Heart of Midlothian v The Better Saints

Ginnelly should really play against us even half fit, as he seems to have a stormer and score, or assist, every time we face you lot.

On 01/03/2023 at 14:21, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

This is quietly a massive game for us.  We've a tricky runcoming up and 3 points here maintains a good buffer going into that.  Lose and the teams below us can close the gap to an uncomfortable level.

Performance levels have been below par so getting 3 points tucked away here with a good display would be very nice thank you.

1-1 draw it is.

On 03/03/2023 at 07:52, Kyle Reese said:

Summed up well for me. Although I think we will bounce back after the Motherwell shitshow and get the three points. I also think this could be when our nearest rival’s purple patch comes to an end. Lead in third back up to a reasonable seven points hopefully.

Agree. We'll get pumped midweek then Aberdeen away is a bit of a toss-up, so three points today is big.

Don't win today and we could suddenly find ourselves in a THIRD-PLACE TITLE RACE!!!!

Still think we'll finish third, but failing to win today leaves it open to legitimate question in a way it really shouldn't be.

9 hours ago, DC92 said:

Not happening unfortunately.

Rowles for Hill, Gino for Humphrys and maybe Grant for Devlin and that'll be it I suspect.

Aye I don't disagree,  especially after Neilson's pre match press conference comments. Just sick of the sight of it, especially at home.

Wonder if Davidson will learn from Ginnelly playing and peeling on the shoulder of especially Considine and Hearts then regularly finding him in those wide channel areas 1v1 with the uncomfortable central defender.

Will put money on the same happen for the 3rd (or 4th?) game against Hearts in a row though 🤷‍♂️

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

45 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Wonder if Davidson will learn from Ginnelly playing and peeling on the shoulder of especially Considine and Hearts then regularly finding him in those wide channel areas 1v1 with the uncomfortable central defender.

Will put money on the same happen for the 3rd (or 4th?) game against Hearts in a row though 🤷‍♂️

He seems to have a new fetish (used three times) of playing a back four against teams who’ll likely play with three up front. So hopefully lessons have been learned

Edited by PSJ.84

Last game against Hearts we were hopeless for the first 20 minutes because the team selection was totally wrong. Once Hallberg was forced off through injury we got the right team on the park and were far better and could quite easily have taken something from the game. Hopefully there's something to be learned from that...

21 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Last game against Hearts we were hopeless for the first 20 minutes because the team selection was totally wrong. Once Hallberg was forced off through injury we got the right team on the park and were far better and could quite easily have taken something from the game. Hopefully there's something to be learned from that...

I suspect not. Annoyingly this is a game I would have liked to see wee max make an appearance, match energy with energy.

Should be a back 4 I think with but it's surely going to be along the lines of;

Remi
Wright  Brown Gordon Mitchell  Montgomery                
                  Hallberg  McPherson
              Clarke      May    Murphy  

Looking forward to the day out but can't see a win being likely, neither do the bookies it seems.

Saints to lose by 2, Shankland both, one a penalty.

ETA looking at the positives, he can't bring on Ali Crawford.

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

Have a bad feeling about this one, hopefully I'm wrong. Hopefully Gino starts and Humphrys comes off the bench as he always has a good impact as a sub.

3 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

👍

7 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Looks like 4-3-3 for us today? Clark out completely.

Hopefully that rather than the 5-2-3 I suspect it is.

I'm assuming Considine is injured?

Edited by nelsjfc

4 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Outnumbering our midfield is usually a pretty successful way to nullify us so that's a sensible move if so.

25 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

On 02/03/2023 at 11:15, RandomGuy. said:

Sure i seen there was talk of "changing the system" because Phillips is out.

So...

Wright - Mitchell - Gordon - Considine - Montgomery 

Carey - MacPherson - Hallberg - McLennan

May

Itll be this.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Itll be this.

Literally just seen Considine is out.

Logic dictates

Brown - Mitchell - Gordon - Montgomery

Wright/McLennan out wide, then MacPherson/Hallberg/Carey central with May up front.

Suspect its still 3-4-3 with Brown at LCB like v Utd and Carey/McLennan either side of May.