Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It'll be interesting to see if Forbes actually gets to the vote. Anyone any idea the number/proportion of the SNP membership who are in there solely for Independence but maybe don't hold the required progressive views?  Or have they all resigned/been chased/buggered off to Alba?

17 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

It'll be interesting to see if Forbes actually gets to the vote. Anyone any idea the number/proportion of the SNP membership who are in there solely for Independence but maybe don't hold the required progressive views?  Or have they all resigned/been chased/buggered off to Alba?

If its members votes she needs she will get them id guess, plenty weefrees etc in SNP

Edited by ScotiaNostra

18 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

No-one was chased off to Alba - they went quite willingly.

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Going by Colin McKay there on STV he's hinting at Forbes being "replaced" by Ivor McKee. Forbes to make a statement according to her campaign manager. 

Isn't he currently Forbes campaign manager anyway?

18 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

I would think that Alba broke a decent chunk off tbh but I think folk might be surprised at how many more social conservatives are still in the party. After all it is a broad coalition from all walks of life united by a singular common goal. I guess we'll find out if she gets to the vote.

Still has backing from some of her colleagues too.

1 hour ago, Binos said:

So no one who is a wee free can stand for parliament now or be promoted 

There are bigots of all religions and none, that's just human nature. Sure anyone in this country is entitled  to hold homophobic beliefs but they must expect that expressing those beliefs publicly is going to preclude them from certain posts, being the political head of the country being virtually top of that list. Her religion is irrelevant here, there is homophobia expressed by people of all religions but if you live by that sword then you should know that in a mostly civilised society you will die by it.

5 minutes ago, renton said:

Isn't he currently Forbes campaign manager anyway?

I thought that was the guy McKay was speaking too as campaign manager but must admit although I had heard the name before I didn't know him visually.  Bizarre turn of events if true and even the carefully chosen wording of the statement is odd

Quiet day in NatLand after yesterday's shitstorm but it's refreshing to hear Forbes here.  A competent government and building an economic case?  I've been saying this for years.  Won't wash with the Nat loyal who loved the Sturgeon approach of incompetence, mendacity and blaming everyone else.

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Couldn't give a shit. We are talking about civil rights.

No church is compelled to carry out gay marriage.

However Humza squares it with his god he at least understands this 

Same god isn't it 

21 minutes ago, Bodie said:

I would think that Alba broke a decent chunk off tbh but I think folk might be surprised at how many more social conservatives are still in the party. After all it is a broad coalition from all walks of life united by a singular common goal. I guess we'll find out if she gets to the vote.

Still has backing from some of her colleagues too.

I'll make two comments here.  Jim Fairlie's comments are measured and I hope they are actually considered ahead of any rush to condemnation and hysteria.

Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, when the right-wing press appears to dismiss Forbes' leadership bid it's not done primarily to highlight reactions from a religiously intolerant membership, but rather it's an indication of how much they are intent on preventing her standing as they consider her a political threat.