Raith vs Ayr, 24/2/2023

5 hours ago, AuAl said:

Raith 3-0 Ayr

I shouldn't have thought so.

The last time Rovers beat Ayr 3-0 at Stark's Park was Ally MacLeod's swansong as Ayr manager.

I think we've won 3-0 at Somerset since then, and you've dished out a few to us (twice in 2017/18 including a missed penalty).

I know Ayr aren’t in amazing form, but third in the Championship, five off top with a game in hand, and a League 1 side at home waiting in the quarter finals of the Scottish Cup strikes me as a pretty good season so far… why the doom and gloom?! 

Would be good if we could get Gullan and Vaughan fit for this. I think we’d have won late on against QP with options of that quality coming on. 

1 hour ago, Paco said:

I know Ayr aren’t in amazing form, but third in the Championship, five off top with a game in hand, and a League 1 side at home waiting in the quarter finals of the Scottish Cup strikes me as a pretty good season so far… why the doom and gloom?! 

Objecticely you are right. It has been a good season so far... there is still a third of it to go.

However, performances have been crap for about three months now with the couple of good wins over Cove papering over the cracks. It just feels like we are only going one way and our manager is wedded to one dimensional hoofball.

Here's hoping it changes on Friday. 

7 hours ago, Paco said:

Would be good if we could get Gullan and Vaughan fit for this. I think we’d have won late on against QP with options of that quality coming on. 

Because Saturday was the cherry on top of a string of recent poor performances. If that's the style of play we are going to adopt from now on then it won't take long to f**k up all those points you mention.

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Just seen that Ayr have signed Chris Maguire. 

Hopefully he's a bit away from match fitness and won't be ready for Friday because on paper he is some signing for this division. 

I highly doubt he’ll start. 

18 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Just seen that Ayr have signed Chris Maguire. 

Hopefully he's a bit away from match fitness and won't be ready for Friday because on paper he is some signing for this division. 

HE'S COMING FOR YOU 

Chris Maguire suspended by Lincoln as former Aberdeen star hit with betting  charges - Daily Record

3 hours ago, renton said:

Away win.

3 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Unbeaten in our last...uhhh... 1 with no sendings off when he's been in charge.

He was actually quite reasonable in the Dundee cup match. I'm holding on to the idea that it was McGlynn he hated and not Rovers. 

12 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

He was actually quite reasonable in the Dundee cup match. I'm holding on to the idea that it was McGlynn he hated and not Rovers. 

Our record with him is excellent once you remove the ICT matches.