The Terrors v The Hibees

Time to drop the holey goalie (not a religious reference) and ideally go with a strike partner for Fletcher. Sadly thanks to our wonderful recruitment team our options are an unproven youngster in goal, who in his only league start conceded 4 including 1 where he was largely culpable (still my preferred option) and no real striking options thanks to the failure to replace Watt or Clark (Anaku not ready for this level). 
Assuming we stick to the same formation I wouldn’t mind seeing Niskanen in front of Behich to see if they can form a pairing. 

Newman

Ayina Edwards McMann

Freeman Harkes Sibbald Behich

McGrath Niskanen 

Fletcher

38 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Time to drop the holey goalie (not a religious reference) and ideally go with a strike partner for Fletcher. Sadly thanks to our wonderful recruitment team our options are an unproven youngster in goal, who in his only league start conceded 4 including 1 where he was largely culpable (still my preferred option) and no real striking options thanks to the failure to replace Watt or Clark (Anaku not ready for this level). 
Assuming we stick to the same formation I wouldn’t mind seeing Niskanen in front of Behich to see if they can form a pairing. 

Newman

Ayina Edwards McMann

Freeman Harkes Sibbald Behich

McGrath Niskanen 

Fletcher

Don’t have many other options, could stick Djoum in midfield and push Harkes further forward into where Pawlett played, but what’s the fucking point tbh.

Please please please please please play with wingers and not 3 at the back Hibs, I beg.

Not that I’m one of those “2 up top” idiots but we simply do not win games this season when we play 3 at the back or without wide men.

This will be my first away game since Killie away in November and in fact every away game I’ve been to this season has been a defeat so I’m sure it’ll continue, streaky Lee doing streaky things.

3 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Please please please please please play with wingers and not 3 at the back Hibs, I beg.

Not that I’m one of those “2 up top” idiots but we simply do not win games this season when we play 3 at the back or without wide men.

This will be my first away game since Killie away in November and in fact every away game I’ve been to this season has been a defeat so I’m sure it’ll continue, streaky Lee doing streaky things.

I think our ability to play wingers was constrained by McGeady, Boyle and Youan being unavailable last Saturday. Youan will surely be back on Saturday.

Edited by Aim Here

20 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

I think our ability to play wingers was constrained by McGeady, Boyle and Youan being unavailable last Saturday. Youan will surely be back on Saturday.

Partially yeah however we have played with Henderson, McKirdy, Hoppe and Cadden in the wing positions before, now I’m not saying the first three are anything resembling footballers but neither are Jake Doyle-Hayes and Jimmy Jeggo and that doesn’t stop us playing with them in the side.

Like you say Youan being out was a blow but I hope to god we play with him and A.N.other on the wings because otherwise we simply won’t win the match.

16 hours ago, skinny arab said:

Time to drop the holey goalie (not a religious reference) and ideally go with a strike partner for Fletcher

Given Birighitti’s ability to cause chaos around the goal, why not kill two birds with one stone and play him up front?

On 04/04/2023 at 22:47, Loemba90 said:

Don’t have many other options, could stick Djoum in midfield and push Harkes further forward into where Pawlett played, but what’s the fucking point tbh.

Harkes did have a couple of decent games playing in a more advanced role not too long ago but I just cant bring myself to putting Djoum in the team.

5 hours ago, skinny arab said:

Harkes did have a couple of decent games playing in a more advanced role not too long ago but I just cant bring myself to putting Djoum in the team.

Harkes was very good in the game at Easter Road in January for what it's worth

On 05/04/2023 at 17:16, Sarto Mutiny said:

Hibs are the only team who haven't beaten United this season. Imagine that

Motherwell were the only team not to beat us this season until Saturday aswell if that adds to the narrative.