Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Ash Regan is still bottling out of interviews which might be a solid strategy.

Is she of the same persuasion as Catastrophe Kate?   I regard myself as fairly clued up politically, but her name means very little to me.

10 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I expect Sturgeon may need to intervene and tell Kate her teas oot in private. I wouldn't expect the NEC to get involved at all. It could get even more divisive if they did tbh.

“I’m still running at the moment”, she told ITV.  She knows she’s had her chips.   

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Is she of the same persuasion as Catastrophe Kate?   I regard myself as fairly clued up politically, but her name means very little to me.

She's big on the anti trans thing, resigned the cabinet to vote against reform, and wants a rapid do or die strategy to attempting to gain independence. She has an important backer. This is all I know too.

image.png.b180f881a8c7626cfe57686d8649cb30.png

Just now, welshbairn said:

She's big on the anti trans thing, resigned the cabinet to vote against reform, and wants a rapid do or die strategy to attempting to gain independence. She has an important backer. This is all I know too.

image.png.b180f881a8c7626cfe57686d8649cb30.png

Imagine deciding who to support to be the first minister on the basis of opposing getting a signature being made easier.  

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Was Ash Denholm around the time of the referendum. Was heavily involved  in WFI alongside Natalie McGarry, and I think Was the one who shopped her. I mind the EF lad on here who did activist work for the SNP said the local network hated Denholm with a passion for her entitlement.

Anyway, she was also policy head at Common Weal for a while, which is fairly amusing given her comments on slowing down the transition to Zero Carbon which is pretty much the central plank of Common Weal's work.

That, being anti-GRR, making every election a de facto Ref and dealing the A9 is her policy platform to date. She may well be Alex Salmond.

29 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Nope. SSS is a total fucking shambles. 

If you rule out every one with experience at cabinet level who haven't transformed things for the better over the last couple of years, we're fucked.

I can't see Forbes still in the race in the next 48 hours.  I can't think of anyone having a worse campaign and that includes May and Truss.

She was the front runner for me and I can't believe how awful she has been. 

Humza is far too ambiguous on independence, he's not realising the absolute frustration within the Yes movement just now. He's the continuity candidate, so don't expect much to change

All eyes on Ash Regan as she launches her campaign tomorrow. If she plays it well she could win this race. 

She will be the most radical of the 3 contenders and that can play well with the frustrated within the movement.  I'm actually looking forward to what she has to say....

26 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

“I’m still running at the moment”, she told ITV.  She knows she’s had her chips.   

I saw that earlier and also Ivan McKee repeatedly saying he's meeting her tonight. If not chips, it may be toast before bed.

I can just about understand her positioning but the whole thing about standing by an out of time morality is just baffling and utterly needless.

As for Angus Robertson, was there not a time when he was perceived as having a default setting that favoured a restraining of unnecessary effort? I'd like to be proved wrong and he does step up.

You'd hope for leaders have something above the fray about them but Yousaf gives nothing of that gravitas.

Strange times. strange times. 

IMO the SNP are fucked. Independence has clearly been the glue holding the various factions together over the past 15 years. Now that it’s looking virtually impossible there’s nothing to stop the Right, Centre and Left wings going to all-out-war with each other.

I reckon the best thing they could do to stop completely imploding is to acknowledge that there isn’t any genuine appetite for independence and put a hold to campaigning for it for, say, ten years, and say that they want to work productively with cross-party colleagues in WM and HR.