Crisps

For me the best flavour is the one you can't get at home. I remember one holiday getting  Tomato flavour crisps.  They were wonderful.  As soon as I could them at the local Co-op I no longer liked them.

Not sure if anyone ever did a PhD to explain this sort of thing but if this inspires any of you to do so then make sure to give me a mention.

43 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

For me the best flavour is the one you can't get at home. I remember one holiday getting  Tomato flavour crisps.  They were wonderful.  As soon as I could them at the local Co-op I no longer liked them.

Not sure if anyone ever did a PhD to explain this sort of thing but if this inspires any of you to do so then make sure to give me a mention.

Like a memory tie-in maybe? Like Cruzcampo is a little bit above average Eurolager most places, but a big bottle at the side of the River Guadalquivir freshly purchased from the guy with the refrigerated cart when its 40C in Seville is heaven in green glass. Not sure how that'd work with crisps, mind. 

• 1 month later...
On 04/04/2023 at 19:01, TxRover said:

Herr’s do excellent chips. They’re the only SnV in the U.S. that I consider correct.

On 05/04/2023 at 13:03, Connor1874 said:

Herr's Carolina Reaper cheese puffs. About £3-4 a bag but love them.

These are the winner. £3.99 (198g pack) and worth every penny. Absolutely incredible and somehow every single one is consistently flavoursome.

71oUoRJjYLL._AC_SY550_.jpg

Edited by 19QOS19

On 14/05/2023 at 20:22, 19QOS19 said:

These are the winner. £3.99 (198g pack) and worth every penny. Absolutely incredible and somehow every single one is consistently flavoursome.

71oUoRJjYLL._AC_SY550_.jpg

These ones are nice too. Only got a little bag online before but enjoyed them. Bursting with flavour.

On 05/04/2023 at 15:28, Fullerene said:

The reverse is also true.
Once you can't get a packet of Hula Hoops that's all you want.

On 06/04/2023 at 08:16, Derry Alli said:

577307011_0_640x640.jpg.e60304ce4f096290585657c45f2028a7.jpg

Yeah they made it, mmm, theyre the worlds greatest.

The sweet chipotle chilly ones are my favourite. They are great though. 

9 hours ago, Lucyintheskywithdiamonds said:

Favourite crisps would probably be Smokey bbq Pringles or wotsits but hate how you end up not only stinking of cheesy wotsists but end up having cheesy wotsit fingers 

Yip, then your phone screen is orange as a result.

Yesterday I bought a big bag of maple glazed gammon ridge cut crisps from Aldi. I had 2 or 3 and they were great. Scott then tried one, and just took the rest of the bag. Apparently I'm heading back today for more. 

50 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Yesterday I bought a big bag of maple glazed gammon ridge cut crisps from Aldi. I had 2 or 3 and they were great. Scott then tried one, and just took the rest of the bag. Apparently I'm heading back today for more. 

You've sold me on them.  I'm going there when I finish invigilating today. We can't find bacon/gammon crisps anywhere these days.

On 05/04/2023 at 23:28, Fullerene said:

Holiday crisps are the best crisps.