Aberdeen v Kilmarnock

54 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Depends what age you are and how long you've been supporting them. And what you class as a disappointment.

I've been following them for 40 years and probably had more disappointments than you and your dad, grandad and great grandad have had dinners, hot, cold and lukewarm. 

We did enough to get the job done without being outstanding. 

Kilmarnock huffed and puffed, and were in the game at 1-0, but they didn't ever look like creating a huge amount. Robson has undoubtedly made us tougher for teams to play through. Saying that, Roos did make what looked like an excellent save shortly before half-time which could have changed things. 

We had a better degree of control after scoring the second, and on another day would have scored a couple more on the break. I don't think there were many excellent performances, but plenty of good ones - Duk, Miovski, Clarkson and Hayes were impressive. Roos had a couple of smart saves, but some nervous moments with the ball at his feet. We did miss Shinnie's bite and energy at times in the first half, but if there was a game that we had to choose to be without him then it would have probably been this one. 

Three points, another clean sheet, and leapfrogging the best Hearts team in decades. Happy days. 

Also: Some of the VAR delays were ridiculous again today. That check for what I assume was serious foul play against Ramadani in the second half was just so obviously a nothing incident, but seemed to take about a minute to be cleared up. I don't even think any Kilmarnock players, nor anybody in the ground, were bothered by it or claiming that it should have been a red card. Likewise, I can only assume the offside against Robinson at the end was much closer than it appeared live, because it seemed to take a solid couple of minutes for play to be restarted. 

Edited by DrewDon

28 minutes ago, Girth said:

Wait a minute, I thought Hertz has this sewn up!?

It's a Golden Rule of Scottish football.

When Hearts really really need to beat St Mirren - they never do.

Hope this helps the Aberdeen fans get over the hurt of being suckered into paying us £300,000 for Jim Goodwin.

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

I can only assume the offside against Robinson at the end was much closer than it appeared live, because it seemed to take a solid couple of minutes for play to be restarted. 

Closer than var want us to believe as well. The blue line in this image is apparently where your players trailing leg is, even though it is clearly visible a yard or two back, practically in line with the red line

7EA74F0C-6ABF-4295-A198-737AC63C4F40.jpeg

I thought we were fairly comfortable, but Killie had a couple of decent chances. Two great saves by Roos just before half Time made things easier in the second half. Killie's biggest threat came from their corners, which were all pretty vicious. Third place feels good just now, but a long way to go.

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

We did enough to get the job done without being outstanding. 

Kilmarnock huffed and puffed, and were in the game at 1-0, but they didn't ever look like creating a huge amount. Robson has undoubtedly made us tougher for teams to play through. Saying that, Roos did make what looked like an excellent save shortly before half-time which could have changed things. 

We had a better degree of control after scoring the second, and on another day would have scored a couple more on the break. I don't think there were many excellent performances, but plenty of good ones - Duk, Miovski, Clarkson and Hayes were impressive. Roos had a couple of smart saves, but some nervous moments with the ball at his feet. We did miss Shinnie's bite and energy at times in the first half, but if there was a game that we had to choose to be without him then it would have probably been this one. 

Three points, another clean sheet, and leapfrogging the best Hearts team in decades. Happy days. 

Also: Some of the VAR delays were ridiculous again today. That check for what I assume was serious foul play against Ramadani in the second half was just so obviously a nothing incident, but seemed to take about a minute to be cleared up. I don't even think any Kilmarnock players, nor anybody in the ground, were bothered by it or claiming that it should have been a red card. Likewise, I can only assume the offside against Robinson at the end was much closer than it appeared live, because it seemed to take a solid couple of minutes for play to be restarted. 

How can you miss Ramadani's performance today? 

14 hours ago, Wilsons14 said:

Closer than var want us to believe as well. The blue line in this image is apparently where your players trailing leg is, even though it is clearly visible a yard or two back, practically in line with the red line

7EA74F0C-6ABF-4295-A198-737AC63C4F40.jpeg

I think he is still offside, but it definitely looks like the line has been drawn from the wrong place.

Bavidge looks promising. 

We weren't great again but quality up front and a lot of graft goes a long way in this league. 

We did allow them back into the game more than was comfortable for ten minutes at the end of first half/start of second. I think that's because we were leaving spaces trying for a second rather than sitting on a single goal lead. Makes for a more entertaining game. 

I thought Watkins had played Robinson onside but i doubt Killie would have gone on to win.