Queens v Dunfermline

What utter nonsense this Greenacres chap spouts. We have been stronger, fitter and sharper under Marv. The problem is the terrible players Gibson signed. Yes today was disappointing but by and large so much better than WG. Problem is we shouldn’t have let Willie anywhere near managing us. Just behave…

1 hour ago, HighlandQueen said:

What utter nonsense this Greenacres chap spouts. We have been stronger, fitter and sharper under Marv. The problem is the terrible players Gibson signed. Yes today was disappointing but by and large so much better than WG. Problem is we shouldn’t have let Willie anywhere near managing us. Just behave…

I bet your team aren't fitter under Bartley. All struggling teams are apparently fitter when a new manager comes in.

It's cliched bollocks. It may seem like it, but it's almost certainly not true. 

Anyway, must win game for us. 

Edited by DA Baracus

We seem to be a lot better away from home. If we don’t score early at East End then the moans and groans begin and the fans get a bit fed up, although we’re usually trying to break teams down sitting with 10 men camped on the edge of their box. Yesterday we were poor against Airdrie in the first half, a lot better in the second which is the story of our season, and towards the latter stages even before we scored or Airdrie went down to 10 you felt we would chuck everything at it and get the win. Seems to enjoy going to grounds where the pressure is on the home team and quietly go about our business and get the job done.

Wr were poor at home to Queens in December but won fairly comfortably down at Dumfries earlier in the season. I think it’ll be tight, low scoring and I’d take a scruffy 1 nil away win with the ball going in off Josh Todd’s scrotum in injury time. 

Edited by The Toun Clock

12 hours ago, HighlandQueen said:

And you have watched us how often before and after to be qualified to comment….

Just a total coincidence then that fans of every team say the same thing when their team struggles?

17 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyway, must win game for us. 

Is it really?

I can see us struggling in this one tbh. We have been poor but we are still getting results. Would happily take a scrappy 1-0 win. We struggled against Queens the last game, at home mind you, where teams seem to thrive this season*

*We are undefeated at home, but the majority of the performances have been questionable, and we end up chasing results 

Edited by DAFC.

15 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Is it really?

I can see us struggling in this one tbh. We have been poor but we are still getting results. Would happily take a scrappy 1-0 win. We struggled against Queens the last game, at home mind you, where teams seem to thrive this season*

*We are undefeated at home, but the majority if the performances have been questionable, and we are ending up chasing results 

I have to say that, based on games against Queens, I haven't been as impressed with Dunfermline as I have with Falkirk, but from the outside looking in it seems that McPake has instilled an attitude of "we will not be beaten" throughout his team and results are ground out accordingly despite the performance.

Our mob seem to have the opposite mentality which makes me think that no matter how well we play, or how poor Dunfermline may be, we will lose this game.

On 19/02/2023 at 12:29, Slipmat said:

I have to say that, based on games against Queens, I haven't been as impressed with Dunfermline as I have with Falkirk, but from the outside looking in it seems that McPake has instilled an attitude of "we will not be beaten" throughout his team and results are ground out accordingly despite the performance.

Our mob seem to have the opposite mentality which makes me think that no matter how well we play, or how poor Dunfermline may be, we will lose this game.

Very much this.  

Following Saturdays 2nd half debacle the slight sense of optimism I had prior to the game has now gone.  This gang of players we have seem to have a bit of a hey-ho attitude win or lose.  Dunfermline although they may not have been particularly impressive have continued to grind out results.  

Historically this is the sort of game that Queens would win.   While we may be pleasantly surprised come 450 on Saturday I very much doubt it.

We've been quite pish for some time, especially at home but some of our recent away performances have also been garbage. I'm not optimistic (I never am!) but it could be a pivotal week with Falkirk playing Airdrie. If we can win and Falkirk drop points I'll be a lot more confident come the game between us and Grangemouth on the 7th.