Free Charles.

1 hour ago, P and B Official Hamster said:

Na it's too early. Need to wait until @Richey Edwards is trying to sleep.

See if he’ll leave your cage open and you can ride it to Paisley to this dozy git’s place. Rodent Claridge’s by the sound of it 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/i-treat-spoiled-hamsters-luxurious-29393815?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

See if he’ll leave your cage open and you can ride it to Paisley to this dozy git’s place. Rodent Claridge’s by the sound of it 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/i-treat-spoiled-hamsters-luxurious-29393815?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

P-Bovvy is happy to get some chopped up cucumber and lettuce. Don't show her that.

On 06/03/2023 at 21:01, carpetmonster said:

I take it if he gets out and joins P&B nobody’s gonna dig him up about the jobby flinging bit? 

Of course he’ll get dug up about it. Then when he explodes and tries to arrange a meet, he’ll be directed to 12 Ruel Street. I feel his mother is unlikely to be able to attend. RIP?

8 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Oot for the weekend 🍻

Back in for Monday 😂

Day release at a Dundee cement mixing company is what he needs. Show him the ropes and  real life experiences.

He could kip at @Bigmouth Strikes Again for convenience. 

He'll be the Arabs new manager by the end of the month.

Edited by SlipperyP

Funny feeling they might opt to send him to an 'open' prison, though the shrink said that in her opinion he's not quite ready for that yet.

Either way, I suspect that if he is not released he may well demonstrate that this idea of him being a reformed character is somewhat wide of the mark. 

20 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Funny feeling they might opt to send him to an 'open' prison, though the shrink said that in her opinion he's not quite ready for that yet.

Either way, I suspect that if he is not released he may well demonstrate that this idea of him being a reformed character is somewhat wide of the mark. 

It's actually an embarrassment for the prison service.

Say what you want about any criminal and their crime, however, in a civilised country like the UK, being incarcerated to a degree is to be reformed back into society. This has clearly not happened in this case.  

Sure the prisoner has to go by the rules, to be released. In this scenario, both parties have failed big time.

Yeah, he's as big an indictment of the prison system as I can think of, and I don't think you necessarily detract from the fact he is undeniably a troubled, violent, problematic character himself by saying that.

I find him fascinating because of the extreme polarity of his persona. On the one hand, he's articulate and erudite, and makes clear, cogent, and coherent points about the barbarity of the system, some of the things he's been subjected to as a result of it, and how that has ultimately affected him, then there are the criminal behaviours and acts, his own barbarism, the disturbed personality, the evidence of mental illness and personality disorder etc etc. He's discordant, puzzling, contradictory, and enigmatic. There are moments where I genuinely laugh out loud at his wit and he seems almost an endearing character, then there are plenty other moments where it's self-evident he's a violent, dangerous, narcissist.

It's difficult not to have a degree of empathy for him considering he's been locked up for the best part of 50 years, but at the same time it's difficult to reconcile those feelings with knowing what he's done to other human beings down the years.

Edited by Boo Khaki

2 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Yeah, he's as big an indictment of the prison system as I can think of, and I don't think you necessarily detract from the fact he is undeniably a troubled, violent, problematic character himself by saying that.

I find him fascinating because of the extreme polarity of his persona. On the one hand, he's articulate and erudite, and makes clear, cogent, and coherent points about the barbarity of the system, some of the things he's been subjected to as a result of it, and how that has ultimately affected him, then there's the criminal behaviours and acts, his own barbarism, the disturbed personality, the evidence of mental illness and personality disorder etc etc. He's discordant, puzzling, contradictory, and enigmatic. There are moments where I genuinely laugh out loud at his wit and he seems almost an endearing character, then there are plenty other moments where it's self-evident he's a violent, dangerous, narcissist.

It's difficult not to have a degree of empathy for him considering he's been locked up for the best part of 50 years, but at the same time it's difficult to reconcile those feelings with knowing what he's done to other human beings down the years.

You will see this in most long timers, they have f**k all else to do but read. Many, will educate themselves on the system to a point they know more than the actual system.

I watched the death row doc with Trevor McDonald, they were all the same. very good watch if you have time.

• 3 weeks later...

And they said no,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-65112410

Main gist,

Notorious prisoner Charles Bronson has lost his latest bid to be freed from jail, the Parole Board has said.

The decision came after one of the UK's longest-serving prisoners - who changed his surname to Salvador in 2014 - took part in one of the country's first public parole hearings.

Bronson, 70, from Luton, was jailed aged 22 for armed robbery in 1974.

The Parole Board said it "was not satisfied that Mr Salvador was suitable for release" from prison.

Bronson, who is currently held at HMP Woodhill in Milton Keynes, has earned a reputation as a violent and dangerous inmate.

In a document detailing the decision, the Parole Board said: "After considering the circumstances of his offending, the progress that Mr Salvador has made while in custody and the evidence presented at the hearings, the panel was not satisfied that Mr Salvador was suitable for release.

"Nor did the panel recommend to the Secretary of State that he should be transferred to an open prison."