Nicola Sturgeon Arrested, Peter Murrell Charged

Lex

22 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not sure how much longer it will be until there is further clarity.  If people, including Nicola Sturgeon, have done wrong then they should be getting charged and prosecuted.

The more lengthy the delays the more prejudicial it is to those individuals arrested, the SNP as an organisation nd the Independence movement as a whole.

But she isn't being charged or prosecuted, so likely hasn't done anything wrong. Meaning there's going to be a lot of stupid looking people on this thread at the end of it all.

6 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

But she isn't being charged or prosecuted, so likely hasn't done anything wrong. Meaning there's going to be a lot of stupid looking people on this thread at the end of it all.

The thing is none of us know if Sturgeon and/or Murrell or anyone else have done anything wrong, including the idiots that pretend they do know.

I think that the police and the fiscal’s office must be given a reasonable amount of time to decide if any chargeable offences have been committed but they cannot be given a free hand to drag this on indefinitely without a clear outcome one way or another.

26 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The thing is none of us know if Sturgeon and/or Murrell or anyone else have done anything wrong, including the idiots that pretend they do know.

I think that the police and the fiscal’s office must be given a reasonable amount of time to decide if any chargeable offences have been committed but they cannot be given a free hand to drag this on indefinitely without a clear outcome one way or another.

I'm guessing given the high profile political nature of the case the cops will need to cross every T and dot every i whether there are charges or not, and financial cases always take a long time, I doubt if they have too many forensic accountants on staff. Hope it's all over soon though, whichever way it goes, seems a long time to spend on a campervan and a few hundred thousand of donated funds with questions about ring fencing.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, RuMoore said:

I actually listened to this radio interview and he sounded like a man defending his officers (correctly) but he really struggled after the initial question.

Suggested that it was proportionate to put a tent on the lawn  "due to the circumstances of that search" and "the tent was there to protect the interests of justice".

Even he doesnt believe that.............

3 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I actually listened to this radio interview and he sounded like a man defending his officers (correctly) but he really struggled after the initial question.

Suggested that it was proportionate to put a tent on the lawn  "due to the circumstances of that search" and "the tent was there to protect the interests of justice".

Even he doesnt believe that.............

Of course it was proportionate to have a dry safe place to lodge documentary productions and items from a house. These tents get used at any large scale search, its not a massive conspiracy its best practice. 

15 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Of course it was proportionate to have a dry safe place to lodge documentary productions and items from a house. These tents get used at any large scale search, its not a massive conspiracy its best practice. 

There was a big house to keep all the shit in to go through. They could miss out on rain a falling, seagulls a shiting and bees a buzzing by not setting up a Fred west 12 man tent outside on their lawn. It was purely a state intervention by the polis who have took 2 steps back in Scotland after their overly Taggart crime scene.

37 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Which makes perfect sense.

It seems odd, therefore, that there was a deviation from this method in the search of the SNP offices in Edinburgh (when it was - in fact - raining) in that no tents were pitched, and they just loaded evidence into several vans.

It seems reasonable to question why there was a difference.

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Which makes perfect sense.

It seems odd, therefore, that there was a deviation from this method in the search of the SNP offices in Edinburgh (when it was - in fact - raining) in that no tents were pitched, and they just loaded evidence into several vans.

It seems reasonable to question why there was a difference.

You could probably easily create a sterile area in a large reception area or clear part of a foyer or something, you cant do that in a cluttered house. Think about how your house looks. 
If im cataloguing documents which have to be signed and removed then they need to be laid out in a clear area, recorded properly, reviewed initially and packaged, that cannot be easily done for as large and complex a scale search of a house as was alleged to have been conducted. Its genuinely not rocket science, its why you see these tents outside a lot of search areas in houses. I had one not so long ago in very similar circumstances, lots of stuff needing removed from a cluttered house, no room in the house to create a sterile area so a tent outside was used to make sure everything was seized and recorded properly.

If that search was happening in a larger office building where you have a foyer/reception area which is open and not cluttered like yer typical house then a table and relevant area could be set up there for things to be reviewed, recorded and properly catalogued before they were packed up into the van. Its not even remotely rocket science, i cant even begin to process the ‘state intervention’ nonsense in dingus’ quote. The search which was conducted would have been led by licensed search trained police officers, called ‘Polsa’ trained officers, it’s their job to assess whats needed and proportionate, i’d hazard a guess that if my house was ever searched in a similar manner they’d need a tent for it too. 

If you want to believe in some kind of conspiracy theory nonsense then fine batter in. 

5 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

You could probably easily create a sterile area in a large reception area or clear part of a foyer or something, you cant do that in a cluttered house. Think about how your house looks. 
If im cataloguing documents which have to be signed and removed then they need to be laid out in a clear area, recorded properly, reviewed initially and packaged, that cannot be easily done for as large and complex a scale search of a house as was alleged to have been conducted. Its genuinely not rocket science, its why you see these tents outside a lot of search areas in houses. I had one not so long ago in very similar circumstances, lots of stuff needing removed from a cluttered house, no room in the house to create a sterile area so a tent outside was used to make sure everything was seized and recorded properly.

If that search was happening in a larger office building where you have a foyer/reception area which is open and not cluttered like yer typical house then a table and relevant area could be set up there for things to be reviewed, recorded and properly catalogued before they were packed up into the van. Its not even remotely rocket science, i cant even begin to process the ‘state intervention’ nonsense in dingus’ quote. The search which was conducted would have been led by licensed search trained police officers, called ‘Polsa’ trained officers, it’s their job to assess whats needed and proportionate, i’d hazard a guess that if my house was ever searched in a similar manner they’d need a tent for it too. 

If you want to believe in some kind of conspiracy theory nonsense then fine batter in. 

Thanks, thats actually exactly what I was looking for.

As I said, it is a reasonable question, and your post above is a sensible response................although perhaps if this kind of info had been publicised earlier this year then any questions might have been headed off at the pass.

Not everyone who asks questions wears a tinfoil hat, by the way.

16 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Thanks, thats actually exactly what I was looking for.

As I said, it is a reasonable question, and your post above is a sensible response................although perhaps if this kind of info had been publicised earlier this year then any questions might have been headed off at the pass.

Not everyone who asks questions wears a tinfoil hat, by the way.

Not accusing you personally of tin foil stuff but there has been some in this thread and its just patently not true. 
As for publicising the reasons etc, most journalists know why these things happen, if they dont print that then they cant be made to. Most of the guidance for polsa searching etc can be found online as with many other training materials, people sometimes just dont look for it before they make assertions and thats largely because the assertions suit their agenda etc. I think the chief constable had to walk a fine line in how he answered the journalists questions but he could have done a better job of explaining the tent bit given it worked some folk up to a frenzy. 

Soem un-named folk in the SNP apparently getting a bit edgy. What is more interesting is the comment about timelines. Between this and the chief constable making a media appearance it does feel like it'll shortly be coming to a head.

1 hour ago, renton said:

Soem un-named folk in the SNP apparently getting a bit edgy. What is more interesting is the comment about timelines. Between this and the chief constable making a media appearance it does feel like it'll shortly be coming to a head.

If anyone is to be charged I’d want that done and a speedy trial, this should be resolved before the next GE.

On 20/07/2023 at 12:28, Granny Danger said:

If anyone is to be charged I’d want that done and a speedy trial, this should be resolved before the next GE.

Not with the court backlog at present? There's assault trials taking 2+ years to get resolved. Unless they plead guilty a fraud case will drag on for even longer