Motherwell vs Hearts: Fir Park 2023-02-19 12:00

8 minutes ago, Al B said:

Can vouch for this, whilst we were going through our wee spell of finishing 2nd (any of you other diddies managed this back-to-back recently? No?), the season where BIG JOHN SUTTON INCOMINGGGGGG clinched it in injury time at Pitoddrie is still a source of hilarity for us as, contrary to the season before that where we were brilliant, we were so unbelievably shite that year that we can't quite get our heads round how we managed it again. However that was up there with one of the biggest celebrations we've ever had....absolutely limbs everywhere.

Lee Hollis was in goals

18 hours ago, 18May1991 said:

Don’t suppose there’s any chance of a Hibs v Hearts sub-forum so they can all collectively f**k off there with their tit for tat pish? 

Have to apologise for the Hibees they seem to be in every Hearts thread with their amazing witty patter, we win and its a conspiracy, we lose and we're the worst team in the league.

8 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Have to apologise for the Hibees they seem to be in every Hearts thread with their amazing witty patter, we win and its a conspiracy, we lose and we're the worst team in the league.

Wouldn't have said Hearts were the worst in the league mate. But if you're saying it, then who am I to argue.

51 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

And you're basing that on what? You've had one win more this season than we have, with 2/3rds of the season gone. Hardly walking away with it. And before you bring up injuries, we've arguably been hit with them worse.

And two more draws makes us 5 points clear of you after a bad start having played an extra old firm game. Or do draws not count just like last week when you were saying goals where a hearts striker hits it and hopes it goes in don't count? 

50 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Finishing 3rd in a division is not "exceptional".

Attaining more than 70 points has only been done a few times by non old firm teams in the last 30 years. That makes it an exception to the norm. Nobody is finishing top 2 so 3rd place is all any of us have to get excited about aside from cups. 

5 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

And two more draws makes us 5 points clear of you after a bad start having played an extra old firm game. Or do draws not count just like last week when you were saying goals where a hearts striker hits it and hopes it goes in don't count?

Well now, I didn't actually say that did I?

There's 3 tiers of quality that make up this league. In 1st place you have the 'untouchables'. In a distant 2nd place you have 'better than the rest' and in the remaining ever more distant 10 places you have 'the rest'.

There seems to be this idea amongst Hearts fans that they're somehow closer to the OF than they are to the rest of the diddies. The reality is, Heart's are closer to the relegation playoff spot than they are to 2nd place.

10 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

Well now, I didn't actually say that did I?

There's 3 tiers of quality that make up this league. In 1st place you have the 'untouchables'. In a distant 2nd place you have 'better than the rest' and in the remaining ever more distant 10 places you have 'the rest'.

There seems to be this idea amongst Hearts fans that they're somehow closer to the OF than they are to the rest of the diddies. The reality is, Heart's are closer to the relegation playoff spot than they are to 2nd place.

Congratulations on getting to within 5 points of Hearts.🏆

5 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Fraser Kerr was playing right wing....

Just to continue the distraction from the Hibs/Hearts pish this has turned into....

Zaine Francis-Angol was also playing 😂

1 hour ago, Al B said:

Just to continue the distraction from the Hibs/Hearts pish this has turned into....

Zaine Francis-Angol was also playing 😂

Recognising that name, I went to check what he's up to now and he's at Oldham - and I still cannot get my head round the fact Oldham are no longer a League team.

23 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

The reality is, Heart's are closer to the relegation playoff spot than they are to 2nd place.

Technically true, by a point, but it's only been true since Sunday so surely you can't begrudge us a brief moment to mentally adjust to suddenly being in the relegation battle.

52 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Technically true, by a point, but it's only been true since Sunday so surely you can't begrudge us a brief moment to mentally adjust to suddenly being in the relegation battle.

There's no technically about it :lol:...