Falkirk v Dunfermline 8th April 2023

McGlynn last tried to mix things up by dropping one of the best keepers in the league for a man known to not handle pressure and play Stephen Simmons as a winger.   I think at that point he gave up on changes and he has been the same ever since.  

Edited by parsforlife

I don't see McGlynn changing formation for this game, he will be too shit scared to open up and go for it, few niggly injury concerns aswell by all accounts. Going by his pre match interview he and probably only he actually believes that the gap could be down to five points after the next two games. It's a generic spiel when every man and his dug knows it's done. The Scottish cup has been a bigger distraction than anyone could have perceived in that we have totally fallen off a cliff, and the players could maybe have been forgiven for losing at QoS after the heroics of the cup game. What has happened since has been utter garbage.

Edited by ebobsboy

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

McGlynn last tried to mix things up by ... and play Stephen Simmons as a winger ...

Thanks a bunch, there was me thinking I'd finally got my PTSD back under control ... and someone goes and reminds me of Stephen Simmons ... more meds, must take more meds ... 🫤😵‍💫

4 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Thanks a bunch, there was me thinking I'd finally got my PTSD back under control ... and someone goes and reminds me of Stephen Simmons ... more meds, must take more meds ... 🫤😵‍💫

i can post a picture of him crying his eyes out after being sent off if that would help?

25 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

i can post a picture of him crying his eyes out after being sent off if that would help?

You know, it just might ... appreciate your kindness, cheers! 👍

8 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

What game was this?

Starks Park where they went down to 9 men after Hill was also sent off at HT. I think it ended up 3 0 with Cardle on the scoresheet at least once? 

Might get Simmons on the podcast for that one.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Starks Park where they went down to 9 men after Hill was also sent off at HT. I think it ended up 3 0 with Cardle on the scoresheet at least once? 

I think that was a different game. Could be wrong, but I’m sure the Simmons one was in the McIntyre era. Did he not get booked, then got a second booking within about 2 mins for diving right in front of the Pars fans?

Sure the Hill incident involved Falkingham, so had to be under JJ in 2012/13.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

47 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I think that was a different game. Could be wrong, but I’m sure the Simmons one was in the McIntyre era. Did he not get booked, then got a second booking within about 2 mins for diving right in front of the Pars fans?

Sure the Hill incident involved Falkingham, so had to be under JJ in 2012/13.

Aye that was the confusion. For a minute I thought Simmons got sent off against us in the Martin Hardie game but it had somehow completely passed me by. Don’t think it was the 0-3 Raith down to 9 men game, that photo looks like it’s a fairly bright day however the game involving them going down to 9 was a gloomy, dreich November I’m sure. And yeah, one nil up at half time, them down to 10. Another got sent off at half time and we came straight out, Cardle done his usual cut inside and smashed one into the top corner, Craig Dargo scored a tap in late on. 

Think the Simmons red must’ve been in the Jimmy Mac era.

Edited by The Toun Clock

Yeah it was 09/10 season. Pars won 2-1 with a fairly late David Graham winner.

In the same game, David McGurn pulled off one of the best saves I’ve ever seen & Greg Fleming put Gregory Tade into orbit.

Anyway, into this lot tomorrow. 3 points and a party. 

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

The name Cardle rings a bell......

Oh aye, that's the boy that spits at wee kids isn't it

Edited by Bairnardo

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

The name Cardle rings a bell......

Oh aye, that's the boy that spits at wee kids isn't it

Wtf are you slavering about?

1 hour ago, OwenDAFC said:

When did he do this? 

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Falkirk v Kelty 2 weeks ago 

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I genuinely refuse to believe that 

It's weird - the Falkirk fans were 100% convinced he did it, and said there was video evidence etc. The Kelty fans (and some Pars fans) thought it strange that a guy who coaches youth teams and seems to enjoy it would stoop to something like that. Given there seems to have been no complaint made, no statements, no SFA investigation or ban and nothing from Cardle's socials I'm guessing it was something that looked bad but wasn't as first appeared? 

14 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I don't see McGlynn changing formation for this game, he will be too shit scared to open up and go for it, few niggly injury concerns aswell by all accounts. Going by his pre match interview he and probably only he actually believes that the gap could be down to five points after the next two games. It's a generic spiel when every man and his dug knows it's done. The Scottish cup has been a bigger distraction than anyone could have perceived in that we have totally fallen off a cliff, and the players could maybe have been forgiven for losing at QoS after the heroics of the cup game. What has happened since has been utter garbage.

Dunfermline couldn’t breakdown Kelty with 10 behind the ball either. Last week was poor though 

34 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

It's weird - the Falkirk fans were 100% convinced he did it, and said there was video evidence etc. The Kelty fans (and some Pars fans) thought it strange that a guy who coaches youth teams and seems to enjoy it would stoop to something like that. Given there seems to have been no complaint made, no statements, no SFA investigation or ban and nothing from Cardle's socials I'm guessing it was something that looked bad but wasn't as first appeared? 

Not wanting to go over old news too much and without making a drama about it but he spat twice in the direction of a child. It was facing away from where the cameras streaming would see it and not really noticeable to anybody else other than the fans in the south stand but it 100% happened.

It would be a rather distasteful claim to make up if it did not actually happen.

16 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Not wanting to go over old news too much and without making a drama about it but he spat twice in the direction of a child. It was facing away from where the cameras streaming would see it and not really noticeable to anybody else other than the fans in the south stand but it 100% happened.

It would be a rather distasteful claim to make up if it did not actually happen.

It would also have been utterly wild for me as the first person who posted about it, to have made it up out of the blue, and been rapidly backed by other posters who were happy to completely back a lie for no apparent reason. 

That aside, anyone is welcome to challenge me on my record of making up things like "x player spat at y fan, I personally witnessed it."

If folk want to call me a liar, have at it. 

The absolute best thing I could stretch to believe for Cardle is that he somehow didn't intend for it to go in the direction of the kid. With that being the case, I would expect an apology at the time or thereafter. Neither of those happened.....