Queens v Dunfermline

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Marvin Bartley's interview says it was an own goal too. 

2nd goal.

Why was Todd trying to mark Benedictus who is probably Dunfermline biggest threat at a corner.  Poor from the keeper he has to come and punch that corner away ball inside the 6 yard box .

Away from that any idea what the nearly full time half time draw numbers are ?

6 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

2nd goal.

Why was Todd trying to mark Benedictus who is probably Dunfermline biggest threat at a corner.  Poor from the keeper he has to come and punch that corner away ball inside the 6 yard box .

Away from that any idea what the nearly full time half time draw numbers are ?

Havent seen the goal but whilst the former is a fair question, I'm not in charge of marking assignments at set pieces.  We were a centre back short of course having gone to a four, and Dunfermline having Todorov means three big headed threats need marked.

No idea about the draw number. It was drawn at half time, just not announced till later, and a woman claimed it at full time.

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Also, was Harry Cochrane as dreadful as he looked in the highlights? Seemed like Mochrie was running rings around him all day. Highlights seemed like he was trying to man-mark Mochrie, but seemed to be several times he lost his man so easily and just didn’t look at the races at all. Doesn’t feel like long ago that he was considered a really bright young talent, playing regularly in the top flight. Now he seems to be struggling at this level.

That's some reach. Other than losing the ball late on you'd have to be looking very hard to think he was terrible from a 10 minute reel. He was neat and tidy on the ball and always looking for it. He got MotM yesterday and deservedly so IMO. Considering he was in there with just Todd and The Invisible Man he put in a good shift. Unless a pass lead to a goal I don't think many holding midfielders are going to look good in highlights. 

Was a guy behind me who thought Gibson could do no wrong yesterday. Can mind him commenting after the goal "You can't blame Gibson there!". I missed the start of the play so couldn't comment yesterday but going by the highlights the guy needs to take his tinted specs off. Very poor from Gibson. He pans off his man to Hendrie and then doesn't bother to track the other man. No idea who to blame for Wighton being wide open as there's no one near him. 

4.26 is a great example of how ridiculously biased football fans can be. Can mind at the time the ball being played through and the Dunfermline player looked comfortably onside to me. Yet the pelters the linesman got from some around me was incredible; one guy claiming "he was about a yard offside linesman!!" You do wonder what people are seeing at times. The guy is closer to being a yard onside. 

Pretty much as I thought yesterday. A fairly even game with Dunfermline taking a couple of their chances and us failing to take ours. It was certainly a better display than the last time Dunfermline visited but sadly the same outcome regardless. 

Edited by 19QOS19

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's some reach. Other than losing the ball late on you'd have to be looking very hard to think he was terrible from a 10 minute reel. He was neat and tidy on the ball and always looking for it. He got MotM yesterday and deservedly so IMO. Considering he was in there with just Todd and The Invisible Man he put in a good shift. Unless a pass lead to a goal I don't think many holding midfielders are going to look good in highlights. 

That’s why I asked the question. I am well aware that highlights don’t show the full picture. Which is exactly why I asked if he was as bad as he looked. All you see of him in the highlights is him chasing shadows and being caught out of position. So I asked a question, which I still don’t think was unreasonable.

Genuinely glad to hear he wasn’t bad at all. I liked him in his short spell with us and was just curious.

15 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

That’s why I asked the question. I am well aware that highlights don’t show the full picture. Which is exactly why I asked if he was as bad as he looked. All you see of him in the highlights is him chasing shadows and being caught out of position. So I asked a question, which I still don’t think was unreasonable.

Genuinely glad to hear he wasn’t bad at all. I liked him in his short spell with us and was just curious.

I didn't think he was particularly bad in the brief spell he had in the highlights which is why I thought it was a harsh comment. 

Just now, Grant228 said:

He was pretty neat on the ball through the game but he doesn't look grand in those highlights. Was he the most defensive minded of the Queens midfield or was there someone else in there? 

He looked to me to be sitting in front of the defence. We had Todd in there with him who I didn't think was terrible but not great, and Murray. So basically 2 men doing the work of 3. I was surprised Dunfermline never tried to come through the middle of us more often tbh. 

Both midfields felt rather open,  certainly before Hamilton came on late on.  Didn’t feel to me like queens had anyone to disrupt things, but I wouldn’t call that cochrane’s role.  He’s similar to chalmers in our side that whilst he sits deep that’s more aimed at being in possession than out of it.

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He looked to me to be sitting in front of the defence. We had Todd in there with him who I didn't think was terrible but not great, and Murray. So basically 2 men doing the work of 3. I was surprised Dunfermline never tried to come through the middle of us more often tbh. 

I felt we were actually more aimed at going through the middle but mochrie wasn’t quite on it and KRH was so it made more sense to supply him on the right.

Edited by parsforlife

12 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

No need trying to come through the middle when our left side was so open, and not for the first time. Dunfermline had what I would think is their paciest player up against Hendrie who kept getting dragged into the middle. 

26 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

No need trying to come through the middle when our left side was so open, and not for the first time. Dunfermline had what I would think is their paciest player up against Hendrie who kept getting dragged into the middle. 

Aye it's certainly not a criticism of Dunfermline as it was working for them regardless. Was quite surprised they kept their guy on the right out of play more in the second. He was having plenty of joy in the first half.