Falkirk v Dunfermline 8th April 2023

Apparently there's a game on Saturday at TFS. 

Would imagine the North Stand will be sold out, whether the home end is sold out remains to be seen due to it being Easter weekend, our recent form, people keeping their cash for the semi final and our general performance against them this season. 

We need to take something from this, preferably a win or we could be caught.  I'm not confident at all.

Belive the away end sold out within a few days when the tickets went on sale last month. 

Looking forward to a pressure free game through at Falkirk, not the end of the world if we lose, but it'll still be pretty nice if we win. Lovely. 

I won't be in attendance - wasn't able to get a ticket in the away end and while I could have sat in the Main Stand I wasn't that comfortable given the liklihood that arseholic behaviour will be on show and we ended up booking a holiday for next week anyway - so this could be a cracker.

Think 0-0 is much more likely. Falkirk have went off the boil and will be determined to win to show that they can get at us and also to get back into some sort of form, so I'd imagine they'll be fast out the traps. If we can keep it tight for 20 minutes then I can see McGlynn reverting to type and running out of ideas while we contain and look to hit on the break. A shame we can't clinch the title on Saturday but that might have put a bit more pressure on us bizarrely so it might work in our favour in that regard. 

This game has certainly lost a bit of excitement to it since being confirmed that Falkirk have shat it and have no capability to offer a title challenge despite a few dropped points from us but also we can’t officially secure the title.  

I don’t think it’s any secret what we’ll do tactically and mcglynn looks clueless how to deal with it,  I think the only questions are if Todd is fit and if so what time he’ll score the winner.

25 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

This game has certainly lost a bit of excitement to it since being confirmed that Falkirk have shat it and have no capability to offer a title challenge despite a few dropped points from us but also we can’t officially secure the title.  

I don’t think it’s any secret what we’ll do tactically and mcglynn looks clueless how to deal with it,  I think the only questions are if Todd is fit and if so what time he’ll score the winner.

I'd suggest claiming for a goal as soon as the ball comes within a foot of the line. Maybe you'll get the same blind f**k of a linesman as at EEP or TFS the last time you played there.

Alternatively, our mob of clueless reprobates  muster the same performance as at Clyde at the weekend and my 0-6 correct score coupon comes up and I buy everyone a pint.

Based on our previous two extremely lacklustre performances against the Pars not confident about this at all. This seems to be reflected in the fact that there are an awful lot of tickets left in the home end with only 2-3 days to go.

Taking a friend along for his first ever Falkirk game so hoping we are competitive, threaten the goal and at least score this time!

No goals in our last 4 games and no goals in our last 2 games against the Pars suggests it could be a long afternoon. Thankfully not however watching the league title being won at our stadium. It would be nice to be surprised by a formation that gets back to threatening in the box frequently. Players should still be playing for 2nd spot and a semi place so would like to see the type of effort that is required for both.

Pars deserved winners of the league this season, I can take crumbs of comfort from the fact that we are in a much better state on and off the park than we were a year ago, and we could potentially still go up through the play offs and make a Scottish Cup Final. IF we did go up through the play offs that Scottish Cup money could go a long way to making next season another better one.

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

I think it's all went a bit flat, however I'm still looking forward to it. I wouldn't expect great football, especially after the shite served up last week by us. I'll go 1-1 each.

Hate to say it but I think we could be on the wrong end of a heavy defeat. We have been rank rotten since the Ayr game, bonus that Dunfermline can't clinch the title despite us doing our best to try to give them every opportunity last weekend. Fully expect Airdrie to be breathing down our neck come full time on Saturday.

8 hours ago, ChrispPancake said:

I'd suggest claiming for a goal as soon as the ball comes within a foot of the line. Maybe you'll get the same blind f**k of a linesman as at EEP or TFS the last time you played there.

The net clearly rippled.

I don't know if il making the game and tbh, thanks to the efforts of the team in recent weeks, I'm not exactly busting a gut to make sure I can. 

After the game at EEP and subsequent dropped points for the Pars its a pretty damning indictment of our team that we have contrived to make this game borderline meaningless, and in fact, got out of jail somewhat for a title party on our patch. 

What should be the pinnacle of the last few turgid years is still to come but if they don't get the finger out soon, we are going to be going in to the playoffs on a downer and expecting to lose. 

56 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

I must have a thing for self-torture because why on Earth am I going to this game

Same reason as everyone else. To see the Matty Todd show, with his co-star Kane Ritchie-Hosler.

I’m glad this is away from home. We seem to play much better on plastic pitches than we do on grass! Actually more confident of us getting the job done at your place than I was at East End.

27 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Going o be so frustrating sitting there. All we'll hear for 90 minutes is "what a shitey home support"

I'm gonna be sat right here in my house, or maybe up a Munro somewhere. Not decided yet. Sack watching us passing about the back and middle to zero effect against that lot, AGAIN.