Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Has she gone mental? 

She's being honest at least...

What's her thoughts on women with short hair and working on a Sunday?

I saw a Horse McDonald LP in a Chicago charity shop on Sunday. Picked it up and had a look because I wouldn’t have figured she’d have had US distro but decided not to buy it. You can say to Kate, if she wants to come protest outside either the shop or my house anyway; she’s not liable to be having f**k all else to do for the near future. 

28 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I'm just baffled by this. Not the views themselves, they were already pretty well understood, but the question of who, exactly, she is expecting to vote for her in the leadership election. She's completely at odds with the outlook of the overwhelming majority of the membership.

Yep, her issue is not what "media types" think of her, but she is layering reason upon reason upon reason for people to look at her and say "nah".

She really needed better answers than this...............

7 minutes ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

One of the SNP's own definitions of 'transphobia' as defined in the party constitution is 'referring to transwomen as a biological man'. She's just done something that is grounds for suspension from the party at the very least, and yet she wants members to elect her leader?

10 minutes ago, Bodie said:

A genuinely astonishing speed run into the political bin.

Is she doing this deliberately ? 

Self destruction.  She’s either staggeringly poorly advised, or genuinely believes she’s in the majority.  Either way she’s aiming for the Wings, erm, wing, for some completely baffling reason. 

Not that it will happen, but it would be utterly hilarious if, despite SNP parliamentarians lining up to pull their endorsements of Forbes, the membership carries her to the win.

Big flaw in the SNP constitution that the parliamentary party aren’t given much of a say in the leadership contest. 

2 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Not that it will happen, but it would be utterly hilarious if, despite SNP parliamentarians lining up to pull their endorsements of Forbes, the membership carries her to the win.

Big flaw in the SNP constitution that the parliamentary party aren’t given much of a say in the leadership contest. 

The right of the party would surely not be so daft as to do that, would they?   The Yer Da element seem to be going for Ash Regan for some inexplicable reason, anyway.  

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Self destruction.  She’s either staggeringly poorly advised, or genuinely believes she’s in the majority.  Either way she’s aiming for the Wings, erm, wing, for some completely baffling reason. 

As far as I can see the Bath incel and his disciples are all in on Regan.

I did wonder when they both announced that there was maybe room for a Blair/Brown type pact to freeze out the party establishment choice given that they both seem ideologically opposed to the current direction.

Might make this my new conspiracy theory that she's doing this deliberately.

3 hours ago, Bodie said:

Humza v Regan is the equivalent of a Norwich v West Brom Super Sunday.

What a time to be alive.

A Robertson or a Swinney will intervene before it gets to that stage. It might be their plan. 

Salmond did the same when faced with anti gay marriage rosanne cunningham in 2002

Ah, I get it now. It's all a con. Forbes' "campaign" I mean. 

The big vacancy has come up. She desperately wants the job, but not yet. So she applies for the job, but does her very best to set fire to her campaign as thoroughly as possible, while playing the victim of oppression card, so that she can come back next time. 

By then, her views will have mysteriously matured and she will present herself as the epitome of reasonableness and social progress. But for now, binfire. 

Nice. 

2 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Ah, I get it now. It's all a con. Forbes' "campaign" I mean. 

The big vacancy has come up. She desperately wants the job, but not yet. So she applies for the job, but does her very best to set fire to her campaign as thoroughly as possible, while playing the victim of oppression card, so that she can come back next time. 

By then, her views will have mysteriously matured and she will present herself as the epitome of reasonableness and social progress. But for now, binfire. 

Nice. 

Or Lee Anderson will have been PM for five years by that point and while she’s kept all her same views, she doesn’t think it’s reasonable to hang people for them; the Daily Mail will accuse her of being a communist. 

I knew Kate would be a bin fire but she’s even surprised me at how quickly she’s made a mess of this. She is and always has been the classic case of the more you see the less you like politically. 

I really don’t know where this myth about her political savvy has come from either. As people can see she couldn’t manoeuvre her way out a wet paper bag.

No hard personal feelings to her but I really hope the last 24 hours has done for her, she’d be a disastrous FM.

Edited by Londonwell