Dundee United v Kilmarnock

Andy_K_97

Just now, Derry Alli said:

He seems a good signing.

Not at the game so can’t add much, but when we signed him I noticed Huddersfield fans saying he’d played for them in the cup and had to be hooked before half time to save him from a red card. Another banter signing.

Hope you win the cup, Killie.

United were very, very, very poor.

Some fans will hold on to the 'fact' the bar was hit twice, or the referee was pish, but I think if Kilmarnock had been more organised we'd have been slaughtered today.

For me, a waste of time going to the game, but it'll be a great trip back to Ayrshire for the Kilmarnock fans. I'm not sure if you'll be home yet but enjoy the day.

I suppose I was fairly neutral albeit I was sitting in the George Fox Stand 

The first half was rather reminiscent of the East of Scotland League Newburgh v Edinburgh United game I went to last week with the ball getting battered up and down the park. In fact you could almost say the only difference is that today's match featured players who are full time and much, much fitter but in terms of actual ball skills.... Well, is it really so hard to pass to a team mate without making a pig's ear of things?

Killie were the better team certainly- comfortable and fairly solid. The goal was a bad one to lose from an Arabs point of view- you'd think someone might have thought a big man in the box would be a danger at corners.

When Ayina got the first yellow card I thought to myself that Fox might care to replace him at half time as there was the danger of a second yellow. And so it transpired and a second card was merited although the tackle seemed more a clumsy foul that a young defender makes than anything nasty. 

As I don't watch much Premiership matches is it common for top flight teams these days to try neat little tippy tappy passes that ultimately go nowhere? It's just that I've seen a couple of ineffectual Hibs performances this season and some of United's play seem rather familiar.

Oh, and the scoreboard seemed to be buggered for ten minutes after Killie scored! 

Thoroughly enjoyed the day out, and delighted to be in the hat for tomorrow. Cheers to the guys for the recommendations for pubs - unfortunately, our bus left late but we managed to get in a couple of minutes after kick-off so missed very little. The first half was poor and we were marginally better, and I'd say the same of the second half. Delighted for big Vassell to get his first goal, although we looked like we were shutting up shop as soon as we scored in true McInnes style. I'm not quite sure what's happening at United these days, but to me it looked as if their players had chucked it as a few weeks ago I was thinking that Fox had managed to find a sweet spot and improve their team. Rarely have I seen such bad shooting - and I've seen some bad Killie teams who have really struggled down the years, before anyone says anything - in a Premiership team. Edged it, enjoyed the day out and the pie was decent too. Hope United can sort out the off the field stuff soon - it's not fun when you can't enjoy going to see your team because of boardroom issues. 

Onwards.

Forgot to point this out in my post yesterday - the most underrated moment of the whole game which I only picked up on watching the highlights was when Vassell and Armstrong were celebrating the goal, the wee ball girl in front of the George Fox was screwing her face up and making a big thumbs down gesture at them to voice her displeasure. Please give us more of this wonderful pettiness because Scottish football is worse off without it.