided to sing about something that really shouldn’t be leveraged imo but I can do that as I’m also pretty critical about our fans choice of songbook especially at away games.

8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Up until the sending off, at 1-0  we were still in the game. Carson hadn't really been particularly troubled.

The reason they "played poorly" was due to our pressing game. It unsettled them when we beat them earlier in the season and it did again tonight.

It will be interesting to see how we fare in our next home game against them.

Just now, FTOF said:

Up until the sending off, at 1-0  we were still in the game. Carson hadn't really been particularly troubled.

The reason they "played poorly" was due to our pressing game. It unsettled them when we beat them earlier in the season and it did again tonight.

It will be interesting to see how we fare in our next home game against them.

Pretty fair assessment imo. We weren’t given the time normally afforded to us at home. St Mirren also didn’t change how they played going 1-0 down, trusted the system and were in the game. It was by all means a frustrating watch until the pen