Title race

Well the last game of the season couldn't be set up better - in terms of the encounter being a decider, I'm not talking about the venue or ticket allocation.

I would have loved to have gone to this game. 

Anyway, both teams can determine their fate. I don't think this will produce a classic encounter, though one team will not be able to settle for a draw, so you never know. 

'mon eh Queen's!

Queens Park to now draw with Morton.

Final game to see both sides miss 2 penalties each, score own goals, and draw.

Dundee promoted on goal difference with the most muted title celebrations the Championship has ever seen.

41 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Queens Park to now draw with Morton.

Final game to see both sides miss 2 penalties each, score own goals, and draw.

Dundee promoted on goal difference with the most muted title celebrations the Championship has ever seen.

Not so Dundee would be promoted by having one point more than QP.

8 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

Not so Dundee would be promoted by having one point more than QP.

Me no math gud.

Genuine question here as I don’t even know where to begin guessing.  

At a guess how much extra income is there from being in the top flight compared to the Championship v how much extra cost in bringing in players that stand even half a chance of keeping Dundee or QP up next season?

From a purely financial point of view would promotion be more of a headache / gamble with finances for the owners of Dundee / QP?

2 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Genuine question here as I don’t even know where to begin guessing.  

At a guess how much extra income is there from being in the top flight compared to the Championship v how much extra cost in bringing in players that stand even half a chance of keeping Dundee or QP up next season?

From a purely financial point of view would promotion be more of a headache / gamble with finances for the owners of Dundee / QP?

think its sizeable, as in a minimum +£1M of a difference, if not more. relative to any Championship club thats a huge increase in turnover.

i think i kinda get your logic a bit in that it'll increase fan expectations, but id say it falls into "a nice headache to have" rather than "oh shit, we're still trying to run a professional football club here and are projecting a loss of £X over the next year, f**k, what do we do". also probably less shame in being the newly promoted team and falling right back down automatically than failing to go up and then potentially having another couple of top flight clubs going down automatically & through the playoffs to contend with next season, who may also be dragged into the shitfest but can end up doing a County/Killie and grinding their way back up straight away.

On 22/04/2023 at 17:46, Zanetti said:

This has actually made me feel slightly more confident going into next week than before. Despite the fact that we've been poor for weeks now, Dougie Imrie is a fraud (not to mention a complete rocket) and it's unlikely that fluke of a streak continues. Thank you.

maradona-two.gif.46afe5f461125730f583f811432a30ed.gif

Eight games unbeaten against the fraudulent 'title challengers' and 10 points from 12 against your rancid Govanhill Gretna outfit. 

Thank you

IMG-20220313-WA0007.jpg.1358f3462ffdd4f170519b480b520fca.jpg

4 hours ago, virginton said:

maradona-two.gif.46afe5f461125730f583f811432a30ed.gif

Eight games unbeaten against the fraudulent 'title challengers' and 10 points from 12 against your rancid Govanhill Gretna outfit. 

Thank you

IMG-20220313-WA0007.jpg.1358f3462ffdd4f170519b480b520fca.jpg

You know what, I'm feeling generous today. We were absolutely brutal so I'll give you that one. 

The fact that we're still just a single victory away from winning this league is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Liam899 said:

The fact that it’s between dundee and queens last game is an awful indictment on the rest of the league. Where the hell have you all been? We’ve both hardly won a game in weeks 🙈

A draw on Friday to go up would mean promotion on the back of failing to win 5 of our last 6 games. Says a lot about how pish everyone is (and I dont rate ourselves too well).