Cove Rangers vs Arbroath

I wasn’t at the match so looking for answers. Starting with a big centre forward and neither Linn nor Yasin (or even Dow) seemed odd. What was the plan?

Then bringing on Bobby and Yasin and taking off Adarkwa - presumably for Hilson to head in the crosses was baffling. Was Adarkwa poor or injured?  
Why Gold starting and not Balde or Tait?

It didn’t look like our best starting 11 to me. 

After a pretty turgid first half we clearly just went for it in the second half with the subs and we did start looking threating up front but were a lot more open to counter attacks which eventually resulted in Cove scoring which flattened us for a bit but we came back again and got a well deserved equaliser. A better point for Cove than us and with Hamilton on a roll it's gonna be tough but this team has plenty spirit. 

12 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

I wasn’t at the match so looking for answers. Starting with a big centre forward and neither Linn nor Yasin (or even Dow) seemed odd. What was the plan?

Then bringing on Bobby and Yasin and taking off Adarkwa - presumably for Hilson to head in the crosses was baffling. Was Adarkwa poor or injured?  
Why Gold starting and not Balde or Tait?

It didn’t look like our best starting 11 to me. 

Poor, he did nothing. Hilson done well btw

Edited by keptie

29 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Get any goals against a Cove team that have conceded 51 goals this season?  Any assists?

The way we play, its going to be difficult for any striker to get goals, hoof it up and hope for the best, i thought after cocking it up  in the second half of last season, with the same shit tactics, and repeatedly this season that maybe you would see that its potentially not the players that are at fault.

Its mainly players dont fit into this shit type of tactic that clearly doesnt work, thats taking us down. 

Edited by Lichteeeeee

7 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Have you got me mixed up with someone else?  I spent the first half of the season consistently arguing that the management were completely failing to get the best out of the players we had, and that they kept putting the wrong team out.  I haven't changed my views.

maybe, haha maybe someone else with a similar name who gives Hilson a constant hard time, for no real reason.

Apologies if that isnt you man

4 minutes ago, Lichteeeeee said:

maybe, haha maybe someone else with a similar name who gives Hilson a constant hard time, for no real reason.

“Hilson played well” usually means we didn’t score. He’s a real trier but not a Championship striker. 

Delighted to salvage a point at the death - just desserts for the sizeable away support.  Tight hard fought game well Cove have plenty of experienced decent players. The 3 sub halftime switchover changed things significant.  We missed 3 excellent chances second half so could have edged it.  Away results and decent spirit give us a chance.  It's been a struggle all season but don't see the justification for excessive gloom

32 minutes ago, Lichteeeeee said:

I don't think he's what we need, but I blame the management for not getting the best out of him more than I blame Hilson.   

Earlier this season, after he had a few games up front, he started to grow into the role, so naturally, he was dropped.  I was struggling on the stream (it was a terrible quality stream) to see what role he was supposed to be playing today (in the first half).  

Edited by ExiledLichtie

I must be about the only one on here that thought we were easily the better team today. 2nd half cove were never in the game and caught us on the counter. The subs today made the difference in the end today big adarkwa had a poor game. I am still confident we can get out of this and stay up got to keep believing lichties.

1 hour ago, Arbroathfcdaft1993 said:

I must be about the only one on here that thought we were easily the better team today. 2nd half cove were never in the game and caught us on the counter. The subs today made the difference in the end today big adarkwa had a poor game. I am still confident we can get out of this and stay up got to keep believing lichties.

Adarkwa had a poor game 1st half  as he was getting no service imo, would have liked to see him getting a chance 2nd half with Bobby and Yassin on, there were a good few crosses went into their box 2nd half that we just needed the killer touch, could the big fella have provided that??.. Who knows but I'd have liked him to have had the opportunity

We are fucking terrible as a team but I don’t think we can blame the players. None of the new players look any better than who they replaced.

Today proved to me once and for all that Dick Campbell is a tactical Pygmy.

Start the game with an ultra conservative lineup obviously trying to keep it tight in the first half… in a must win game.

Second half put on two wingers but take off your target man and leave on 5’ 6” Hilson (who I thought played well btw) as striker against giants!?!? Surely the obvious thing would be to only bring on 1 winger and leave Adarkwa on or take off Hilson?!?!

Bobby Linn is obviously by miles our biggest goal threat yet he still only gets a bit part - utterly mental. 90 minutes every week for me.

Cove are rank rotten and anyone who thinks a scrappy 1-1 draw against them is positive is aff their nut.

Accies have just taken 10 points out of 12 and are full of confidence. If I was a betting man I would put money on us ending up 10th.

If there is a corner then we are miles away from turning it, there was nothing there today that makes me think we’ve improved enough to turn this around. Depressing.

Edited by Tattie36

Sadly 100 % agree with this.

This season has totally shone a light on Campbell's inadequacies

Of course he's done well in the past, sadly that ship has well and truly sailed.

Edited by DUAFC

Some of us have spent the last 6 months bemoaning the tactics.  It was easy to blame the players, and we must have spent a small fortune shipping players out and others in, but we really did not get the most out of the players we had.  

The players we have brought in do look an improvement in all areas, but the same problem remains.   Too late to do anything now though.

9 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Some of us have spent the last 6 months bemoaning the tactics.  It was easy to blame the players, and we must have spent a small fortune shipping players out and others in, but we really did not get the most out of the players we had.  

The players we have brought in do look an improvement in all areas, but the same problem remains.   Too late to do anything now though.

I would say that the players brought in in January have improved things slightly but we definitely haven’t replaced the midfield from last season with similar quality. Hamilton, Henderson and Low were all better than the current crew. The failure to keep Nicky and to get Scott Allan effective has been the key problem which seems unlikely to be resolved.

Well done to Clashy for predicting 1,000 Red Lichtie fans would travel to Cove as there must have been that number in the near 1,600 crowd.

I wanted us to start with Linn and El-Mhannie to start and for none of them to be in the starting XI was bizarre to say the least.

Those 2 and TOB and Ricky were superb on Saturday in a well deserved draw, and we could have won it in the end.