Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

The nursery thing was hilarious when you think about it :D

Aye, cos people with Asian heritage are all from the same religion and stick together likes. Ha ha!

Edited by welshbairn

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Aye, cos people with Asian heritage are all from the same religion and stick together likes. Ha ha!

"Naughty Humza" says The "Indian Council of Scotland"

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/humza-yousaf-accused-stoking-up-24861651

Though it turns out the council is just one fella and its fellow independence colleagues Alba who are behind it all, scooby-doo style, by getting a Muslim Council to join in

https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/23340556.alba-denies-inspiring-attack-yousaf-links-emerge/

More murky nat-on-nat action.... The Style Council could not be reached for comment

On a purely superficial level, this must be the best looking leadership contest in the history of British politics. All 3 would have no problems in getting laid. (You'd have to marry Forbes first mind)

9 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Screenshot_20230322-222525.png

Could you make that text a wee bit bigger?

And.... oh
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/humza-yousafs-wife-drops-legal-29156995
"It bears repeating that, despite some extremely misleading headlines and spurious allegations, the Care Inspectorate identified administrative processes for improvement which had nothing to do with discrimination, because there never was any discrimination"

12 minutes ago, orfc said:

Could you make that text a wee bit bigger?

And.... oh
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/humza-yousafs-wife-drops-legal-29156995
"It bears repeating that, despite some extremely misleading headlines and spurious allegations, the Care Inspectorate identified administrative processes for improvement which had nothing to do with discrimination, because there never was any discrimination"

A spokesman for the Care Inspectorate said at the time that "the service did not promote fairness, equality and respect when offering placements".

4 hours ago, orfc said:

"Naughty Humza" says The "Indian Council of Scotland"

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/humza-yousaf-accused-stoking-up-24861651

Though it turns out the council is just one fella and its fellow independence colleagues Alba who are behind it all, scooby-doo style, by getting a Muslim Council to join in

https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/23340556.alba-denies-inspiring-attack-yousaf-links-emerge/

More murky nat-on-nat action.... The Style Council could not be reached for comment

From your Herald link:

In July, Mr Lal and his Indian Council endorsed Penny Mordaunt in the Tory leadership race to replace Boris Johnson.

In December, Mr Lal was at the launch of the Together UK Foundation in London alongside Brexiteer Northern Ireland Secretary Steve Baker and former DUP leader Arlene Foster.

He said the group would “inform the public of all the facts of the advantages of the Union”, adding: “I am proud of my country, the United Kingdom and I am proud to be British”.

Mr Lal declared: “Rangers Football Club is the greatest football club in Scotland.”

So a more honest framing would be that is was reactionaries teaming up to attack a progressive.

Then this:

4 hours ago, orfc said:

accusing nursery of racism and then shiteing it when owner turned out to be asian themselves

That's not what Yousaf did. He suggested his children were excluded on account of their Muslim names not their race. The nursery owners being (non-Muslim) Indian descent adds to that likelihood rather than detracts from it. Anti-Muslim sentiment is very strong in India, state-sanctioned even.

3 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

That's not what Yousaf did. He suggested his children were excluded on account of their Muslim names not their race. The nursery owners being (non-Muslim) Indian descent adds to that likelihood rather than detracts from it. Anti-Muslim sentiment is very strong in India, state-sanctioned even.

How do you know what Mr/Mrs Yousaf did? Given his form I’d suggest they came across as entitled p***ks on the initial enquiry, the nursery decided they’d be nothing but trouble and then did their (very poor) best to patch them. The Yousafs, being entitled p***ks, wouldn’t let it lie and, getting no joy as they escalated it, finally pulled the race card. 

And you do realise anti-Indian sentiment is just as strong, if not stronger, in Pakistan? They’re locked in a battle trying to prove one to be subservient to the other. 

Edited by George Cowley

4 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

Whilst trying to explain the situation in a little more depth than "they're all brown though LOL" is useful, these sorts of trolls are far too stupid (or racist) to get it. 

1 hour ago, George Cowley said:

How do you know what Mr/Mrs Yousaf did? Given his form I’d suggest they came across as entitled p***ks on the initial enquiry, the nursery decided they’d be nothing but trouble and then did their (very poor) best to patch them. The Yousafs, being entitled p***ks, wouldn’t let it lie and, getting no joy as they escalated it, finally pulled the race card. 

The complaint actually came from Yousaf's partner, Nadia El Nakla. It's unlikely they'd have known Yousaf was involved until things became very public.

Their complaint was also upheld by the Care Inspectorate. I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest an investigation by the Care Inspectorate probably carries a little bit more weight than the weird ranting of some dafty on P&B. 

11 hours ago, virginton said:

By the same token @Savage Henry has insisted 1800 times that there's only one serious candidate and that it's not really a contest, equally with no evidence. 

I agree that Forbes has competency questions to answer, but Yousaf is to competent ministership what John Barnes was to football management. A veneer of beige liberal Twitter friendly takes does not actually make him competent leader for this country. 

I don't think any if them are competent enough to be First Minister.

Yousaf has the anti-Midas touch - every post he's been in turns to shit.

Forbes's propensity to open her gob and say exactly what she thinks smacks of political naivety.

And Regan . . .

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

11 hours ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

Yousless is getting desperate now.

It’s good that he’s got his nickname already. He should get the gig for that alone.

Even the nicknames show the slide - Big Eck, Wee Nic, Yousless.

Edited by Scary Bear

13 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Whilst trying to explain the situation in a little more depth than "they're all brown though LOL" is useful, these sorts of trolls are far too stupid (or racist) to get it. 

The complaint actually came from Yousaf's partner, Nadia El Nakla. It's unlikely they'd have known Yousaf was involved until things became very public.

Their complaint was also upheld by the Care Inspectorate. I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest an investigation by the Care Inspectorate probably carries a little bit more weight than the weird ranting of some dafty on P&B. 

Oh christ, laughing boy is pulling out the race card to defend a nationalist from pulling out the race card, and then mansplains all the interesting bits I'd already linked to or posted verbatim -  Indian council, legal action dropped, care inspectorate findings😂

Never mind Benny , if it goes over your head at least it hasn't hit you in the face 🤣

5 minutes ago, orfc said:

Oh christ, laughing boy is pulling out the race card to defend a nationalist from pulling out the race card, and then mansplains all the interesting bits I'd already linked to or posted verbatim -  Indian council, legal action dropped, care inspectorate findings😂

Never mind Benny , if it goes over your head at least it hasn't hit you in the face 🤣

Why do you think anyone would read the posts or links of a fairly obvious troll? 

Dearie me.