Ross County v Motherwell - Kettlewell Derby (04/03/22)

If anyone from the club is reading this, please ensure there is sufficient Staggie Pies this weekend. I was livid when I rocked up at the counter at 2:55pm last weekend only to be told they’d ran out. I was then forced into buying a haggis pie, which was mediocre at best. In fact, it put a dampener on a day which was otherwise, glorious. 

Anyhow, six pointer, got a lot of time for Kettlewell - blah blah blah. Two teams in pretty decent shape. We’ve started picking up points again at home. Motherwell are decent on the road. 1-1 draw me thinks. Discuss…

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Kettlewell’s Kessockshire Klassic, surely?

Would take a point, but a win would be glorious.  Hopefully Kettlewell sets Motherwell out to play like his County teams did.  

How did he set his County teams out to play?

7 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Not very well for the most part, was the joke I was trying to make.   

I bare no ill-will to Kettlewell - or Motherwell - and I’m sure he’ll get a great reception.  It’s just that by the end of his time, County were absolutely dreadful.  

Kettlewell's time with us as manager in the top flight can be summarised in the phrase 'poor in both boxes' There were games where you'd leave thinking we were well in the game but we'd been beat 3-0 and missed sitters. Every team is prone to a game like that but it became a constant with the team.

That being said I can see it being a good game on Saturday. Both teams seem totally re-energized since having a strike partnership. 

I'm gonna go for 2-1 County with Brophy and Dhanda scoring for us and Spittal scoring an inevitable screamer.

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Start 4-5-1/4-3-3.

If going badly, go 4-4-2. If this fails, go 4-2-4 with wingers pushed out wide, but not very wide (unless BIlly Mckay felt liking fighting umpreen battles for a powderpuff midfield).

Ketts deserves a warm welcome, was a cracking player for us and won a league/cup double. 

The game? If Kenneh, Dhanda, White and Brophy start I fancy us to nick a 2-1.

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Kettlewell’s Kessockshire Klassic, surely?

Would take a point, but a win would be glorious.  Hopefully Kettlewell sets Motherwell out to play like his County teams did.  

Should probably just abbreviate that, it’s a bit of a mouthful. 

I’ve have the fear for Saturday a bit. I can’t see is winning in Dingwall three times in a row.

County’s recent skuddings of United and Killie will have them confident they can claim the three points.

I can’t make it as I’m working. I really miss the haggis pies up there.

3 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

If anyone from the club is reading this, please ensure there is sufficient Staggie Pies this weekend. I was livid when I rocked up at the counter at 2:55pm last weekend only to be told they’d ran out. I was then forced into buying a haggis pie, which was mediocre at best. In fact, it put a dampener on a day which was otherwise, glorious. 

Anyhow, six pointer, got a lot of time for Kettlewell - blah blah blah. Two teams in pretty decent shape. We’ve started picking up points again at home. Motherwell are decent on the road. 1-1 draw me thinks. Discuss…

Tell me more about the Staggie Pies, what is in them?

5 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Yip, catering has gone markedly downhill since start of season. The hot chocolate is just tepid brown water. Last week they had no bovril.

At least under Kettlewell’s rein the food was hot and the drinks plentiful. (Much like Mussolini and the Italian rail system). Ketts is a County legend, and I look forward to him bringing his team up on Saturday.
2-1 County

Dingwall's Highland location and cold climate this time of year means it must have a high proportion of wood sheds to keep the locals warm. If we can locate the one we took them to on our last visit again, that would be just grand.

16 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Yip, catering has gone markedly downhill since start of season. The hot chocolate is just tepid brown water. Last week they had no bovril.

At least under Kettlewell’s rein the food was hot and the drinks plentiful. (Much like Mussolini and the Italian rail system). Ketts is a County legend, and I look forward to him bringing his team up on Saturday.
2-1 County

They ran out of milk on Saturday as well, so got powdered shite that clumped together perfectly in the coffee. Would have been better with cottage cheese.

20 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I’ve have the fear for Saturday a bit. I can’t see is winning in Dingwall three times in a row.

Scottish football is built on big daft lop-sided records.

Hibs getting doings of Hearts, Aberdeen undefeated at Rugby Park in about 25 years, Accies consistently bodying us at Hamilton Sainsbury's.

Everyone just beats the same teams every year.

18 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Scottish football is built on big daft lop-sided records.

Hibs getting doings of Hearts, Aberdeen undefeated at Rugby Park in about 25 years, Accies consistently bodying us at Hamilton Sainsbury's.

Everyone just beats the same teams every year.

Mental to me that Martindale never managed to mastermind a win against either Alexander or Hammell 

17 hours ago, Stevie Kirk said:

I can’t make this one. Can I stream the match via Motherwell TV using VPN or can I buy a stream from Ross County? 

County don’t do any streams anymore, so your best bet would probably be the VPN job if Motherwell are providing a stream. 

I reckon Brophy, White and Dhanda will give our back line a tough test today - nice bit of balance and range of styles in those 3.

Expect we’ll be unchanged given results since Kettlewell came in. Maybe slightly harsh on Slattery who’s done well in his last few sub appearances but not sure today is the right time to see if we can get the Slattery/Goss/Spittal midfield to work after how awful and unbalanced they looked under Hammell. Hopefully see Blaney and Mandron back on the bench for some more options. 

Big opportunity for us to open up a nice gap to those below us (assuming Killie lose at Ibrox) but I’ve got the fear a bit. 2-1 County.