Airdrieonians vs Dunfermline

24 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Desperately poor from us today. We were incredibly disappointing today, yet again at home. Total garbage mostly.

I'm really displeased with that today.

Folk were saying last week that those sort of results win you leagues. Well today's sort of performances and results cost you leagues.

The squad need a massive kick up the arse alert that pish today.

Simply not good enough.

Needs more todays

Yet again the red card gods save Dunfermline. Tbh I genuinely see Falkirk catching them. If we'd been at it today I've been 3 or 4 again in the first half. No arguments with penalty and red card. Just glad we didn't fold this time. If only we'd done same last weekend eh. ♦️

7 minutes ago, DiamondT said:

Yet again the red card gods save Dunfermline. Tbh I genuinely see Falkirk catching them. If we'd been at it today I've been 3 or 4 again in the first half. No arguments with penalty and red card. Just glad we didn't fold this time. If only we'd done same last weekend eh. ♦️

Yeah the 82nd minute red card really swung the game, guaranteed Airdrie 3 points before that. 

6 minutes ago, DiamondT said:

You know it was 1-1 before the red card, and we were on top by that point? Honestly, Airdrie fans like to make up some nonsense. The red card didn’t benefit us at all and actually hinders our title bid. 

Much like the game in September, Airdrie started well and by far the better team in the first half. We were much improved in the second but a draw a fair result. Hopefully Airdrie do us a turn next week.

Exactly the same ending as the game in September, chucked the kitchen sink at it, hit the post, missed penalty is criminal but overall a point a fair result. 

Spotted Sam Fisher outside East End at full time. Would love to have him with us next season. 

28 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I’d have accepted that after an hour. But you’ve played us 3 times, got a total of 0 wins. Thrown away a 3 goal lead to us last week and were lucky to get a point in the end today. We may be pish. But at least we’re not as pish as Airdrie!

24 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Yet you get 1 point out of 6 against us in a double header. 

Agree we're not great but what does that say about your zombie club pish

21 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Airdrie are fuckin Clydebank

Fucking hell lads. Didn’t expect anything from that😂

Josh Rae had another very good game today, I thought. But that’s 2 weeks in a row he picked up a stupid first booking, then made a big error that should have been a second yellow last week and got one this week.

Genuine question, is he that reckless every week? No doubting his ability, but he can’t be risking red cards every week.

11 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

If it had been a boxing match it would have been stopped in favour of Airdrie over the 2games,

This patter is fucking brutal. We should have won today. No matter how pish we were, we still missed a penalty and created just about the same amount as Airdrie, chance-wise. What does that say about how shit Airdrie must be? 

When I realised it was Hutton coming on, I knew Beni was missing that. He has scored a lot in a row, so really was due to miss one. Take the point and move on. 

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Draw probably fair on the balance of play. But that’s 2 points dropped. We should have won that.

Once again, Airdrie the better team for the first hour or so. McCann and Todorov completely changed the game and Airdrie couldn’t cope with them.

Once we equalised, we should have gone onto win. Keeper getting sent off should have sealed that. Not sure what the defender was doing trying to play it back like that. Good awareness from Wighton to run into the ball though. Not much keeper could have done, but an obvious second booking. Then Benedictus hits a penalty that’s the ideal height/placement for a keeper. It’s David Hutton, put it in a corner and he can’t get there. He nearly spilled two other harmless shots into his net. Falkirk will cruise to victory next week against him.

That referee was horrendous. Understood the frustration from both benches/sets of fans. Missed glaringly obvious things and gave lots of fouls/throw ins for the wrong team. It’s never a good sign when both benches have coaches carded for abusing him. He looked young/inexperienced. Hopefully he’s not back at this level until he’s ready.

Always been good for us in league 1 and it's his first league appearance this season tbf.

Anyway as we now only have 1 fit keeper i believe we are eligible for an emergency loan so we'll probably get Murray johnson back in for next week's game.

16 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Josh Rae had another very good game today, I thought. But that’s 2 weeks in a row he picked up a stupid first booking, then made a big error that should have been a second yellow last week and got one this week.

Genuine question, is he that reckless every week? No doubting his ability, but he can’t be risking red cards every week.

Nah these games have been the first time he’s not looked composed. To be fair, I’ll take his recklessness and daft yellows over Dean Lyness who quite literally chucked one in every second game. 

7 minutes ago, Diamonds02 said:

Always been good for us in league 1 and it's his first league appearance this season tbf.

Anyway as we now only have 1 fit keeper i believe we are eligible for an emergency loan so we'll probably get Murray johnson back in for next week's game.

I think Johnson is now Hibs second choice, so doubt he’ll be available unfortunately. Some other young keeper from a Premiership team seems more likely. As much as I enjoyed Hutton’s antics today, my heart rate noticeably went up when I saw how stiff he looked getting across the pitch when he came on and I’m not sure I can handle a full 90 minutes of him. Fair play to him though, what a moment.

18 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

This patter is fucking brutal. We should have won today. No matter how pish we were, we still missed a penalty and created just about the same amount as Airdrie, chance-wise. What does that say about how shit Airdrie must be? 

When I realised it was Hutton coming on, I knew Beni was missing that. He has scored a lot in a row, so really was due to miss one. Take the point and move on. 

Are you ok? You seem to quite rattled by little Airdrie. Relax. You are still top of the league. Enjoy your night

23 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

He’d scored one in a row. He’s now missed 2 of his last 3. Having said that, for some reason I just had a feeling he wasn’t scoring. The long delay, he didn’t look as confident as usual and Hutton probably feels he has something to prove at East End, since he’s regarded as one of our worst keepers in recent times.

All in I thought a draw was probably fair. That’s now three games between us and on balance there’s probably not been too much between the teams. It makes it all the more frustrating that our flaws mean we’re (deservedly) well behind Dunfermline in the table. 

After criticism last week, McCabe deserves credit for changing the shape today and putting out a team which were clearly the better team in the first half. Dunfermline had a few moments where they looked dangerous but I felt Airdrie had the best chances and deserved the 1-0 lead at half time. 

The second half was pretty similar, even with Dunfermline reverting to a back three, until Todorov and McCann came on. We seem a bit fearful of Todorov in particular and his height and presence caused us a few issues. We struggled to get out our half at times in the last 30 minutes but just about managed to do what we had to to keep it level. It certainly looked like a deserved penalty and while I had my doubts about Hutton (we both said “there’s no chance he’s saving this” as he slowly made his way towards the goal but fair play to him. It feels a bit like a win due to the penalty save which is nice, as I think I’d have been more gutted if we’d lost to a late goal today than I was last week, which felt like it was coming for ages. 

A good game, a point more than I expected and a bridie, can’t complain too much with that.

6 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

4 points from 6 is exactly what I thought we'd get. Airdrie are a very decent side and with Rae in goals I would've fancied their chances of getting a point next week. Not now

We've played them 12 times since they got relegated and they've only beat us once (mostly hutton in goals for those games as well). We also beat them 4-0 at home earlier this season so i would be very disappointed if we only got a point.