Free Agency 2023

peasy23

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

I’m happy enough with that Meyers signing, that’s cheaper than I thought he’d be. Adams, Meyers, Renfrow, Waller - no excuses for Jimmy G in terms of weapons…

Yeah, since they tagged Jacobs there's no real lack of skill position talent, they could really do with addressing the OL though.

10 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Yeah, since they tagged Jacobs there's no real lack of skill position talent, they could really do with addressing the OL though.

Aye Jacobs as well, forgot him.

But having a bunch of pretty weapons is pointless if 3/5 of your OL is utter mince. And the defense is still a disgrace.

Questionable signing priorities from this regime doesn’t surprise me though.

20 hours ago, Raidernation said:

f**k! 🙄

Actually like it for the Black and Silver. Jimmy G isn’t a superstar, but you ask him to be a steady QB and IF he stays healthy, he’ll deliver. A good passer with good weapons in Vegas, and now the odds lengthened for the Raiders, so it’s time to put a little money down. Plus, relatively inexpensive and no draft picks traded.

3 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Never understood the point of these 6th & 7th round pick swaps. That deep in the draft is a total crapshoot, and the value difference is negligible. It's just a dick-swinging exercise so that the office can turn around and say 'at least we got something out of it'. Just trade the player for 'future considerations' or some other made up shit

It’s not giving away a player for nothing. Every team hangs onto relatively inexpensive position players to get a few draft picks here and there. Yea, it’s a crap shoot, but every 6th and 7th round has a gem or two…worth the spin.

30 minutes ago, TxRover said:

It’s not giving away a player for nothing. Every team hangs onto relatively inexpensive position players to get a few draft picks here and there. Yea, it’s a crap shoot, but every 6th and 7th round has a gem or two…worth the spin.

I was talking specifically about swaps of picks in the 6th and 7th, not 'giving away' a player.

4 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I’m happy enough with that Meyers signing, that’s cheaper than I thought he’d be. Adams, Meyers, Renfrow, Waller - no excuses for Jimmy G in terms of weapons…

Hud the bus...

Waller trade to the Giants imminent :lol:

At this rate Adams is going to legit see about 400 targets

8 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I was talking specifically about swaps of picks in the 6th and 7th, not 'giving away' a player.

Sorry, it seemed you were talking about the trade of a player for a 6th or 7th round pick, my bad.

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

pick #100 for Waller. Not sure how I feel about that. On talent it seems like a bit of a steal, but he is going to be 31 this season and he's missed a lot of games down the years.

Aye, it’s probably fair for both sides.

Waller is injury prone and doesn’t really seem to care, but his talent is clearly above that of a 3rd rounder. If the Giants get a healthy, motivated Waller then they’ll win the trade. I’m just not sure if that’s actually what they’ll get.