Queens v Dunfermline

On 19/02/2023 at 00:28, die hard doonhamer said:

Dunfermline can expect about as easy an afternoon as they’ll get all season. Comfortable away win. Can’t wait to see the back of the latest group of shysters we call a squad. 

As a staunch Falkirk fan i know that feeling very well after the last few seasons. Better this one so far though so dont get so down

On 19/02/2023 at 12:29, Slipmat said:

I have to say that, based on games against Queens, I haven't been as impressed with Dunfermline as I have with Falkirk

I can understand why. Falkirk and Airdrie are built to try and play football, attack teams and score goals, where McPake has no intentiion to provide entertainment. We are stuffy and pretty boring to watch in all honesty. We do seem very hard to beat though

I would say we've regressed since the turn of the year. Our defence looks much more fragile since Fisher left. Bene is not playing to the same level and I think it has exposed Breen as a pretty poor defender. I think Otoo should be replacing him in the team.

We have been chopping and changng the team quite a lot too. The midfield looks a bit of a mess at times, with all the shuffling about.

I will absolutley delighted if we can hold off Falkirk and bring in better quality in the championship, but I'm far from convinced that we will now. Falkirk are winning most weeks and look capable of dominating games and scoring goals. Everything is just a struggle for us. Slow starts that we seem to spend the rest of the game making up for. Not sure we will continue to get away with that for another 3rd of a season.

11 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Just hoping that Queens can summon up from somewhere the will and the skill to pull off a result here. Their recent home form isn't awful.

Our recent form in the last 7 days is awful!

We did well enough at Hamilton in the cup but lost anyway. Two wins before that were against Peterhead and Edinburgh, two teams we've beaten 7 out of 7 this season and clearly deal with fine. And a penalty win over Kelty in the Trust Trophy.

We did possibly shade the game up at Dunfermline in December in drawing it. It's not impossible by any means but we'll need to play a lot better than we did last Saturday.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Just hoping that Queens can summon up from somewhere the will and the skill to pull off a result here.

Would love to oblige here, but ... you really are clutching at straws ... more chance of Putin withdrawing from the Donbas ...

When I lived in Newcastle I liked the away days in Dumfries, Palmerston is well located near the town centre and there's a ton of pubs, nice town to spend an afternoon & evening. Sadly can't make this weekends game, I hope we get promoted (obviously) and it looks unlikely QoTS will be joining us which is a shame, hope they have an absolute stinker this weekend right enough. 

Hard to see past a Pars win here sadly. From what I saw of the Hamilton game the guys were in Hamilton's faces with a high tempo press. We never saw anything like that at Kelty which was the biggest annoyance for me. As daft as it sounds, I can take a defeat tomorrow if we approach it the same way as Hamilton and just get outclassed by Dunfermline. If it's the same lethargic performance as Kelty then I'll be as fizzing as I was last week. 

It should be a good indicator whether the players will react to Bartley's comments or take the huff as others thought could happen. Hopefully the former and we get a rare decent performance in front of the home crowd. 

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

Much like the gates, we seem to have lost a few fans on PnB. There's a few posters who rarely post anymore. 

Which is a shame, the QOS posters as a cohort are about as level headed and fair as you'll ever get on PnB. 

Hawk used build up Reilly absolutely rotten right enough. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Which is a shame, the QOS posters as a cohort are about as level headed and fair as you'll ever get on PnB. 

Hawk used build up Reilly absolutely rotten right enough. 

There used to be another poster who was worse. I don't think they were a QoS poster as such, they just used to follow Reilly. Charlie's Mum or some such thing I think. Was definitely related to Reilly 😂

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

There used to be another poster who was worse. I don't think they were a QoS poster as such, they just used to follow Reilly. Charlie's Mum or some such thing I think. Was definitely related to Reilly 😂

Giveaway when someone just follows one player eh? 

Apart from the poster Rie, I'm not sure if you encountered her with you being a Championship side at the time, but she was a (By all accounts lovely) Japanese lady who just followed Colin Nish, wasn't related to him in anyway, just liked him and seen it as natural to follow a player, much like you'd follow a tennis player or a racing driver. When Nish was sacked by Cowdenbeath though she started asking for the timings and locations of Hibs? Youth games because he'd went there as a coach. 

Absolutely amazing. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Giveaway when someone just follows one player eh? 

Apart from the poster Rie, I'm not sure if you encountered her with you being a Championship side at the time, but she was a (By all accounts lovely) Japanese lady who just followed Colin Nish, wasn't related to him in anyway, just liked him and seen it as natural to follow a player, much like you'd follow a tennis player or a racing driver. When Nish was sacked by Cowdenbeath though she started asking for the timings and locations of Hibs? Youth games because he'd went there as a coach. 

Absolutely amazing. 

Christ. Remember that!? That was absolutely bizarre. 

31 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Hard to see past a Pars win here sadly. From what I saw of the Hamilton game the guys were in Hamilton's faces with a high tempo press. We never saw anything like that at Kelty which was the biggest annoyance for me. As daft as it sounds, I can take a defeat tomorrow if we approach it the same way as Hamilton and just get outclassed by Dunfermline. If it's the same lethargic performance as Kelty then I'll be as fizzing as I was last week. 

It should be a good indicator whether the players will react to Bartley's comments or take the huff as others thought could happen. Hopefully the former and we get a rare decent performance in front of the home crowd. 

Have to agree with your first paragraph. Any defeat is disappointing but if you come away with the feeling that the players at least gave it a right good go then it makes it just a bit more bearable.

Bartley seems quite upbeat about how things have gone in training this week following his post Kelty interview, so hopefully it's a happy and determined  group of players  who turn out tomorrow. 

22 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Think it was just Charlie. He disappeared shortly after Gav left the first time. Definitely either a friend or relation. Didn't hide being a Gretna fan rather than a QoS one. Hawk's Gavin Reilly obsession was such that for a time I thought it was a name change but apparently not. A quick search suggests he hasn't posted since early 2020.