The 2023 NFL Draft Thread

lichtie23

It's the worst part of the NFL year, even more so than the month after the Superbowl. 

FWIW I think this is an extremely poor college cohort, with the possible exception of the TE class, and I think that this draft will be looked back on through cracks in fingers as a particularly grim year. There will be a few pleasant surprises but I think there will be also an abnormal number of first round busts, so the fact that even the pundits I usually respect the opinion of can't seem to agree on consensus picks isn't surprising me.

• 2 weeks later...

Talk that the Vikings want to trade up to 2 or 3 for a QB. Cousins is in the last year of his deal.

They only have 5 picks this year, the first at 23. So would have to include multiple 1st Rounders, or a player.

I would love it if they traded Jefferson and ended up with the new Jared Goff.

4 hours ago, steelmen said:

i love the draft, brings some new names into it... This chap has been linked to the Bronco's in the late rounds (as that's when we are picking)

Henry To’o To’o

Mentioned at about 5:30 above.

Players I think the Chargers should draft if any of them fall to #21 - Bijan, Smith-Njigba, any of the top 4-5 DE's.

Players I think will be there at #21 who the Chargers will probably end up with but I'm totally 'meh' on - Addison, Flowers, Mayer, Kincaid.

Players I'll be fucking livid about and burning my non-existent season ticket - Quentin Johnston, another fucking Corner.

LAC should be looking to add an offensive weapon and End/OLB help early, then later on ILB and possibly even double-dipping both DE and WR if there is a return guy there. I like both Mayer and Kincaid as players, but LAC is in win-now and 1st year TE's rarely contribute anything. It's a deep TE draft with good prospects likely available in day 2, so I see no reason to spend a 1st rounder on one when there are bigger needs on the team.

Looking forward to seeing which 5th round graded prospect from a community college Belichick takes with the Pats 1st round pick this year.

1 minute ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Anderson or a QB? 

I wouldn’t dislike Anderson as a top prospect but they can’t come out of tonight without a QB and I’d prefer it wasn’t Levis.

Anderson and Richardson would be good or just pick Stroud at 2 and go from there.