Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Don't know maybe it is. I'd have thought getting the chance to vote for the leader and FM would be one if the best things about being a member of the SNP. 

Just had a quick look and the last Tory leadership election had a turnout of 82% and the Labour election in 2020 had 63% so possibly influenced by how the parties doing at the time and the candidates involved 

9 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

ETA . Hopefully Yousaf bins Forbes.

Not a chance.

ETA - Did you see the embrace after the result? This is going to be the SNP equivalent of Blair & Brown.

Edited by Trogdor

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It doesn't say that all.

You've two choices. 

You're saying most unionists are right wing. Given nationalism seems to be the opposite of unionism, then you'd expect most nationalists to be left wing and therefore I am right (as I am in all things ever)

Or, unionism/nationalism cuts across left/right concerns and therefore your original assertion is bollox

Either way, it's not me jumping through logical hoops to say unionists are racist against Humza without any proof though is it 🙂

Just now, Salt n Vinegar said:

If she is up for staying in the cabinet, I think staying at Finance or maybe Deputy role? It'd be funny if he offered her the Health portfolio and said "g'on then, if you think it's a doddle, you dae it." 

"It will be a difficult task to recover from the mistakes of my predecessor, however I am confident we can make strides in the months ahead."

13 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

The SNP are very good at that. They talked about creating a publicly owned energy company for years, until scrapping that altogether and also sold off Scotlands offshore wind capability to oil companies for a pittance. 

Remember this one?

C6gvTEaWIAEdI__.jpg

6 minutes ago, Marlo Stanfield said:

Bumza Poosef is trademarked and as I am the sole owner of the this intellectual (lol) property compensation in the form of royalties is due. 

For anyone using this, please be aware that my lawyers are watching.

tumblr_nvrt4sywwL1qdrcyyo3_250.gif.dcd6746cdcb132421940b7ad231705ab.gif

Quite enjoying shoehorning Wire references into responses to your posts tbh.

Wings.

The great unknown in this election was just who the SNP membership was. No poll could tell us, and with over 50,000 people having quit the party in the last three years, nobody knew who was left. But now we know: idiots... Perhaps most astonishingly, 1,696 SNP members whose first choice was Ash Regan – 30% of them – gave Yousaf their second vote.

:lol:

32 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Not a chance.

ETA - Did you see the embrace after the result? This is going to be the SNP equivalent of Blair & Brown.

100% this. If they can team up, they can sell it as an even more broad church of a party. If you are Forbes minded, her as a deputy first minister or finance minister keeps you happy.

I'll be in the minority view I'm sure, but I'm of the view this might actually increase the popularity on independence. 

Yeah no surprise. The fact that Kate is a practising Christian obviously ruled her out. And with a choice of the Regan or Humza, they've rightly went with the least bad option. I expect he will be a disaster and be gone by the end of the year, at which point the big hitters in the SNP will stand for the next leadership election.

Humza is a useful patsy for the political equivalent of following The Beatles. He's never going to be as good and the inevitable comparisons to Nicola are going to make him look even worse.  When the next new leader arrives they can benefit from at least not being as bad as Humza.