Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

42 minutes ago, QwaarJet said:

As a trans person I am so worried about this outcome. I'd prefer if the person running Scotland didn't hate my very existence. So I'm hoping for Humza, but man is he an uninspiring choice.

I don't know that it's so much that they hate your existence as they refuse to accept that you exist at all. Must be a worrying time.

2 hours ago, George Cowley said:

Not really. After the previous incumbent was outed as a pederast and with about 3 hours notice, Forbes was identified as about the only SNP MSP with any real world experience in finance. I think it was as much a case of ‘you’ll do’ rather than any sort of wilful grooming for future leadership. 

And her immediate stance on anything to do with HR’s governance seems noticeably at odds with Sturgeons position. 

Don't agree. NS correctly identified her as someone who's intelligent and speaks well. I would like to know at which point her batshit beliefs became known though.

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Who are these SNP big hitters in Westminster? The only examples I can see of the SNP deliberately keeping a big name down there instead of getting them into Holyrood were Robertson, who has only ended up in Holyrood due to losing his Westminster seat, and Hosie.

Those MPs who've made a name and public profile for themselves in their time as MPs were all total nobodies when they were first selected, which was relatively recently for all of them. Black was 20 when she was elected, Flynn had no national profile before December and was only first elected in 2019. I don't see any examples of them purposefully treating Holyrood as a dumping ground for second rate candidates in the manner of Labour in the noughties, where anyone with any reputation was immediately whisked off to Westminster.

I rate Black, Shepherd and Flynn. Cherry possibly though I think she's a shitstirrer and don't agree w/ her on the trans issue.

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The candidates get told the results shortly before the announcement so might get a clue from the look of last minute panic or despondency before it comes out.

Thats a pity I was hoping to see how they reacted but I suppose fair enough to give them a heads up first

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

Been a while since I've seen James Cook on the telly. His hairline is in a bad place.

His article on the BBC website the other day was actually alright.

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Been a while since I've seen James Cook on the telly. His hairline is in a bad place.

I was just going to post that John Curtis is looking very gaunt. 

Edited by Savage Henry

3 minutes ago, ScotiaNostra said:

How long before the first foot in mouth by whoever wins, can they get through the victory speech 

FMQs on Thursday could be hiding behind the sofa time, whoever wins.

44 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Not sure how exceptional we've been really, apart from the Scottish Enlightenment the main things we've contributed have been whisky and slavery.

You've obviously not seen the video of the two wee girls singing along to Cher Lloyd before their mother abruptly interrupts them.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

FMQs on Thursday could be hiding behind the sofa time, whoever wins.

Not sure Sarwar or Ross possesses the incisiveness necessary to really take advantage.