The Caley 🔵🔴 🦅 v Falkirk 🔵⚪️

Seen comment earlier that the atmosphere was shite cause you could hear the players, was this guy watching the same game?? Just rewatching it now and it sounded even better on TV than it did being there! For all the crowd wanking could barely hear a peep from Falkirk all game.

There will be more real passion in that two sets of fans yesterday than in all the plastics and glory hunting mutants today, that for sure.

13 hours ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Great to see the cheats getting pumped.

Looking forward to the made up plastic club getting thrashed in the final 

Good that a St Mirren player will be in this season’s Scottish Cup Final. Hope he loses though, opens up an extra European spot for the mighty Buddies

And sad as though it is, a cup final win for the OF over the made up plastic club will be meaningless to them. I hate to see other non OF achieve any success. 

I’m a c**t, I know 

Sounds like a silly wee boy that's just discovered masturbation.

6 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Seen comment earlier that the atmosphere was shite cause you could hear the players, was this guy watching the same game?? Just rewatching it now and it sounded even better on TV than it did being there! For all the crowd wanking could barely hear a peep from Falkirk all game.

There will be more real passion in that two sets of fans yesterday than in all the plastics and glory hunting mutants today, that for sure.

I thought that a lot of the Falkirk fans couldn't wait to get home and watch their dogs chewing carrots, probably more entertaining than than watching their team.

4 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I thought that a lot of the Falkirk fans couldn't wait to get home and watch their dogs chewing carrots, probably more entertaining than than watching their team.

Aye - we lost 3-0 in a semi-final in 2019 and I don’t remember an exodus anything like that lot yesterday!

Really enjoyed the craic with the Falkirk fans on the train to Mount Florida. Really good atmosphere during the game. I thought Falkirk dominated a lot of the ball without threatening much until Ridgers decided to make the game more ‘interesting’. He looked really nervous. Thought Kai Kennedy saw a lot of the ball but in unthreatening places and for the whole our defence looked solid. We looked good on the break and Shaw really grew into that game. He reminds me of Ted McMinn! Great day out and the singing section were immense. 
Good luck to Falkirk in the playoffs - a good footballing team that would definitely improve the Championship! 

39 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye a game from years ago definitely makes up for losing yesterday for you, and our title win is somehow insignificant etc etc.

You're fooling absolutely no one.

Seems it STILL burns for the #fools?🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Batting for the bigot twins in order to try and score imaginary points off Falkirk is a grim look, even for you m8. 

Not batting for them at all but the comment was daft. 

ETA - There is no way you are telling me that Falkirk vs Caley is a bigger game than Celtic vs Rangers would be in a semi. Or bigger than Falkirk vs Dunfermline would be in a semi final? Or Kilmarnock vs Ayr? 

Are you? 

Edited by Sortmeout

4 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

ETA - There is no way you are telling me that Falkirk vs Caley is a bigger game than Celtic vs Rangers would be in a semi. Or bigger than Falkirk vs Dunfermline would be in a semi final? Or Kilmarnock vs Ayr? 

Are you? 

Il let the poster clarify if they want to, but I took it to be a more general commentary. One which is pretty common on here and one which I totally agree with, generally speaking

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

We stayed behind to clap and sing the players off the park

2 hours ago, Ott said:

Really enjoyed the craic with the Falkirk fans on the train to Mount Florida. Really good atmosphere during the game. I thought Falkirk dominated a lot of the ball without threatening much until Ridgers decided to make the game more ‘interesting’. He looked really nervous. Thought Kai Kennedy saw a lot of the ball but in unthreatening places and for the whole our defence looked solid. We looked good on the break and Shaw really grew into that game. He reminds me of Ted McMinn! Great day out and the singing section were immense. 
Good luck to Falkirk in the playoffs - a good footballing team that would definitely improve the Championship! 

Very fair assessment of the game. 

Having watched the highlights it's obvious that Caley are a better team than us. That being said, even when you get beaten by a better team (unless it's by a cricket score) there are always "what if" moments.

We missed two open goals. We had at least two free headers put straight at their keeper. We had a real chance at the back post in the second half and put it wide when it looked easier to score.

You cannot miss chances like that against a better team and expect a result. Caley took their chances well and were very efficient. I can't even remember them misplacing many passes. The finishes for both their open play goals were very good, particularly the second one.

You can argue all day about whether it would have been a penalty without VAR but in fairness all VAR does is allow them to correctly interpret the rules around handball. It's the rules that are shambolic, not VAR itself.

Fair play to Caley and good luck in the final. Any club deserves support against either of the bigot brothers.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game yesterday and thought every Caley player put in a great shift. The atmosphere in Glasgow was great and even had a good laugh with some Falkirk fans in the pub. 

Thought we completely controlled the game and the Falkirk midfield struggled to get to grips with Welsh and Allardice at times. I would hope we’ve offered Jay Henderson silly amounts of money to sign on next season as I’ve never seen a player at our level put balls into the box like he does. Danny Mackay turned up big time and was excellent throughout, same with Shaw who was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet. Defence was solid enough apart from a couple lapses. Billy Mckay was great as he always is. 

Had no idea about the handball at the time, looking at it back it’s a penalty under the current rules but for me it shouldn’t be a penalty. Falkirk were very similar to Mcglynns Raith sides in that they played some nice football but could never beat us. 

Not feeling hopeful of our chances against either of the Old Firm but anything can happen in the cup

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Having watched the highlights it's obvious that Caley are a better team than us. That being said, even when you get beaten by a better team (unless it's by a cricket score) there are always "what if" moments.

We missed two open goals. We had at least two free headers put straight at their keeper. We had a real chance at the back post in the second half and put it wide when it looked easier to score.

You cannot miss chances like that against a better team and expect a result. Caley took their chances well and were very efficient. I can't even remember them misplacing many passes. The finishes for both their open play goals were very good, particularly the second one.

You can argue all day about whether it would have been a penalty without VAR but in fairness all VAR does is allow them to correctly interpret the rules around handball. It's the rules that are shambolic, not VAR itself.

Fair play to Caley and good luck in the final. Any club deserves support against either of the bigot brothers.

The best 'if only' post I've read in a long time.

3 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Are you? 

Kilmarnock Vs Ayr isn’t even the biggest derby in Ayrshire 

Surprisingly easy. The early goal settled nerves and although Falkirk dominated for long periods after that I didn't feel overly concerned apart from Ridgers almighty f'ck up that really should have seen Falkirk draw level. With the second goal just before the break we were on easy street. A really great cross and finish for our third to seal things. I did feel that Falkirk probably deserved a goal but when Oliver missed that chance with Devine heading clear whilst on his stomach it was clear they were never going to get on the scoresheet.

Obviously the entire team deserves praise but I thought Allardice and Mckay were excellent yesterday. The absolute standouts for me. Some shaky moments at the back which we will not get away with against Celtic.

As mentioned Falkirk fans were good natured before / after the game. Did feel for them a little shifting all those tickets and then watching that performance.

Seems to me that McGlynn is fairly easy to read in terms if tactics. ICT were happy to let Falkirk have a lot of the ball, knowing that they'd do little with it. Reminds me of our win at Grangemouth earlier in the season, although yesterday ICT had more of the ball and Falkirk actually had a couple of chances that should have resulted in a goal.

10 minutes ago, RiG said:

Did feel for them a little shifting all those tickets and then watching that performance.

My ticket was bought very much in hope and certainly not in expectation. Thought the players pretty much gave their all but just didn't have enough in them, I'd be reluctant to criticise any of them.