Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Mr Waldo said:

I am being asked to believe that Kate Forbes colleagues who withdrew their support didn't know her beliefs until a couple of days ago?

Did the people who allowed her stand for parliament to represent them not know her views?

Did the people who promoted her not know her views?

What a mess!

So no one who is a wee free can stand for parliament now or be promoted 

3 minutes ago, Binos said:

Nobody has suggested that, it's just that members might not vote for people who say that gay people, trans people and single parents are inferior.

3 minutes ago, Binos said:

Nobody with  prejudices on basic human rights should be able to run for leadership of an ostensibly centre left party, no.   Membership of any religion does not be equate to bigotry.  It does in Forbes’s case, though.  

But that is almost besides the point.  If she were handling the pressure remotely well, instead of merely giving mealy-mouthed condemnation of conversion therapy, she wouldn’t be dropping out after two days of catastrophic press calls.  

2 minutes ago, Binos said:

No one was standing on any platform 

They were being grilled by the press about their religious beliefs 

Gay and trans rights are policy issues, as are abortion and single parenthood. Plenty MSPs go to churches and mosques of many denominations, including her own. It's likely that legislation will come up on these issues, I'm not going to vote for a leader whose opinions on these matters are diametrically opposed to my own.

4 minutes ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

Yeah, which is a huge difference from saying they’re inferior!

She literally thinks that one group of people should have less civil (for that's what marriage is in 2023 Scotland)rights because of their sexuality.

I could probably live with her saying she doesn't want the Wee Frees conducting gay marriages as any private members club is entitled to set their own rules.

She doesn't think local authorities should be able to conduct gay marriages in town halls.

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

There is nothing at all contentious here.  There isn't enough support for independence and the past two days have made it worse.  The hounding of Forbes will have shown 'the floating voter' the kind of intolerant, partisan, authoritarian hellhole iScot would be if a Yes vote was won so support will have dropped further.

I see the well-respected Indian Council of Scotland is at least trying to bring some sanity by highlighting their concerns about Humza:

indianc.thumb.jpeg.edae3de04b4aac2fe3a3ec5f848d6ddd.jpeg

That's in sharp contrast to an SNP staffer who wants Forbes suspended from the party for daring to call a double rapist a man:

The hounding of Forbes has been done by the Unionist media.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

9 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

She literally thinks that one group of people should have less civil (for that's what marriage is in 2023 Scotland)rights because of their sexuality.

I could probably live with her saying she doesn't want the Wee Frees conducting gay marriages as any private members club is entitled to set their own rules.

She doesn't think local authorities should be able to conduct gay marriages in town halls.

It's in her religion as it is in humzas

Just now, Binos said:

It's in her religion as it is in humzas

There are plenty atheists who think the same as her. I wouldn't vote for them either, and I don't think she should get a free pass just because she's a member of a church that agrees with her.