Cove Rangers vs Arbroath

To use a cliche, an absolute 6 pointer here. Lose and I feel we are absolutely doomed, win and we are right on Cove's tails. 

Gaston

Banks

Little

O'Brien

Hamilton

Balde

Hetherington

Stewart

McKenna

Linn/El-Mhannie

Adarkwa

Go up there and have a go at them.

30 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

To use a cliche, an absolute 6 pointer here. Lose and I feel we are absolutely doomed, win and we are right on Cove's tails. 

Gaston

Banks

Little

O'Brien

Hamilton

Balde

Hetherington

Stewart

McKenna

Linn/El-Mhannie

Adarkwa

Go up there and have a go at them.

Yeah we absolutely cannot get beat. I cannot believe Cove went and beat Partick last weekend that really put a spanner in the works from our POV. I think Raith at home was not too bad from us I just think we never made the most of the hurricane at our backs and needed more than one goal to take anything from it. 

I would drop Olusanya for Bobby or El Mhanni too. I can’t see him dropping Bitsindou either. 

We absolutely can win this and we need to turn up and treat it like a cup final. I’m hoping we take a large away support up, I don’t see why we wouldn’t. 3 busses confirmed already and there’ll be plenty on train and driving. Let’s fucking go and do this 

I genuinely believe that if we win we will stay in this division, that’s how big it is 

The players need to be absolutely up for this, hopefully as much as the support will be. A large and vocal travelling support should hopefully spur them on. 

They’ve let us down to many times this season, but all will be forgotten if we come back down the road with 3 crucial points 

31 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

The players need to be absolutely up for this, hopefully as much as the support will be. A large and vocal travelling support should hopefully spur them on. 

They’ve let us down to many times this season, but all will be forgotten if we come back down the road with 3 crucial points 

Over 1000 according to the club idiot. 

5 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

I’d like to think that Hetherington would improve our midfield but yet to see the evidence on the park based on his limited game time. Are folk suggesting his inclusion based on previous form?

Every other new signing has been chucked in at some point, and he's definitely not an impact sub. Bitsindou is absolutely awful imo and should only be used as Centre half cover.

37 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

I’d like to think that Hetherington would improve our midfield but yet to see the evidence on the park based on his limited game time. Are folk suggesting his inclusion based on previous form?

Aye for me he’s a better footballer than Bitsindou. Thought Hetherington right up there with the best PT midfielders for years at Alloa and big Bitsindou is so hit or miss it’s scary. He’s either very decent or looks completely lost

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Don't think Bitsindou has performed well enough in recent games to earn a place in the starting 11.

Also, can't be too long before Dyan Tait and Scott Allan return from their injuries.

Hoping we play all the players in their best positions, the time for experiments and 3 player substitutions are over.

Going to be a great atmosphere at this match with plenty of Arbroath fans there to give the game a cup tie feeling.

I feel this will be the game that big Paul Komolafe arrives 🇱🇻⚽🔥 Watch this space, If we can keep it tight at the back and pack the midfield we now have enough pace, power and creativity going forward to really hurt Cove and I don’t think they will be able to cope with Big Sean, Toyosi or the Big Nigerian, With plenty of options now on the bench and more strength in depth and a big away support roaring us on I can see us taking all 3 points 🤩

Cove 1 The Red Lichties 3

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

Can’t be any talk of “a point’s ok” etc.

This is a 100% must win. If we can’t beat Cove, especially considering their current form, then things get very very difficult.

A point away to Accies wouldn’t be the end of the world but this has to be 3 points.

Edited by Tattie36

13 hours ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

I feel this will be the game that big Paul Komolafe arrives 🇱🇻⚽🔥 Watch this space, If we can keep it tight at the back and pack the midfield we now have enough pace, power and creativity going forward to really hurt Cove and I don’t think they will be able to cope with Big Sean, Toyosi or the Big Nigerian, With plenty of options now on the bench and more strength in depth and a big away support roaring us on I can see us taking all 3 points 🤩

Cove 1 The Red Lichties 3

Hahaha. Komolafe looked fast, strong and hopeless in his few minutes so far. Olusanya has already proven he’s hopeless. 

get Yasin and Stewart on the wings. Komolafe and Olusanya only to be deployed - definitely after Bobby - if we’re losing with 20 minutes to go. 

Don’t think it’s a must win we are still to play them at Gayfield and they’ve got 8 very tough games in between that, getting beat would be a massive blow though. Football changes very quickly we could go and beat them and then get beat next week and they win and we’re back to square one. Or we could draw this one win next week and then we are where we would’ve been after not winning the must win match. It’s short term thinking. Obviously a win would be massive but it’s a marathon not a sprint and still a long way to go 

From our first game up there I imagine there’ll only be 

Gaston

Hammy 

Little 

starting on Saturday that started that day in October. Pretty mental to think that 

49 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Don’t think it’s a must win we are still to play them at Gayfield and they’ve got 8 very tough games in between that, getting beat would be a massive blow though. Football changes very quickly we could go and beat them and then get beat next week and they win and we’re back to square one. Or we could draw this one win next week and then we are where we would’ve been after not winning the must win match. It’s short term thinking. Obviously a win would be massive but it’s a marathon not a sprint and still a long way to go 

Gaston

Hammy 

Little 

starting on Saturday that started that day in October. Pretty mental to think that 

I'm struggling to see how Saturday is anything other than a must win tbh. 12 games left and this is clearly one of the more winnable ones.

57 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Gaston

Hammy 

Little 

If this isn’t a must win then what is ffs? Lose and we’re 7 points behind Cove with 11 to play. Where the feck are we going to claw back those points from if not Cove and Accies? The only teams we can realistically beat to 9th and 10th. Winning on Saturday is far more important than beating Partick. 

Edited by Tattie36