How popular is your name

1 hour ago, Swarley said:

Everyone is called after characters from tv shows, like Khalessi, Arya etc

Four girls called Wednesday (1995, 2001, 2003 & 2022)

Nothing says "awwww" like being named after the creepy kid in the Addams family. 

There have been 11 kids born with the first name 'J' since 1990. Not an abbreviation of anything; just 'J'.

I looked this up because my son had one of them at his primary school. Predictably, he was an arse.

(and so was J, ha ha)

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

Four girls called Wednesday (1995, 2001, 2003 & 2022)

Nothing says "awwww" like being named after the creepy kid in the Addams family. 

In the wake of all these Netflix serial killer docs, I wonder if we'll see an uptick in kids being named 'Jeffrey' and 'Ted' in the coming years.

Edited by BTFD
Hedgecutter

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Expecting a massive increase in Humza MacGlincheys next year.

Nicola is less popular than ever, while support for Alex is holding up after a boom around 2010.

Calling all ABLA posters!  :P

5 hours ago, jagfox said:

They've all peaked too, by the looks of things.

And thus are working their way through schools now. Our latest fad names will pop up in 5-10 years with every class having still having two Jack’s and Olivia’s, but adding a couple of Noah’s and Emily’s to the mix. The more fun names down the list are gems like Arabella, Orla, Mirren, Ruaridh, Lachlan and Struan.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

And thus are working their way through schools now. Our latest fad names will pop up in 5-10 years with every class having still having two Jack’s and Olivia’s, but adding a couple of Noah’s and Emily’s to the mix. The more fun names down the list are gems like Arabella, Orla, Mirren, Ruaridh, Lachlan and Struan.

Struan's a proper Tory name

5 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Struan's a proper Tory name

I've never known an Arabella who wasn't a posh bird.

But let's be honest here, Struan's no less Tory than any of the other names in that wee list. Even the St Mirren fans seem to have a higher-than-average ratio, somehow.

35 minutes ago, BTFD said:

I've never known an Arabella who wasn't a posh bird.

But let's be honest here, Struan's no less Tory than any of the other names in that wee list. Even the St Mirren fans seem to have a higher-than-average ratio, somehow.

I ken a former East Fife player with a daughter called Mirren. Occupation postie. A former player I coached at boys' club level was called Ruaridh. He got my name tattooed on his arse for some reason. Pretty certain he's not a Tory. 

15 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I ken a former East Fife player with a daughter called Mirren. Occupation postie. A former player I coached at boys' club level was called Ruaridh. He got my name tattooed on his arse for some reason. Pretty certain he's not a Tory. 

I've actually met a few Ruaridhs lately, so that's the only one that seems plausibly more popular to me.

Getting your coach's name tattooed on your arse is total Tory behaviour!  :P