Raith vs Ayr, 24/2/2023

Going into this without much expectation. We've done alright lately but have kept drawing games, Ayr seem to have hit enough of a rough patch to make their fans less than optimistic but I'd still back their front line to score.

We don't seem to be as toothless as we were down at Ayr in December but were still losing cheap goals.

Suspect the run ends here. 

29 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I'm not being funny but if I did a shift then wrote the names of people who weren't there anymore on a handover report, I would get my balls booted big style.

Especially if you worked in the NHS or care professions.....

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

😂 Some top quality research from bet365 there!

They’ve named 8 Raith players. 
3 of them are no longer Raith players (one of whom never even played a single minute). 
One is out on loan and two are injured. 
Of the two who could possibly play, one is an 18yr old who has not played a single minute for us. 

I don’t think I’ll be putting any money on any of those thanks. 

Yes, pretty much the same from our perspective. Left club, retired, never played etc.

1 hour ago, renton said:

Going into this without much expectation. We've done alright lately but have kept drawing games, Ayr seem to have hit enough of a rough patch to make their fans less than optimistic but I'd still back their front line to score.

We don't seem to be as toothless as we were down at Ayr in December but were still losing cheap goals.

Suspect the run ends here. 

We generally play better and try and pass the ball when it's a better surface / astro, however that went out of the window when we played QP at Stenny so God knows.

If Maguire plays tonight then it's our hope that he'll link the play a bit better but personally I'm hoping that O'Connor gets a well deserved start as he'll most definitely help us in that regard.

Raith are a strange one from what I've seen as seem to be one of the best (if not the best) footballing sides in the league but just seem to lack a punch up top and also give away daft goals at the back.

It's the Championship so as we all know ANYTHING could happen but given our recent form I'd be more than happy with a draw tonight.

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I'm not sure who's the best value for first goalscorer tonight, I'm torn between backing Brad Young or Logan Chalmers at 15/2 or wondering if David Goodwillie is maybe the safer bet at 11/2 ??

Decisions, decisions.......

image.thumb.png.6e34aaa9d5b62d822009532d91298685.png

Where's the odds for @Richey Edwards of us winning 213-0 with McAllister scoring all goals?

10 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

We generally play better and try and pass the ball when it's a better surface / astro, however that went out of the window when we played QP at Stenny so God knows.

If Maguire plays tonight then it's our hope that he'll link the play a bit better but personally I'm hoping that O'Connor gets a well deserved start as he'll most definitely help us in that regard.

Raith are a strange one from what I've seen as seem to be one of the best (if not the best) footballing sides in the league but just seem to lack a punch up top and also give away daft goals at the back.

It's the Championship so as we all know ANYTHING could happen but given our recent form I'd be more than happy with a draw tonight.

Well, traditionally Rovers either eke out a narrow win, or Ayr absolutely hump us so probably one of those two.

9 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Rovers fans, has there ever been any real plans to utilise that stand on the railway side properly. It would be fantastic as terracing.

They've used the away end occasionally, but the home end side of it is pretty much unfit for habitation, and we don't have the money to burn on making it workable.

3 minutes ago, renton said:

They've used the away end occasionally, but the home end side of it is pretty much unfit for habitation, and we don't have the money to burn on making it workable.

Ah I see, that's a shame. A split home and away support in there would be great for atmosphere.

15 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Rovers fans, has there ever been any real plans to utilise that stand on the railway side properly. It would be fantastic as terracing.

There was a plan afoot to turn it into some hospitality cum community area with a link under the railway and stuff, but that’s all gone to hell. And, yes, it would be an outstanding terrace.

27 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Akio starts for Gonçalves for us. Otherwise it's the same as last week. 

Not convinced about the change but let's see how it goes. 

Agree…like the idea of the bull in the china shop to start (Gonçalves) and then the speedy nipper (Akio) to come on later.