Free Agency 2023

peasy23

Only real point of interest is the Ravens. I think it's obvious it's slowly dawned on them what a lot of other people recognise, that they are never going to win anything with a mediocre pocket passer and therefore are unwilling to pay Jackson like an elite QB, but I think they are trapped in that hellish scenario of him still being better than just about any viable alternative that is immediately available to them. I.E. the Cousins/Carr paradox, and the idiotic blind alley the Cards have driven themselves up by caving into Murray.

TBH, I don't think their obvious reluctance is just based on Jackson's 'now' ability either. He's 26 years old and already carrying massive injury baggage. It's not just the concern that he can't stay healthy, so much of his game is entirely about his athleticism, so you could be potentially tying yourself to a 45-50 million dollar a year QB, who, in 2-3 years time has stayed perfectly injury-free, but has such depleted athletic capability that you are lumbered with a guy who is both mediocre in the pocket, and no longer offers any threat to break out of it either. A more egregious RGIII situation. Yeah, screw that if I'm the Ravens. I'm using the non-exclusive Tag this season, and again next if I have to. 

Edited by Boo Khaki

If I'm the Gints I probably go the non-exclusive route with Jones as well. I think if you can watch him for one more season and he steps it up another notch, then both sides come back to the table this time next year and are in a stronger position. Jones to demand his money, and NYG to feel more secure giving him it.

7 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

If I'm the Gints I probably go the non-exclusive route with Jones as well. I think if you can watch him for one more season and he steps it up another notch, then both sides come back to the table this time next year and are in a stronger position. Jones to demand his money, and NYG to feel more secure giving him it.

Sounds like Ravens may do similar. 

Probably a bit worried about him having injuries in each of the last 2 seasons as well.

Think if someone matched Ravens tag offer, they could either offer more to keep him themselves, or would get 2 1st Round Picks for him 🤔 

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Carr to the Saints.

Always thought that signing made sense if they could sort the finances to fit into NO’s dodgy cap situation.

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

Should spice Jimmy G's market up because the Saints were nowhere near the top of the 'absolutely desperate for a QB' pile, so there are going to be a lot of eager teams around when the tampering period opens.

Nightmare for the Jets, Panthers and Indy(?). Aaron’s price just went up, and the Bears value for their one/one is increasing even more.

Will be interesting to see how the Saints structure the deal to make it work.

12 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Giants sign up Jones for 4 years with 82 mil of that guaranteed and Tag Saquon. 

Woof. 

So we will have about £4.50 to spend on the rest of the roster

Im happy we have tied down Jones but there’s no way I think he is worth 40 million a year