The Bairns Vs Peterheid

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’m going to say something wild here but looking at McGuffies first goal on the highlights and luckily being able to say I was present in the stands for both, I think McGuffies goal is better that Stainrods. He had to control it and hit it on the volley, plus he was a tiny bit further out. Both were belters though but that’s just my opinion.

Stainrods for me was an actual shot and was rising going in the net as far as I remember, I think that sets it apart for me. 

The halfway type shots are generally a golf shot towards the goal, Stainrod's for me will always be different, by fuk taking corners outside of the foot...we were blessed

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

If I recall Gods was from a near stationary ball, both brilliant strikes but McGuffies first touch was sublime. Some supporters will go through a lifetime and never see one like McGuffies, privileged to have seen two.

Aldridge pre season friendly ?

59 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Stainrods for me was an actual shot and was rising going in the net as far as I remember, I think that sets it apart for me. 

The halfway type shots are generally a golf shot towards the goal, Stainrod's for me will always be different, by fuk taking corners outside of the foot...we were blessed

That's what I always remember....the fact that it was still rising when it hit the net.....well that & Lyndsey Hamilton scrambling back in his pink goalie outfit ....but yes great composure & picked his spot....which sounds ridiculous from your own half

Edited by Hugh Hillshaveyes

My memory of it was Stainrod hit it a fair skelp but it was on the downslope as it sailed over Hamiltons waving arms and into the net. Both were absolutely sensational goals and as a fanbase we have been blessed to have witnessed both.

Queue some tap in from one of the ugly sisters getting goal of the season.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

My memory of it was Stainrod hit it a fair skelp but it was on the downslope as it sailed over Hamiltons waving arms and into the net. Both were absolutely sensational goals and as a fanbase we have been blessed to have witnessed both.

Queue some tap in from one of the ugly sisters getting goal of the season.

Yep. I just asked my St J supporting brother who was there for his memories. He was still celebrating, but agrees with me and recalls it going over LH who was well off his line and dipping into the net.

My memory of Stainrod’s goal was of the ball being a foot or so inside the St J half. McGuffie’s goal is easily the longest range goal I have ever seen. He was still 5 yards or so inside his own half.

Even the constantly celebrated Beckham goal against Neil Sullivan (?) was pretty much on the half way line.

Mcguffies goal was an absolute joy to watch. However, what noone has mentioned is the weather when stainrod scored was appalling, his shot was also hit from the deck into driving wind and rain and as Harry kinnear said sailed over the goalies head and from memory rolled down the net with the water spraying from the net. It was an awful day even at the back of the stand we got soaked. Without a doubt the best goal I've ever seen or likely will see, given the distance, technical ability required, timing (straight after their goal) and the weather.

44 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Mcguffies goal was an absolute joy to watch. However, what noone has mentioned is the weather when stainrod scored was appalling, his shot was also hit from the deck into driving wind and rain and as Harry kinnear said sailed over the goalies head and from memory rolled down the net with the water spraying from the net. It was an awful day even at the back of the stand we got soaked. Without a doubt the best goal I've ever seen or likely will see, given the distance, technical ability required, timing (straight after their goal) and the weather.

This.

The downside to that goal was that I had BPM jumping all over my back.

On 28/02/2023 at 10:42, SouthStander1876 said:

Think he may make 1 or 2 more changes, think Wright might get a start to save Oliver for the Pars and Ayr. Injuries always a bigger risk against lower teams in the division. Also wouldn't be surprised to see McKay in over Mackie after a couple heart-in-mouth moments on Saturday. I was also thinking 4-0 AND we'll get our first pen of the season, Morrison to miss.

So, so close

On 05/03/2023 at 09:42, MrDust said:

I wasn't at McDiarmid Park to see God's goal but the only other goal I've seen in the flesh from the halfway line was Aldridge for Tranmere at Brockville on the same night Jefferies left for Hearts. I remember the full stadium (as full as it could be for a friendly) applauding it.