Partick thistle vs Queens park

4 hours ago, qpfc said:

That was just appalling in every aspect. For 80% of the season we had an arrogance that we would always out score the opposition but not only has that mindset died off slightly, it’s completely vanished. Murray leaving is a big factor but I just cannot excuse some of the individual performances of some players.

Another gutless display by Savoury who when on his game is a smashing player but equally is like a man down when off it. Dom Thomas looks bereft of confidence, refuses to take his man on now which is crazy considering the ability he’s got. Connor shields looked like he chucked it for 90 minutes last night. 

We can blame players but at times, you need to place criticism on the manager. He’s been outstanding but simply swapping your left winger week in week out isn’t solving the primary issue, which is of course the set up. We’re playing a system that suits Simon Murray. We can’t continue to play something that doesn’t suit shields and hope it magically works. His subs were poor. Why are two players who make no impact in McPake and Henderson coming on instead of Williamson and Jarrett ?

Title is done but the next few weeks are a real test of character for certain individuals

You are 100% right, we are playing a system that suited us with SM. Now we must start playing with 4-4-2 to suite the players that we have.

On 08/04/2023 at 11:02, hk blues said:

Didn't you just give yourself the explanation for it?

Looks like I did aye. Don't remember typing either of those posts, some weekend I had trying to get over Friday.

On 08/04/2023 at 11:24, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Well, that's still a mystery - even to the supporters and members.

My understanding based on what the President has told members at meetings over the last few years is that the reason Lesser has such a low capacity is that its all we can afford initially.

We got £2.5m upfront for the sale of Hampden with the other £2.5m coming in instalments over the coming years (either 5 or 10, I can't remember which).  That initial money will only go so far, otherwise I assume we would have gone for a bigger capacity right from the start.

It's no secret that we have progressed through the leagues quicker than expected, and the expansion of the stadium (and money to pay for it) hasn't been able to keep up.

Of course none of the above is any excuse for the delays and changes to the build.

On 08/04/2023 at 15:37, Dooflick said:

You are 100% right, we are playing a system that suited us with SM. Now we must start playing with 4-4-2 to suite the players that we have.

Yip. Murray used to drift out to the wing as Connor Shields is doing, but he could then storm to the middle and make something happen. I feel Shields needs someone up there with him. Him and Williamson would be a handful provided we didn't pump high balls up to them.

14 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

My understanding based on what the President has told members at meetings over the last few years is that the reason Lesser has such a low capacity is that its all we can afford initially.

We got £2.5m upfront for the sale of Hampden with the other £2.5m coming in instalments over the coming years (either 5 or 10, I can't remember which).  That initial money will only go so far, otherwise I assume we would have gone for a bigger capacity right from the start.

It's no secret that we have progressed through the leagues quicker than expected, and the expansion of the stadium (and money to pay for it) hasn't been able to keep up.

Of course none of the above is any excuse for the delays and changes to the build.

The plan pre-vote was £2M paid over eight years i.e. £250kpa which was all ringfenced for the development programme. In reality though, pretty much everything that was said before the vote has been distorted one way or another. The Lochinch project was never mentioned. The Holyrood project was never mentioned. Trying to get into the Premiership was never mentioned, let alone in year 3. 

• 1 month later...
On 07/04/2023 at 23:49, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Had a wee bit of time to think; as turgid as the first half was a few QP players put in loads of running on the ball, but generally into cul de sacs or positions where they couldnt do anything dangerous. So after the 2nd half kicked off they couldnt do the same level of running. Lots of high intensity sprints etc fucked them is my gut feeling, idk.

What a 2nd half performance. Danny Mullen cult hero for scpring a goal that wins us the league or the playoffs at this rate. Fitzpatrick had a better impact as a sub than he sometimes does too.

Them goals 🥰

OK the league is gone, but ITS HAPPENING

GET HYPE