Nicola Sturgeon Arrested, Peter Murrell Charged

Lex

1 hour ago, StellarHibee said:

Picking out an obscure opinion piece doesn't add credibility to your point. Caroline Luca's is also "the best PM the UK never had," according to an opinion piece in the guardian - https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/jun/08/caroline-lucas-britain-politics-green-mp-brighton-pavilion

Meaningless.

You've now switched from Corbyn to Starmer to Lucas so probably best not to throw words like credibility and meaningless around.

Lucas is a good comparison with Sturgeon because she is also considered a progressive female politician and therefore receives support from certain sections of the media and opinion writers in the same way Sturgeon once enjoyed.

You were originally comparing Sturgeon and Corbyn earlier. Sturgeon was being lauded in the media as the best leader Labour never had whilst Corbyn was the actual Labour leader and was being accused of wanting to start another Holocaust. She absolutely got an easier ride from the media between 2015 and 2019 than Corbyn did.

10 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

You've now switched from Corbyn to Starmer to Lucas so probably best not to throw words like credibility and meaningless around.

Lucas is a good comparison with Sturgeon because she is also considered a progressive female politician and therefore receives support from certain sections of the media and opinion writers in the same way Sturgeon once enjoyed.

You were originally comparing Sturgeon and Corbyn earlier. Sturgeon was being lauded in the media as the best leader Labour never had whilst Corbyn was the actual Labour leader and was being accused of wanting to start another Holocaust. She absolutely got an easier ride from the media between 2015 and 2019 than Corbyn did.

She was being lauded by a very small section of the media, with a heavy bias against her from the vast majority of the media. A trend that hasn't really changed much. Even during the Covid situation, her media sessions were full of so called "journalists" who were just itching for her to slip up in some way, with no regards to the challenges of the situation itself and the lives involved. The British Media in Scotland is nothing less than a cesspit with a very heavy leaning agenda.

Edited by StellarHibee

53 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

He's got a new dotting account to play with too!

Screenshot2023-08-1318_15_38.png.ddf2faba7d9103896783d513128f1f0a.png

What an immature little fud!

43 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

Noticed that. 😂 Another one of the pleb's aliases for the ignore function.

I know you guys are absolutley and utterly consumed with losing your heads online but if I was the type of weird guy that made alias "dotting accounts" then I wouldn't be stupid enough to dot my own posts or people that were arguing with me. 

Also kinda rich considering both of you guys have spent far too much time down voting posts of mine that have zero relevance to things you actually care about or dislike. I'd say that's pretty immature behaviour. 

That's the last I'll say on this unconvincing attempt to spam this thread with anything other than criticism of your beloved political heavyweight heroes. 

22 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

I know you guys are absolutley and utterly consumed with losing your heads online but if I was the type of weird guy that made alias "dotting accounts" then I wouldn't be stupid enough to dot my own posts or people that were arguing with me. 

Also kinda rich considering both of you guys have spent far too much time down voting posts of mine that have zero relevance to things you actually care about or dislike. I'd say that's pretty immature behaviour. 

That's the last I'll say on this unconvincing attempt to spam this thread with anything other than criticism of your beloved political heavyweight heroes. 

Stormzy lad, you have just outed yourself with that one. I do agree with you ref doodlebug & the rest of the echo chamber types on here, Dissention is not permissible!

8 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

She was being lauded by a very small section of the media, with a heavy bias against her from the vast majority of the media. A trend that hasn't really changed much. Even during the Covid situation, her media sessions were full of so called "journalists" who were just itching for her to slip up in some way, with no regards to the challenges of the situation itself and the lives involved. The British Media in Scotland is nothing less than a cesspit with a very heavy leaning agenda.

Of course the media in this country is terrible. I've stated countless times over the years on this forum that it's amongst the worst and most poisonous in the world.

The media works to protect the interests of its owners and/or the establishment. When a politician aligns with this they get good press, when they don't, they get hammered regardless of who they are or what they're saying.

22 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

^^^^^^ It's Stormzy, the multibanned troll! ^^^^^^

I was responding to you quoting me before, whatever you're ranting about it was clearly aimed at me...

I don't get the in-joke but Stormzy is fucking pish for the record. 

Just now, RuMoore said:

I was responding to you quoting me before, whatever you're ranting about it was clearly aimed at me...

25 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

^^^^^^ It's Stormzy, the multibanned troll! ^^^^^^

3 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

Would you say that the jumbled up nature of this is indicative of a rage driven by a fear that you are on the path to yet another ban?

On 13/08/2023 at 10:58, StellarHibee said:

This is deluded nonsense.  During and after Brexit there was much adulation towards Sturgeon with comments from voters down south about how she was representing them better than their own representatives.  Many were impressed by her leadership and positioning over Brexit and it's aftermath.  Shame she was actually pretty cluelesson how to take political advantage or perhaps she got exactly what she wanted from the situation.  Regardless, she has had the best press on any SNP leader ever.

2 hours ago, strichener said:

This is deluded nonsense.  During and after Brexit there was much adulation towards Sturgeon with comments from voters down south about how she was representing them better than their own representatives.  Many were impressed by her leadership and positioning over Brexit and it's aftermath.  Shame she was actually pretty cluelesson how to take political advantage or perhaps she got exactly what she wanted from the situation.  Regardless, she has had the best press on any SNP leader ever.

Saying she's had the best press of any SNP leader ever doesn't really say much. She never really gave them much to work with in terms or generating negative headlines, but that didn't stop them from trying anyway. She certainly got some adulation from a small proportion of people south of the border, those capable of seeing beyond the headlines. No politician was ever going to gain a political advantage over the handling of the Covid situation. because it was a situation that was never going to leave any political leader looking great. Some of the media pressure was taken off her following the Covid situation simply due to the party clowns down south eating up most of the headlines at the time. But as soon as all of that blew over, it was straight onto ferries and camper vans.

34 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

Saying she's had the best press of any SNP leader ever doesn't really say much. She never really gave them much to work with in terms or generating negative headlines, but that didn't stop them from trying anyway. She certainly got some adulation from a small proportion of people south of the border, those capable of seeing beyond the headlines. No politician was ever going to gain a political advantage over the handling of the Covid situation. because it was a situation that was never going to leave any political leader looking great. Some of the media pressure was taken off her following the Covid situation simply due to the party clowns down south eating up most of the headlines at the time. But as soon as all of that blew over, it was straight onto ferries and camper vans.

Are you seriously suggesting that the press should ignore the ferries?   If you make a career out of blaming others, forgetting about important events and crowing about the Westminster corruption then you can have no complaints when your own actions and those of the Government that you led is being taken to task over the very same matters. 

As for the camper vans, the ex-First minister and senior members of the party governing Scotland have been arrested in an on-going police investigation - In Scotland, and anywhere else where there is a functioning press, this is going to generate coverage and there is nothing positive that could be taken from the way the SNP have had a complete failure of governance.

14 minutes ago, strichener said:

Are you seriously suggesting that the press should ignore the ferries?   If you make a career out of blaming others, forgetting about important events and crowing about the Westminster corruption then you can have no complaints when your own actions and those of the Government that you led is being taken to task over the very same matters. 

As for the camper vans, the ex-First minister and senior members of the party governing Scotland have been arrested in an on-going police investigation - In Scotland, and anywhere else where there is a functioning press, this is going to generate coverage and there is nothing positive that could be taken from the way the SNP have had a complete failure of governance.

Where did I say ignore? Point out where I say the word ignore? The coverage of the ferry situation has been excessive in the upmost extreme. It's a problem. But nowhere near as big of a deal as it has been made out to be. There are far more glaring issues on the island of Britain that barely get a sniff in the media.

Senior members of the SNP were brought in for questioning, then subsequently released. This is despite the brit media in Scotland crying out for charges and prison sentences. Their next line of attack will be police Scotland and how it has allegedly been corrupted by the SNP. And you'll be on here echoing that pish next no doubt.

18 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

Where did I say ignore? Point out where I say the word ignore? The coverage of the ferry situation has been excessive in the upmost extreme. It's a problem. But nowhere near as big of a deal as it has been made out to be. There are far more glaring issues on the island of Britain that barely get a sniff in the media.

Senior members of the SNP were brought in for questioning, then subsequently released. This is despite the brit media in Scotland crying out for charges and prison sentences. Their next line of attack will be police Scotland and how it has allegedly been corrupted by the SNP. And you'll be on here echoing that pish next no doubt.

I never said you used the word ignore so get over yourself.  Your posts clearly show that you think the SNP have been badly treated by the press, I disagree.

Coming back to the two issues - on ferries, it's a big deal for the communities that are being deprived of reliable ferry services.  Aging fleet, doubling of repair bills and at least £230m spend on two ferries that should have cost £97m 

On the police investigation, they were arrested and questioned.  You can continue to ignore this important element of the investigation but it did happen.  I have no intention of alleging that Police Scotland has been corrupted by the SNP but the echos that are being heard on here are not about corruption or due diligence but of the persecution on the SNP.  I await the police finding sufficient evidence of wrongdoing and the you on here complaining about the corruption of Police Scotland by the "Brit media", the establishment or some other pie in the sky rubbish.

On 14/08/2023 at 18:27, strichener said:

agree with this, good at soundbites that the media and voters lapped up, poor at governance in getting anything implemented and working and poor at moving independence any further forward when she was dealt the best hand ever for doing that

Edited by ScotiaNostra