Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

29 minutes ago, Donathan said:

If it’s someone from WM then my money would be on Black. They’d probably find an MSP with a safe seat who’s willing to go to Westminster, both resign and call a by-election, then swap seats. 

I suspect that kind of quasi-gerrymandering could be undone fairly quickly by the unionist parties agreeing not to stand against each other - the prize of taking out another SNP leader would be hard to resist

12 minutes ago, orfc said:

I suspect that kind of quasi-gerrymandering could be undone fairly quickly by the unionist parties agreeing not to stand against each other - the prize of taking out another SNP leader would be hard to resist

All for this tbh. Watching Scottish Labour utterly torch their recent miniscule gains will only add to the ongoing ScotPol hilarity.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

It’s a total minter whichever way you spin it.  One of the biggest names in the party has outed herself as someone who would regard Ian Paisley as a progressive moderniser, another as a man nobody inside his own party trusts, and the third as someone who appeals to lunatics on the internet.  

So now the party bigwigs are having to drop somebody into a safe seat to fight whatever clusterfuck this is.  

The party bigwigs choice is Humza.

20 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I’m assuming the outsider candidate is someone from Westminster.  Black, or Blackford, perhaps.  

I just can't see it. I've said before that the optics of "leading" the party from WM is awful. Yes, Salmond did it long ago pre referendum but it's politically not acceptable now, I think. I also have doubts that a WM leader, even once back into Holyrood would be a good choice as they don't have the experience of the place or personalities. Bound to kick up some resentment as well.

More than anything though, the mechanics of getting your guy in there aren't straight forward. Can't use the list - my understanding is the lists are selected prior to each election, anyone stepping down in that time it just goes to whoever was next on your list at the time of the last election. So you need a constituency, and it needs to be safe enough that even a concerted Unionist tactical vote can't beat the SNP vote which is not a given, especially as folk of that constituency are being asked to vote on a purely party internal matter, which is likely to depress the vote.

1 hour ago, cyderspaceman said:

Religious nutters shouid be kept away from politics,  but I don't know how that could be achieved.

Ah, wait a minute, I do know.  Don't f'k'n vote for them!

Isn't the flaw in that logic the fact that she stands in a constituency where there are enough like minded constituents that vote for her because of her religious background and beliefs or is that nit the case in Skye, Badennoch and Lochaber ?

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Isn't the flaw in that logic the fact that she stands in a constituency where there are enough like minded constituents that vote for her because of her religious background and beliefs or is that nit the case in Skye, Badennoch and Lochaber ?

Most of her votes are because of the colour of her rosette, just like nearly every politician in the country.

10 hours ago, Kejan said:

9 years, and folk don't want it enough nor are the SNP radical enough to push it on. 

More Anglo retirees, lukewarm independence supporters now in their 40s-50s might not even be that bothered about it.  

Any second referendum will be very close. No chance yes will get anything like 65-70%

It needs to be 51%