Free Agency 2023

peasy23

44 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

He’s becoming some sort of parody character at this point.

Like Favre before him, he's gone all important..

His life has been a car crash the last few years..

Two blokes who have put up amazing numbers but that's it...

Sad to see AR12 sullying his packers history the same way (although no7 will take some beating)

3 hours ago, Bob in Denny said:

Like Favre before him, he's gone all important..

His life has been a car crash the last few years..

Two blokes who have put up amazing numbers but that's it...

Sad to see AR12 sullying his packers history the same way (although no7 will take some beating)

Hopefully Rodgers won't completely copy Favre and steal millions of dollars from the poor 

It would be objectively funny if the Packers refused to trade him to the Jets now. 

Bills have signed Kyle Allen to backup Josh Allen and some fans are getting mad that Josh might have to put J in front of the Allen on the back of his jersey. People get mad so easily these days. 

Delighted with this. He completely outperformed his contract last season and interior pass-rushers who can also hold their ground against the run are worth their weight in gold. Really surprised he wasn't signed away on monday or tuesday.

He will always be a Chargers legend for making Jerry Tillery totally expendable.

49ers pick up former first rounder Clelin Ferrell from the Raiders. I like this move a lot. As I said earlier in the thread SF have made a habitat of picking up DLs who maybe haven't hit the heights they should have and turning them around (e.g. the aforementioned Key and Ominehu). Obviously playing alongside absolutele beasts like Bosa and Armstead helps no doubt but I am sure Ferrell can elevate his performances and get a good move in a year. Interestingly, he was drafted two places behind Bosa in the 2019 draft.

Isaiah Oliver also moves to Santa Clara from the Falcons on a 2 year deal.

Finally, Stephen A thinks the Niners should go all in on Lamar Jackson offering lance, players and picks to get him. I doubt that's going to happen somehow but I guess in amongst all this wheeling and dealing we do get some silly stuff to enjoy as well :lol:

This is both surprising and totally unsurprising at the same time. The guy never once looked like a player who actually wanted to play in the NFL. Called out by his own coaches in his rookie season for showing no apparent desire to get healthy and get on the field, then stunk to high heaven in two of the three seasons he did play. 

Really puts the final nail in the Chargers utterly horrendous 2019 draft. How Telesco still escapes criticism is beyond me. This pick I could understand because of his college play, but Tillery was an obvious bust waiting to happen and spending your 3rd round pick on an OT who was such a project he only finally figured it out in year 4 is, and was at the time, inexcusable.

LAC should be all over John Johnson because he's the perfect FS for this D and they have the money to sign him.

36 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Packers apparently want a 1st Round pick and more.

I reckon they get a 2nd Round pick and Conditional 4th Round pick. 

Maybe Elijah Moore if they're lucky.

As much as I don't rate him, I think there's a legit case to be made that if GB are demanding the equivalent of 2 1st round picks for a 39 year old drama queen who is in obvious decline as a player, prevaricates every single fucking offseason about what he wants to do, and comes with a massive salary, then you just chuck the same at Baltimore and sign Lamar Jackson. At least if you give LJ a 3-4 year deal he's likely to be around for most of it, and the Jets are solid enough that they will still be a playoff team despite sub-par QB play. They won't win shag all with Rodgers either, so it's just a question of value, drama, and money.