Caledonian Thistles of Inverness -vs- Rovers of Raith

15 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I don’t think there is. Cove and Hamilton both have to play Arbroath so there isn’t an possible scenario where 2 of those 3 can get more points than what you have just now.

As the table currently stands. Thats also after a very quick look so it may be wrong.

ETA - not that it remotely matters. Raith aren’t going to be in the bottom two. 100% guaranteed.

Not yet guaranteed…but pretty certain.

2 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Anything less than a three goal deficit isn't a terrible outcome for us. 

Yup, totally fine with that, given the injuries we went into the game with. Presumably Millen going off after 52 minutes means he has some sort of issue too, as well as Isma going off late on.

One game closer to the end of the season. 

9 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Yup, totally fine with that, given the injuries we went into the game with. Presumably Millen going off after 52 minutes means he has some sort of issue too, as well as Isma going off late on.

One game closer to the end of the season. 

Millen was really struggling and heavily strapped up from the start. Isma was fouled, played on for a few seconds and then broke down. Had to be helped off by the physio and in a lot of pain, so I expect that might well be his season done. Summed us up that we didn't have enough subs to replace him - should have chucked Thomson on for a laugh. 

We are 12 clear of Hamilton and they can apparently only beat us, so we are safe. Just a crap way to end the season. 

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

There is genuinely no point playing these fixtures. 

The day we beat them they should bake us a cake or something. I find myself always attending home games with them now, as I want to be there when we finally beat them. We’ve been close a couple of times recently. Close but no cigar.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

The day we beat them they should bake us a cake or something. I find myself always attending home games with them now, as I want to be there when we finally beat them. We’ve been close a couple of times recently. Close but no cigar.

I don't think we should settle for anything less than a Town House reception. 

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

11 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I don't think we should settle for anything less than a Town House reception. 

I think we should all pray that they get into the play offs and are promoted. We can then host a Town House reception for them to celebrate the fact that we won't have to play them next season. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

That was as straightforward a win as I've seen for us this season. Raith were non existent for a lot of that game. Cracking finishes from Henderson and Shaw to put us in control. After that it seemed to be nothing more than a training exercise for us.

Incredible to think we have a chance of sneaking into the playoffs and, albeit it's highly unlikely, we may only be 6 points off the top. This league is utterly bonkers. 

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Would you leave at half time if we were 2-0 up though? 🤪

53 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Would you leave at half time if we were 2-0 up though? 🤪

I can exclusively reveal that I would stay to the very end. Then I would sing, dance and go and get drunk.

I would then post this on P&B to celebrate with the P&B community and taunt the highlanders who will be weeping that their bitches have finally turned:

We are the best! We are the best! We have beaten Inverness! It is completely unbelievable! We have beaten Inverness! Inverness, birthplace of Nessie! Billy Dodds, Ross Tokely, SuperCaleyGoBalistic…err…Nebula, Keswick Bridge, big Tesco - we have beaten them all! P&B can you hear me? Those boys took a hell of a beating! Those boys took a hell of a beating!

Maybe it’ll happen next season…

Edited by Scary Bear

Just now, ICTChris said:

It’s annoying because if we’d just been a tiny bit less appalling for that October to January period we might be top of the table. Same as last season really.

Yep and the league is even worse than last season. At least Killie had a few Premiership quality players after January. Every squad in the league this season screams average Championship jobbers. 

It’s an atrocious standard.

12 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yep and the league is even worse than last season. At least Killie had a few Premiership quality players after January. Every squad in the league this season screams average Championship jobbers. 

It’s an atrocious standard.

Yeap, the fact that we haven’t come close to a title challenge the past 2 seasons is pretty terrible. Our team isn’t any worse than anything above us imo. I’m not 100% convinced we will be in the playoffs at the end of the season but if we do it doesn’t make this season a success.

I know if you end up coming 2nd and 4th you still end up in pretty much the same place but there is a big difference between challenging at the top and scraping into the playoffs.

Even finishing 4th still won’t change my mind about Dodds, he needs to be gone in the summer.