Crisps

On 05/04/2023 at 19:47, budmiester1 said:

Does anyone remember Burtons Potato Puffs? I loved them especially the Cheese and Tomato flavour, I think they stopped making them over a decade ago.

Yes.

I loved the salt and vinegar ones!

• 3 months later...

One for @kingjoey and @TommyDickFingers

Aldi's maple glazed gammon crisps may be gone...but they have just released a pretty good (and very similar) line. Not crinkle cut like the old ones but I reckon these are very close to the original, if maybe not quite as sweet.

F9EIOQeWkAEDQf_.jpg:large

Not sure of the difference between this limited edition one and the regular pigs and blankets, but this is the one I got and they're great.

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

One for @kingjoey and @TommyDickFingers

Aldi's maple glazed gammon crisps may be gone...but they have just released a pretty good (and very similar) line. Not crinkle cut like the old ones but I reckon these are very close to the original, if maybe not quite as sweet.

F9EIOQeWkAEDQf_.jpg:large

Not sure of the difference between this limited edition one and the regular pigs and blankets, but this is the one I got and they're great.

I will nip into Aldi tomorrow. Cheers. 

52 minutes ago, Steelly said:

Didn't try them, hopefully they will be back in Aldi's at some point 👍

They were delicious but not available for long.

My other half disappointingly fell into the gimmick trap by buying a multi pack of Walkers' pigs in blankets flavoured crisps.

They're utterly dreadful.  Avoid.

(not so much the taste, just incredibly bland, like somebody mixed up milligrams and grams when stocking up the factory machine)

Edited by Hedgecutter

45 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

My other half disappointingly fell into the gimmick trap by buying a multi pack of Walkers' pigs in blankets flavoured crisps.

(not so much the taste, just incredibly bland, like somebody mixed up milligrams and grams when stocking up the factory machine)

Just imagined they'd use the same seasoning for their smoky bacon.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Al of these fancy flavours are complete nonsense anyway. Tried the Walkers Max Peperoni Pizza flavour the other. Tastes nothing like Peperoni Pizza. Its just generic meat flavour #1625. I suppose when you think about, that's what most crisp flavours are; just a random combination of flavourings that we've been conditioned to accept tastes of what they claim its meant to be.

Are Ready Salted and Salt & Vinegar the only truly authentic flavours of crisp?

10 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Are Ready Salted and Salt & Vinegar the only truly authentic flavours of crisp?

Those giant 'dried pigs ear' crisps* are rather bacon-ey and taste exactly how I imagine a pig's ear would taste.

*they seem to go hard with time rather than go soft, which I find somewhat suspicious.  Maybe an additive thing.

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

20231130_124117.thumb.jpg.33b3115d6c37f28689a94af3bfe87fe1.jpg

These had better be good 

I wasn't that impressed with them. I try and avoid "meat" flavoured crisps but was seduced by these. Could have been any flavour though. 5/10

Couple of days later, went against my better judgement by buying a large packet of Max Strong crisps. Have always been let down with them whenever I have caved in and bought them but the Fiery Prawn Cocktail tempted me in. As ever spicy hot return with no substance to flavour. Couldn't finish them. 1/10

Need to up game ahead of the Xmas crips buy-in....

Edited by KingRocketman II

46 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

I wasn't that impressed with them. I try and avoid "meat" flavoured crisps but was seduced by these. Could have been any flavour though. 5/10

Couple of days later, went against my better judgement by buying a large packet of Max Strong crisps. Have always been let down with them whenever I have caved in and bought them but the Fiery Prawn Cocktail tempted me in. As ever spicy hot return with no substance to flavour. Couldn't finish them. 1/10

Need to up game ahead of the Xmas crips buy-in....

The jalapeño Max Strong are amazing. Wish they'd do a multipack.