The 2023 NFL Draft Thread

lichtie23

6 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Carolina trading up to pick 1 and the Bears getting two firsts, two seconds and DJ Moore 

DJ Moore might be the best part of that trade for the Bears. He was great this year with absolute muck throwing him the ball.

This feels like a win for the Bears to me.

Schefter already reporting the Panthers are split on which QB to pick…coach likes Stroud, owner likes Young.

That trade would seemingly confirm that Rodgers is going to the Jets, unless some third party (Denver, very unlikely, but…Payton) jumps in.

Stafford reported on the block, but he’s due a full $57M guaranteed…for now…Vegas???

Indy now has a pickle, with Carolina at 1 and Houston at 2 both certain to take QB’s…4 isn’t a good looking anymore, with either Levis or Richardson being reach’s that high…trade down?

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

Schefter already reporting the Panthers are split on which QB to pick…coach likes Stroud, owner likes Young.

That trade would seemingly confirm that Rodgers is going to the Jets, unless some third party (Denver, very unlikely, but…Payton) jumps in.

Stafford reported on the block, but he’s due a full $57M guaranteed…for now…Vegas???

Indy now has a pickle, with Carolina at 1 and Houston at 2 both certain to take QB’s…4 isn’t a good looking anymore, with either Levis or Richardson being reach’s that high…trade down?

Plus Arizona could trade the 3rd pick to a QB hungry team. Think Ballard should have traded up.

Colts were said to like Levis. They want a big QB, so didn't like Young.

8 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

Whoever the Panthers pick out of Stroud or Young are going to be throwing to utter muck next season. I'll be stunned if they don't get a top 5 pick next year too. 

I thought that, but they do still have pick 39. The 2nd Rounder they gave us was the one the got from the 49ers for McCaffrey.

So they could get a decent WR or even TE there. TE class looks stronger than WR. Mind you, TEs tend to take longer to have an impact in the NFL. 

10 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

Whoever the Panthers pick out of Stroud or Young are going to be throwing to utter muck next season. I'll be stunned if they don't get a top 5 pick next year too. 

Panthers now nearly $23M under the cap…perhaps not muck.

4 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Plus Arizona could trade the 3rd pick to a QB hungry team. Think Ballard should have traded up.

Colts were said to like Levis. They want a big QB, so didn't like Young.

I doubt anyone will trade up to 3 to take Levis or Richardson because both would be ridiculous reaches given the cost. Bit different for Indi taking Levis at 4 because they don't have to spend anything apart from a pick they already hold.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Panthers now nearly $23M under the cap…perhaps not muck.

There isn't much in the way of WR talent hitting the FA market, but they could feasibly go after one of the salary dump trade candidates like Allen Robinson, maybe Deandre Hopkins, although that would cost something more substantial.

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

There isn't much in the way of WR talent hitting the FA market, but they could feasibly go after one of the salary dump trade candidates like Allen Robinson, maybe Deandre Hopkins, although that would cost something more substantial.

Think you could get D. Hopkins for a 3rd Rounder if you agree to take on all his salary.

• 4 weeks later...

I think that's about screwing with the Colts as much as anything. If they can get the Colts to bite and move up to 3, they lose future capital for not very much gain, and it's not beyond the realms of possibility because AZ would probably trade back in a heartbeat.